Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 5, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #5,521 of 18,774
I seem to have problems when switching sources

I can play the Sd card using glider perfect works pretty much every time I turn on mojo/poly

If I want to play Tidal using AirPlay I have to reboot mojo, it plays but if I pause a track it looses the AirPlay connection and I have to reboot to carry on

Any suggestions?

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #5,522 of 18,774
I seem to have problems when switching sources

I can play the Sd card using glider perfect works pretty much every time I turn on mojo/poly

If I want to play Tidal using AirPlay I have to reboot mojo, it plays but if I pause a track it looses the AirPlay connection and I have to reboot to carry on

Any suggestions?

Did you try to force kill Glider before starting Tidal? This may free up the DLNA renderer and reset the available airplay devices...

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #5,523 of 18,774
Even with potentially faulty or very cold units, in my experience there is no need to wait more than a few seconds. To turn Poly on in these cases, simply plug in the charger or a portable battery recharger and Poly will start immediately.

I tried this trick today. It didn’t need 30 minutes like yesterday to get it started. Thanks.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #5,524 of 18,774
Using the final purchased build of 1.6.2, I have a hard time getting glider to configure my Poly after I've been listening, then turn it off. I turn the Poly and iphone hotspot back on and glider does not recognize any sources. Clicking on the "music offline" banner show MyPolyDLNA (offline) and clicking on the setting to configure sources does not show any. I've tried quitting the app and restarting MojoPoly, but not sure what is the correct protocol in this situation. It seems I have to wait several minutes, like 5 or more. Does glider need a "force rescan" button or something? Not sure this is a glider/DLNA issue or a Poly issue.

I've had a similar problem before and what I do now is the following:
  • When I finish listening to Poly using Glider over DLNA, I select the output to iPhone in Glider.
  • Force close Glider (double click home and swipe app up).
  • Switch off Poly.
  • Reverse the above sequence when I want to to listen to Poly next time.

Selecting iPhone as the output in Glider takes 10 seconds or so before it 'finds' iPhone and enables it as the output. Doing this routine, Poly and Glider seem to work every time without a hitch - give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #5,525 of 18,774
  • When I finish listening to Poly using Glider over DLNA, I select the output to iPhone in Glider.
  • Switch off Poly.

Selecting iPhone as the output in Glider takes 10 seconds or so before it 'finds' iPhone and enables it as the output. Doing this routine, Poly and Glider seem to work every time without a hitch - give it a go and let us know how you get on.

+1 that is exactly what I do as well... flawless most of the times...

Jan 5, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #5,526 of 18,774
  • Switch off Poly.

Thanks, I will try that when I’m out next. The problem seems worse when on hot spot then on my home network, but that is mostly where I’m using Glider and switching between Tidal. I treat all this finickiness as the price of cutting edge mobile sound, but it still would be nice to have some of these th8ngs addressed, whether through firmware or app software (especially the gapless/beginning of song truncation issue).

And then, there is the sound...so good. I really do wonder if it is that much better than a usb cord...but just can’t bring myself to want to plug one back in to Mojo to find out :)

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #5,527 of 18,774
For the first time my Poly would not turn on when Mojo powered on. Plugging it in for a second resurrected Poly, thanks to your suggestion.

Good grief, Poly!

[edit]: And now Glider will not see Poly. Tried reinstalling Glider as well. Back to the drawer for you, Poly! :frowning2:

Make sure to connect glider early after a poly boot. There is a service that seems to crash on poly later thats used to discover it.

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #5,528 of 18,774
Android users,

If I’m going to make android videos, what player should I use (I don’t want to go down a rathole evaluating them all)

Like others I've had good results with Bubble UPnP, though also like others I do seem to lose the first little bit of each track (with Bubble Mojo seems to assume that the bitrate will change between each track, so flashes red for an instant; I'm guessing that is where the lost bits go). Using Bubble on a tablet or phone I've happily sat listening to high res from Poly's SD card while my wife has been streaming high res files from Poly's SD card on her ipad using Glider. Neither of us have had dropouts. When I connect Poly to my phone's hotspot, which I do when I'm out of range of my home network and sometimes also when I'm in an area where the signal is weak in my house, I have used MPDroid, which does not for me have the problem with the loss of the first milliseconds of each track. I don't quite understand why, but it shows that you can avoid some problems by playing around with different apps. My phone always gives Poly the same IP address which makes MPD clients easy enough to use, since you don't have to put a new IP address in each time. MPDroid though doesn't like it if the IP address it expects to find is not available, and can hang. So lately I've used M.A.L.P. MPD player with success, and I like its interface is a bit more than MPDroid. Again setting up the IP address is a once only action, and it's a bit better than MPDroid because if Poly is not available it won't hang waiting for a connection. The only downside of the android MPD clients I've used is that I haven't managed to get album art to display with either of the ones I've used, which I suspect is to do with them rather than Poly (album art is now fine on Bubble UPNP). This might be a killer for some people. But all in all I think Poly's a great device, and hope that all of those having problems with non-android systems soon have them resolved so they can be as happy as I am.

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #5,529 of 18,774
Make sure to connect glider early after a poly boot. There is a service that seems to crash on poly later thats used to discover it.

Yep, I ensured I was doing that to no avail. I followed your YouTube hotspot video which didn't work either. I also went and started back at "square one" using all of Chord's video tutorials to ensure I was doing things "right". Needless to say I look at the Config Tool Pin with great disdain now. Glider seems to be a no-go. I tried to go back to 8Player but now it's incompatible with my old 4th Gen iPad which cannot upgrade to iOS 11.

So I went over to my Android tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. This worked fine as well pre Poly update to version 1.0.10 or whatever it is. Now, no success either. The closest I got was installing BubbleUPnP and could get Poly recognized as a Renderer. However, I could not get access to the Poly SDcard as a source. I'm not familiar with a Bubble so perhaps I'm missing something or need full unlocked version? Only reason I tried Bubble is Neutron will not see Poly any more.

It was 4 hours spent last night with no success. At one point I was seriously thinking about returning Poly. But if I do that, I'd probably want to get rid of Mojo too. And the expensive case that holds them together. Then I think about the eventual release of the GoFigure app, and more firmware fixes Chord are surely working on, which I don't want to miss out on in the event these do make MojoPoly the AmpDacDap kit it was "promised" to be.

So MojoPoly sits in its designated spot in my drawer of audio stuff until that day comes. Frustrated yet hopeful.

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #5,530 of 18,774
Yep, I ensured I was doing that to no avail. I followed your YouTube hotspot video which didn't work either. I also went and started back at "square one" using all of Chord's video tutorials to ensure I was doing things "right". Needless to say I look at the Config Tool Pin with great disdain now. Glider seems to be a no-go. I tried to go back to 8Player but now it's incompatible with my old 4th Gen iPad which cannot upgrade to iOS 11.

So I went over to my Android tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. This worked fine as well pre Poly update to version 1.0.10 or whatever it is. Now, no success either. The closest I got was installing BubbleUPnP and could get Poly recognized as a Renderer. However, I could not get access to the Poly SDcard as a source. I'm not familiar with a Bubble so perhaps I'm missing something or need full unlocked version? Only reason I tried Bubble is Neutron will not see Poly any more.

It was 4 hours spent last night with no success. At one point I was seriously thinking about returning Poly. But if I do that, I'd probably want to get rid of Mojo too. And the expensive case that holds them together. Then I think about the eventual release of the GoFigure app, and more firmware fixes Chord are surely working on, which I don't want to miss out on in the event these do make MojoPoly the AmpDacDap kit it was "promised" to be.

So MojoPoly sits in its designated spot in my drawer of audio stuff until that day comes. Frustrated yet hopeful.

After the latest Poly firmware there is a bug that, at least for me, makes the Poly only show as a renderer but not a library if I open the Bubble app after powering on Poly. But if I open the Bubble app and keep it open when turning on Poly the library shows up. Also the library always shows up if I connect to Poly via hotspot mode. Maybe worth a try.

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #5,531 of 18,774
  • Switch off Poly.

Yes, this process works. Thanks.

Jan 5, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #5,532 of 18,774
I have used HiFi Cast on a spare Android phone and it's the most robust I've used so far. I was wary of iPhone apps in the short term as I did not know why my iPhone kept switching networks on me and decided to give the Android phone a chance. It was so stable I paid the huge £1.79 to upgrade and avoid the play time nag restriction of the free version.

To be fair to Glider I have used and bought that too, and the latest release seems just as robust on the iPhone when using hot-spot mode or my external wifi/battery unit.

Either would be usable as a mobile solution even if Go Figure just sets the mode (every time it's needed) from the phone instead of the paper clip. Though I am still hoping for the mobile SD music player in one app from Chord as they have promised.

Jan 5, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #5,533 of 18,774
After the latest Poly firmware there is a bug that, at least for me, makes the Poly only show as a renderer but not a library if I open the Bubble app after powering on Poly. But if I open the Bubble app and keep it open when turning on Poly the library shows up. Also the library always shows up if I connect to Poly via hotspot mode. Maybe worth a try.

I believe I tried this but I will try it again. I'll need to also ensure Poly is working correctly in hotspot mode of which I have my doubts based on yesterday's tomfoolery. Thanks for the tip.

Another interesting thing I experienced with Poly is when trying/testing Bluetooth connectivity the pairing prompt often times out within milliseconds before even getting a chance to enter the "0000" in the prompt box on the iPad. It's like a built-in minigame of entering the four digits fast enough before the timer runs out. Amusing indeed!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #5,534 of 18,774
Hoping for a little guidance... This morning my Poly lost the ability to connect via AirPlay, DLNA, or Audirvana, in either network or hotspot mode. I've tried various apps and all show the same result, nada. :frowning2: My iPhone can connect to the Poly hotspot, and I can view/make changes to the Poly setup web page with no problem.

I've tried re-installing apps; leaving the Poly/Mojo off for a couple of hours; separating the Poly and Mojo; switching between hotspot and network modes; and re-starting the Poly via the web setup page.

The Poly has been updated to 1.0.10 when it was released and has been running fine until this morning.

What else should I try?? Any assistance is graciously accepted!!! :)

Jan 5, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #5,535 of 18,774

What else should I try?? ...

I'll suggest what I am doing now: Just find a comfy chair in a dim corner of your room and cry.

Be assured you are not alone. Your Poly symptoms are similar to mine and many others. All gone to hell after the 1.0.10 update it seems. Mind you some Poly users have had success so ymmv. After the cry you could try rebooting your router/Wi-Fi system. It didn't work for me and my Wi-Fi is a robust set up that runs flawlessly with 30+ other connected devices in the house yet others reported that helped their situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back