Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 4, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #5,506 of 18,821
I trust Chord. I love the idea of Poly.

My wife's unit is suspect, at best. The P light does not go out unless we re-connect (sometimes a few times) to the power source. I don't know if the update/app will fix this. To use it on the go, we'd have to bring power connection with us. Even after this, it can take quite a bit of time for Poly to connect.

I don't know how it is in the UK, but for me, I have made two efforts to return it to the dealer. The first, he directed me to mail it to distributor in Colorado, instead. I followed his instructions rather than press him.
The second, this week, he did not respond to the email. I don't think he is a large reseller of Chord. He secured me a free case since I placed the order long ago, but blamed Chord for having to charge me.

If the issue and some others, including connecting to Personal Hotspot when out and about, are outside the realm of update/app, we'd like to still try with Poly but to facilitate a return or exchange, I am going to have to contact Chord directly.

Chord will take care of any/all issues we face.

The hours (and then another week with the shipping) I spent trying to figure out what was wrong could have been saved with a 5 minute phone call, of which I requested. It is interesting to note the dealer's thought on this, from his webpage:

"A note about e-mail: E-mail is a great tool for passing quick messages. However, it is not the most ideal vehicle for making component or system recommendations. This process requires a continuous stream of conversation, a back and forth exchange of questions and answers. Our personal approach to dealing with our clients requires contact in person or by phone. We welcome your email, but please give us a call if you would like our help in product selection or pricing."

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #5,507 of 18,821
Even with potentially faulty or very cold units, in my experience there is no need to wait more than a few seconds. To turn Poly on in these cases, simply plug in the charger or a portable battery recharger and Poly will start immediately.
Ok thanks, i will bring my charger with me next time and see if that speeds it up.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #5,508 of 18,821
They are replacing the Poly.
I am not sure if I like this approach if the Mojo is faulty rather than the Poly.

My dealer can not garantuee that it will work with my defective Mojo, so I can potenially go threw multiple replacement units again.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #5,509 of 18,821
I am not sure if I like this approach if the Mojo is faulty rather than the Poly.

My dealer can not garantuee that it will work with my defective Mojo, so I can potenially go threw multiple replacement units again.
I understand what you are saying. The Mojos are not actually faulty, they just happen to incompatible with the first run of Polys. The instruction manual does say that if it does not come on connect it to a charger but this was no quicker with mine and it still took over half an hour for the Poly to awaken.

You are correct in saying that there is no way of knowing if your units are going to work together, but I suspect that Chord will offer guidance on this very quickly.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #5,510 of 18,821
In the meantime, if you switch network modes or join a different WiFi network after you've been using Glider, then the quickest way to fix any problems will be to delete and re-install the app. It's not a great solution, but it's the only way to solve some of the issues before 1.6.2 is released.

Glider version 1.6.2 is now available in the App Store with many improvements for Poly users, including the display of full resolution artwork (when possible). If you're still seeing blank artwork when using PNG files, a fix for that is coming in 1.6.3 so just let me know if you'd like a beta invite.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #5,511 of 18,821
    I don't know how it is in the UK, but for me, I have made two efforts to return it to the dealer. The first, he directed me to mail it to distributor in Colorado, instead. I followed his instructions rather than press him...

I think we are much luckier in the UK/EU. It is the company that you buy a product from that must replace or fix it, not a distributor or manufacturer. Sometimes there may be an additional manufacturer's warranty that is additional to your statutory rights and for that you may be asked to return the product to to the manufacturer.

I hope you get the issue resolved.

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #5,512 of 18,821
...the display of full resolution artwork. (when possible)

Is there a way to tell if full resolution artwork is imbedded in a song file?

If there isn't any artwork in the file, what is the process for putting there?

Thanks for all your hard work!!

Members should know that he is already starting on betas for 1.6.3; apparently, joe is not one to rest on his laurels!!!

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #5,513 of 18,821
Glider version 1.6.2 is now available in the App Store with many improvements for Poly users, including the display of full resolution artwork (when possible). If you're still seeing blank artwork when using PNG files, a fix for that is coming in 1.6.3 so just let me know if you'd like a beta invite.
Hi joe would it possible for me to have a beta invite
Thanks

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #5,514 of 18,821
Is there a way to tell if full resolution artwork is imbedded in a song file?

If there isn't any artwork in the file, what is the process for putting there?

There are countless apps for reading and writing this type of data, but I personally use a simple and open source editor called Kid3: https://kid3.sourceforge.io. Opening your song files with this editor will show you all of the embedded tags, including the artwork.

Most audio players that I've used (iTunes, Audirvana, etc.) will embed the artwork in each file by default. I'm sure other's here on Head-Fi can recommend a tagging method that's worked for them.

Hi joe would it possible for me to have a beta invite

Sure! Anyone interested in a beta invite can send me a PM with your email and I'll get you set up.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #5,515 of 18,821
There are countless apps for reading and writing this type of data, but I personally use a simple and open source editor called Kid3: https://kid3.sourceforge.io. Opening your song files with this editor will show you all of the embedded tags, including the artwork.

Most audio players that I've used (iTunes, Audirvana, etc.) will embed the artwork in each file by default. I'm sure other's here on Head-Fi can recommend a tagging method that's worked for them.

Sure! Anyone interested in a beta invite can send me a PM with your email and I'll get you set up.

Any chance of an Android version of Glider Joe,?

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #5,517 of 18,821

Hi Joe,

Using the final purchased build of 1.6.2, I have a hard time getting glider to configure my Poly after I've been listening, then turn it off. I turn the Poly and iphone hotspot back on and glider does not recognize any sources. Clicking on the "music offline" banner show MyPolyDLNA (offline) and clicking on the setting to configure sources does not show any. I've tried quitting the app and restarting MojoPoly, but not sure what is the correct protocol in this situation. It seems I have to wait several minutes, like 5 or more. Does glider need a "force rescan" button or something? Not sure this is a glider/DLNA issue or a Poly issue.

Jan 4, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #5,518 of 18,821
Using the final purchased build of 1.6.2, I have a hard time getting glider to configure my Poly after I've been listening, then turn it off. I turn the Poly and iphone hotspot back on and glider does not recognize any sources. Clicking on the "music offline" banner show MyPolyDLNA (offline) and clicking on the setting to configure sources does not show any. I've tried quitting the app and restarting MojoPoly, but not sure what is the correct protocol in this situation. It seems I have to wait several minutes, like 5 or more. Does glider need a "force rescan" button or something? Not sure this is a glider/DLNA issue or a Poly issue.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Glider is actually scanning for new DLNA devices all the time in the background, so unfortunately a force rescan button won't really help in this situation.

@JeremyLaurenson has identified a couple of issues that might be related to what's happening: http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-issues-igmp and http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-issues-ssdp. The first thing I would try is to reboot both the Poly and your phone, and then re-launch Glider.

All that said, there's always the possibility of a bug somewhere in Glider, so if rebooting both devices doesn't work please get in touch so we can look a bit deeper.

Jan 4, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #5,520 of 18,821
Even with potentially faulty or very cold units, in my experience there is no need to wait more than a few seconds. To turn Poly on in these cases, simply plug in the charger or a portable battery recharger and Poly will start immediately.

For the first time my Poly would not turn on when Mojo powered on. Plugging it in for a second resurrected Poly, thanks to your suggestion.

Good grief, Poly!

[edit]: And now Glider will not see Poly. Tried reinstalling Glider as well. Back to the drawer for you, Poly! :frowning2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back