Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #5,536 of 19,045
Now onto second Poly. Now no Bluetooth connection. Will not connect to Samsung S8. Will connect with Asus Notebook via Roon but constant dropouts where other devices via Roon do not have this issue.
I am now bowing out.
Granted maybe it is my technophobia.

However if had i pre ordered a washing machine in March 2017 that was delivered some eight months later. Required a replacement two weeks later as no power. Then took 4 weeks for a replacements with new appliance still not functioning as advertised; think understandable that my patience has gone.
My Audio Quest Red Dragonfly is worth it' weight in gold compared to this farce.

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #5,537 of 19,045
Hoping for a little guidance... This morning my Poly lost the ability to connect via AirPlay, DLNA, or Audirvana, in either network or hotspot mode. I've tried various apps and all show the same result, nada. :frowning2: My iPhone can connect to the Poly hotspot, and I can view/make changes to the Poly setup web page with no problem.

I've tried re-installing apps; leaving the Poly/Mojo off for a couple of hours; separating the Poly and Mojo; switching between hotspot and network modes; and re-starting the Poly via the web setup page.

The Poly has been updated to 1.0.10 when it was released and has been running fine until this morning.

What else should I try?? Any assistance is graciously accepted!!! :)

Hi. Just double check that you Poly hasn’t got set to Roon mode as this will disable DLNA and Airplay.

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #5,538 of 19,045
Now onto second Poly. Now no Bluetooth connection. Will not connect to Samsung S8. Will connect with Asus Notebook via Roon but constant dropouts where other devices via Roon do not have this issue.
I am now bowing out.

However if had i pre ordered a washing machine in March 2017 that was delivered some eight months later. Required a replacement two weeks later as no power. Then took 4 weeks for a replacements with new appliance still not functioning as advertised; think understandable that my patience has gone.
My Audio Quest Red Dragonfly is worth it' weight in gold compared to this farce.

Are you running the latest Poly firmware 1.0.10? This has a Bluetooth update for some Android phones.

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #5,539 of 19,045
I noticed xduoo are now putting HibyLink in their DAPs too. Chord why not do the same with Poly? It will give Android and iPhone SD card app control of music with minimal effort, no need to maintain your own player app. Please talk to Hiby so that we can all start using our Moly's as intended.

Jan 6, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #5,540 of 19,045
I noticed xduoo are now putting HibyLink in their DAPs too. Chord why not do the same with Poly? It will give Android and iPhone SD card app control of music with minimal effort, no need to maintain your own player app. Please talk to Hiby so that we can all start using our Moly's as intended.

+1!!!!

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #5,541 of 19,045
I am now bowing out.

Jan 6, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #5,543 of 19,045
Hoping for a little guidance... This morning my Poly lost the ability to connect via AirPlay, DLNA, or Audirvana, in either network or hotspot mode. I've tried various apps and all show the same result, nada. :frowning2: My iPhone can connect to the Poly hotspot, and I can view/make changes to the Poly setup web page with no problem.

I've tried re-installing apps; leaving the Poly/Mojo off for a couple of hours; separating the Poly and Mojo; switching between hotspot and network modes; and re-starting the Poly via the web setup page.

The Poly has been updated to 1.0.10 when it was released and has been running fine until this morning.

What else should I try?? Any assistance is graciously accepted!!! :)
I've had this - it seems the Poly can get stuck in bluetooth mode - is the light flashing blue only? I have the phone next to Poly checking for wifi connections and use the pin to enter access mode (use headphone ad you should hear the phrase 'Entering access mode' shortly after the led 'should flash blue/green and I lock the phone onto Poly as soon as it appears. That seems to reset back to network mode for me, it happened a couple of times.

I beieve this is going to be the defauly mode for Poly when the app finally comes out so you can connect via bluetooth to set your connection options, jusy my opinion though.

Jan 6, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #5,544 of 19,045
A new issue has reared it’s ugly head!

Poly will not turn off. It’s happened a few times now.

When I turn Mojo off the P light stays on and will stay on, even when Poly is separated from Mojo. Poly is still visible on the network.

Has anyone experienced this?

Oh, and no... poly is not plugged in or charging! :p

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #5,545 of 19,045

When I turn Mojo off the P light stays on and will stay on, even when Poly is separated from Mojo. Poly is still visible on the network.

This is normal bevaviour, afaik, Matt has this explained a couple of pages back in this thread.

Jan 6, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #5,547 of 19,045

Yes, I've had this a couple of times. The only way I've found of getting out of it (other than leaving Poly to run its battery down) is to reconnect it to Mojo and use the pin to get it into access point mode. You can then reboot it from your phone.

Jan 6, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #5,548 of 19,045
This is normal bevaviour, afaik, Matt has this explained a couple of pages back in this thread.

It’s normal for it to stay fully on for hours after Mojo has been turned off?

Wow, what a feature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back