Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 6, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #5,551 of 18,821
When this is happening, does that means we can connect Poly to DAC's other than Mojo?

Possibly- it was visible as a DNLA player on my TV (whilst being disconnected from both the Mojo and the charging cable).

This behaviour only happens very occasionally though so I wouldn’t rely on it.

If this is indeed ‘expected behaviour’ I would have thought it would happen every time not randomly.

Jan 6, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #5,552 of 18,821
Hi. Just double check that you Poly hasn’t got set to Roon mode as this will disable DLNA and Airplay.

I abashedly admit that I smirked when I read this. Of course it's not in Roon Mode; I never use Roon! Matt must think that I'm a real noob!!! Okay, I just do a quick double-check to rule that out so we can find the real root cause of my very troubling and complex issue.

Lo and behold, it was in Roon Mode. Matt is absolutely right -- I am a real NOOB!! Thanks, Matt :)

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #5,553 of 18,821
A new problem with Poly. I admit it's all my fault. I got on the airplane, settled into my seat , took out Poly and reached into the pocket in my backpack where I had placed my Poly Pin. It was MIA. I couldn't find it anywhere. That of course meant I couldn't launch my Poly hotspot so I couldn't listen to Poly/Mojo on the flight. I can't use my iPhone hotspot because to use it the LTE features must be on and that is of course not allowed on flights in the US. So I just plugged my Sony 1000Mk2 noise cancelling headphones to my iPhone and listened to music that way. Not as pleasant as Poly/Mojo but better than nothing. Why doesn't Poly have a switch or a button instead of a silly little hole in which one inserts a pin? I also discovered that not all paperclips fit, some are to large diameter. All part of living with Poly I suppose.

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #5,554 of 18,821
I abashedly admit that I smirked when I read this. Of course it's not in Roon Mode; I never use Roon! Matt must think that I'm a real noob!!! Okay, I just do a quick double-check to rule that out so we can find the real root cause of my very troubling and complex issue.

Lo and behold, it was in Roon Mode. Matt is absolutely right -- I am a real NOOB!! Thanks, Matt :)

sweet jesus

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #5,555 of 18,821
A new problem with Poly. I admit it's all my fault. I got on the airplane, settled into my seat , took out Poly and reached into the pocket in my backpack where I had placed my Poly Pin. It was MIA. I couldn't find it anywhere. That of course meant I couldn't launch my Poly hotspot so I couldn't listen to Poly/Mojo on the flight. I can't use my iPhone hotspot because to use it the LTE features must be on and that is of course not allowed on flights in the US. So I just plugged my Sony 1000Mk2 noise cancelling headphones to my iPhone and listened to music that way. Not as pleasant as Poly/Mojo but better than nothing. Why doesn't Poly have a switch or a button instead of a silly little hole in which one inserts a pin? I also discovered that not all paperclips fit, some are to large diameter. All part of living with Poly I suppose.

put it on your keyring. if you've lost your keys you have more problems than putting Poly into config mode.

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #5,557 of 18,821

I've lost it several times. It is very frustrating. It is tiny and my eyes aren't what they once were. I hope to hear announcement about app that will make the pin unnecessary.

Jan 6, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #5,558 of 18,821
I've lost it several times. It is very frustrating. It is tiny and my eyes aren't what they once were. I hope to hear announcement about app that will make the pin unnecessary.

+1...I use Roon at home so I need to change the settings every time I go out and take my music with me. I have 3 pins in various locations in the house and still manage to lose them and spend a crazy amount of time trying to find one so I can have some music on my walk. Of course I have about 5-10 minutes to look while it turns on! Please GoFigure arrive soon for my Android device!!!

In spite of the growing pains I am really enjoying the Poly. I get the great sound of the Mojo everywhere I go either from my SD card. or Tidal offline files; I can listen to Roon anywhere in the house or in the yard, and an added bonus is the ability to watch TV with my headphones using the bluetooth feature so I don't disturb my wife when watching shows she's not interested in. I'm really starting to get the versatility of this little box...:)

Jan 6, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #5,559 of 18,821
Any guesses on what Chord's "big reveal" at CES 2018 is going to be on Tuesday? https://www.facebook.com/chordelect...3209.110747222358641/1241901409243211/?type=3

I'm going to take a stab and say it'll be a streaming module for Hugo2. In which case I have the horrible feeling that we have all been crash-test dummies for Chord's real-world beta-development of a streaming module. At least it might mean that Hugo2 owners will have a fully-functioning product at launch? I'll wager the 'GoFigure' app will work across both devices...eventually.

The lack of any concrete/transparent update on the app progress is now beyond frustrating. I can't go through a single album without at least two total drop-outs over DLNA (using both mobile hot-spot/home wifi), requiring a total BubbleUPnP reboot - hardly an "on the go" way to enjoy music.

@Matt Bartlett - are you able to give us a status of progress with both App Store and Play store? Would be a huge relief to many of your customers here. Appreciate the ongoing help and support.

Cheers

Jan 6, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #5,560 of 18,821
Jan 6, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #5,564 of 18,821

CES announcement? I would guess an additional micro or full size SD cardslot, an on/off switch, and maybe some control buttons. Probably also a “desktop mode”to match Hugo2. H2 already has Bluetooth, but 2Go will maybe have it also, to allow for control remotely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back