Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 20, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #6,031 of 18,808
?.. Glider was second most stable connection but as i am using beta version currently it requested me to wait 10 minutes from time to time. ...

You can "purchase" the "Pro" version within the app to remove the limitations. Being a Beta you won't actually be charged.

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #6,033 of 18,808
^
I believe you'll just need to do it again with the beta as it's separate from the App Store release version.

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #6,034 of 18,808
Let me explain what's going on here.

In-app purchases made through a TestFlight build are actually done from a ‘sandbox’ account that’s been automatically created for you by TestFlight. This means that purchases made or restored from a TestFlight build are actually using a different account then a build from the AppStore, even though the credentials are the same. The solution mentioned by @Signal2Noise is the easiest way to get around this since you won’t actually be charged for any transactions that happen through a sandbox account. You should receive a confirmation that you won't be charged as a beta tester before completing the 'purchase'.

This whole setup is in place to allow beta users to test the checkout flow and activation of paid features without actually having to pay each time.

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #6,035 of 18,808
from a scientific/technical perspective what accounts for reports of improved sq with poly streaming?

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #6,036 of 18,808
One issue with Mojo was that if the usb cable picked up any RFI, then this could add brightness to the music sound signature. If Poly generates no RFI, and the usb cable has been eliminated by directly docking the Poly and Mojo together, then users should now be able to hear a music signature without the artificial brightness.

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #6,039 of 18,808
Yes the go figure App controls the complete set up of Poly via Bluetooth and there is an option that allows you to control the SD card if for some reason you cannot use WiFi such as on certain flights.

I hope the option is good enough to obviate the need for a wifi connection, with similar album art/playlists etc. If not will you be providing third-party apps (like Glider etc) to have the same local sd control - it would give a wider selection for the end user?

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #6,040 of 18,808
I’m hoping that shortly after the Poly’s release and corrections, positive feedback will hasten the release of the 2Go; the Poky for Hugo 2.

I share the perception of sound quality via poly.

Using blue tooth for H2 works well for me after upgrading to iPhone X w 256 g storage but I wonder if it’ll be even better w poly like device

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #6,041 of 18,808
from a scientific/technical perspective what accounts for reports of improved sq with poly streaming?

The Poly has a very fast, and - I assume - electrically quiet processor and circuitry custom designed for audio. That, and the elimination of power supply noise (when running only on battery) and elimination of any RFI from the USB cable, all add up to better sound. So, a few small things that really do add up.

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #6,042 of 18,808
I'm still having a ton of issues with iOS 11 with the chord mojo on my iPhone X. I keep getting a 'accessory not supported by this iphone' error. the only mitigation i have found is to put it in airplane mode for a bit, restart the phone with the mojo connected. As long as you leave the CCK connected you can keep reconnecting it, but once you disconnect it, its a codebreaker game of trying different combinations to get it to work again without restarting. It happens with both my dragonfly red and mojo so it is likely an iOS issue ugh.

I tried sifting through the thread but does wi-fi streaming work with tidal on the poly?

Jan 21, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #6,043 of 18,808
I'm still having a ton of issues with iOS 11 with the chord mojo on my iPhone X. I keep getting a 'accessory not supported by this iphone' error. the only mitigation i have found is to put it in airplane mode for a bit, restart the phone with the mojo connected. As long as you leave the CCK connected you can keep reconnecting it, but once you disconnect it, its a codebreaker game of trying different combinations to get it to work again without restarting. It happens with both my dragonfly red and mojo so it is likely an iOS issue ugh.

I tried sifting through the thread but does wi-fi streaming work with tidal on the poly?

it does.

We, too, have had a nightmare of connection issues once the iOS updating began awhile back.

I get the same message, but sometimes it will play for a half hour before giving it! I have a number or cords, including "official" Apple one. It's a pain, which is another reason why my wife is enjoying poly. Eventually, as the library builds, we will drop TIDAL for FLAC on the SD card, but while still streaming, it working well.

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #6,044 of 18,808
I once had an issue with the iPhone X not recognising the Poly + Mojo no matter what I tried.

But a simple restart of the iPhone X solved it. So there is a bug with the latest iOS release as I have never experienced this problem before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back