Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 19, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #6,001 of 18,821
@Matt Bartlett I'll join the lineup, for both Android and iOS....thanks

I really hope Chord opens this up to beta, once it's at that stage of course. Will hopefully help avoid some of the issues seen when the Poly itself was introduced. Plus it seems like Head-Fi is almost a silent partner in debugging and troubleshooting this device anyway, may as well extend that function to the app.

Jan 19, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #6,002 of 18,821
listen to this naive. i'm listening to my second mojo now. i had preordered h2 with bugs last summer. i then bought my first mojo. i had my fan on it was a hot day. at the same time the painters were doing the house doors outside. i live in a house with pvt flats. he opened my door to do it and the fan caused the paint which was oil based to spray right onto my new mojo and covered it in paint droplets. he then offered to get turpentine like strong alcohol to wipe mojo all clean!!! i went mad so boss turns up with cash and new mojo same day!!!

The sort of story I used to make up to pacify my wife when I made such purchases!

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #6,003 of 18,821
After days of frustration due to Poly not performing as expected (iPhone X+Glider), I did some troubleshooting with @joe28 who advised me to reach out to Chord.
As a measure of last resort, I tried my third and last SD card (of similar spec to the first two) and, somehow, everything improved immensely. Playback with Glider is now smooth as butter, irregardless of the type of file being used- FLAC, DSD64 or other (this is on Poly's internal hotspot);

I still have not tested things on my home wifi, where I was getting problems, though. I also expect that I will still get track not available errors on Roon too. However, for the first time ever, I can enjoy my music in stunning quality, on the go and without interruptions. Some small niggles remain- like having to reboot Mojopoly if I have used Airplay before starting Glider and the GoFigure app still nowhere to be seen. I am, also for the first time, pretty sure that there is a bright future ahead for all of us early adopters.

Jan 19, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #6,004 of 18,821
We are running concurrent development for the Android version of Our Go Figure App However this is running about six weeks behind. It is certainly not the case that we consider Android users a lower priority at all.
Glad to hear that John, thanks for the reassurance!

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #6,005 of 18,821
After days of frustration due to Poly not performing as expected (iPhone X+Glider), I did some troubleshooting with @joe28 who advised me to reach out to Chord.
As a measure of last resort, I tried my third and last SD card (of similar spec to the first two) and, somehow, everything improved immensely. Playback with Glider is now smooth as butter, irregardless of the type of file being used- FLAC, DSD64 or other (this is on Poly's internal hotspot);

I still have not tested things on my home wifi, where I was getting problems, though. I also expect that I will still get track not available errors on Roon too. However, for the first time ever, I can enjoy my music in stunning quality, on the go and without interruptions. Some small niggles remain- like having to reboot Mojopoly if I have used Airplay before starting Glider and the GoFigure app still nowhere to be seen. I am, also for the first time, pretty sure that there is a bright future ahead for all of us early adopters.

Ahhh, what a Friday afternoon in the office! Listening to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon (DSD) on my Audeze iSine 20s with Mojopoly and Glider is heavenly.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #6,006 of 18,821
Ahhh, what a Friday afternoon in the office! Listening to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon (DSD) on my Audeze iSine 20s with Mojopoly and Glider is heavenly.
I'm also in the office listening to Metallica through MojoPoly, Glider and My JHAudio Laylas. working seamlessly and sounding great.

Jan 19, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #6,007 of 18,821
I'm also in the office listening to Metallica through MojoPoly, Glider and My JHAudio Laylas. working seamlessly and sounding great.

Using my apple watch to control playback and volume is an added bonus. Glider bloody rocks.

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #6,008 of 18,821
made a firm decision to wait to see if these problems are solved and think about the optical vs poly for roon question.

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #6,009 of 18,821
On Nov. 14, 2017 there was:
The app is in with Apple for approval we will advise.
Though we do expect to be coming out with code update to fix some router connectivity issues and other stuff later this week

On January 19, 2018 there was:
We are running concurrent development for the Android version of Our Go Figure App However this is running about six weeks behind. It is certainly not the case that we consider Android users a lower priority at all.

So this means Android is really 14+ weeks behind, since iOS is roughly 8 weeks behind as it stands.

I really hope Chord opens this up to beta, once it's at that stage of course. ...

It would have been nice to be in some sort of Beta from the start when Poly was actually released. By now perhaps we could have a really polished app since technically it was "ready" back in early November. Now who knows what will happen when GoFigure comes out and we see it for the first time.

Oh well, what's another month or so in the Grand Scheme of Things? We waited 7 months for the Poly to arrive after its initial release date. Can't wait to let go of that 1980's @#$!%&* Config Pin!

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #6,010 of 18,821
On Nov. 14, 2017 there was:

On January 19, 2018 there was:

So this means Android is really 14+ weeks behind, since iOS is roughly 8 weeks behind as it stands.

It would have been nice to be in some sort of Beta from the start when Poly was actually released. By now perhaps we could have a really polished app since technically it was "ready" back in early November. Now who knows what will happen when GoFigure comes out and we see it for the first time.

Oh well, what's another month or so in the Grand Scheme of Things? We waited 7 months for the Poly to arrive after its initial release date. Can't wait to let go of that 1980's @#$!%&* Config Pin!
yes that pin has got to go!
my mother always told me patience is a virtue. Your patience will soon be rewarded. We’ve been working hard in the back ground Matt has been throwing the consultant software teams efforts back at them until he and a few other of our Chord guys are completely satisfied that all the wrinkles are smoothed out. We are at the final loop around stage so expect something very soon.

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #6,012 of 18,821
I will be flying tommorow and wanted to use Poly hotspot mode on the plane to play from SD card. So got into access point mode and connected to Poly network and it showed the Poly config page as usual, but when I wanted to escape config page to open Glider to play music the Poly network disconnects and my home wi fi connects automatically.
So i cant use Poly network as long as I have another networks available. Should this be this way or I am doing wrong something?

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #6,013 of 18,821
I will be flying tommorow and wanted to use Poly hotspot mode on the plane to play from SD card. So got into access point mode and connected to Poly network and it showed the Poly config page as usual, but when I wanted to escape config page to open Glider to play music the Poly network disconnects and my home wi fi connects automatically.
So i cant use Poly network as long as I have another networks available. Should this be this way or I am doing wrong something?

Hello. Try to do the process twice in a row. iOS when you hit cancel the first time is just thinking great that is not what the user wanted and reverts back to a known network. But if you attach to Poly's Hotspot again and hit cancel the second time it should ask you at the bottom of the page "Use Without Internet". Tap on that option and the phone will remember the connection and not revert back to your home WiFi. If no available WiFi or previously connected to networks are around then it will do it the first time. Hope this helps.

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #6,015 of 18,821
I really hope Chord opens this up to beta, once it's at that stage of course. Will hopefully help avoid some of the issues seen when the Poly itself was introduced. Plus it seems like Head-Fi is almost a silent partner in debugging and troubleshooting this device anyway, may as well extend that function to the app.

The Poly itself was released as a beta, so I’m sure the app will be too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back