1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382
Next

Last
  1. Mojo ideas
    When the Gofigure app is released shortly every one can loose their configuration pins as they won’t be needed. I always hated that damned pin!
    The time line for the App is We expect the release to us at Chord is later this coming week along with a further operating system up date We will select a few of you people and a few others for final sign off beta if nothing untoward shows will will release very shortly after. Further information will be forth coming.

2. jirams
    It's not dead. It's just resting.

JeremyLaurenson likes this.
  3. supervisor
    no sir--this is an ex-Poly!

Redtigga likes this.
  4. miketlse
    It has ceased to be!

Redtigga and rwelles like this.
  5. jirams
    It was nailed to its perch but the PIN fell out!

Redtigga likes this.
  6. headmanPL
    I have been enjoying the Poly, streaming using the hotspot and the Sony Music player.
    Really love Radioplayer over Bluetooth. It sounds very good.
    Today though I sat down for a listening session and felt something move inside Poly. Something substantial has come loose as there is a slide and thunk when I move the device.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    It is working fine, but I imagine it'll have to go back as surely everything should be secure inside.

7. miketlse
    It is just PINNING for the fjords.

8. Andreeas1978
    If you look at my pictures of Poly, totally disassembled, there are exactly 3 parts inside. Light ''tube'' (eventually light rattle and no light at the P status hole if loose), mainboard (secured in place by 2 screws and case fitting (no way it can rattle) and battery, glue or smth mounted on the upper part of the case. I can bet is your battery that moves inside. It cannot do any damage, but I would never keep it loose for the safety of wires, small parts soldered to the mainboard and battery connector. Officially I do not recommend this, but unofficially...just take a damn screw driver (proper one), open the case and put your battery back in it`s place, eventually glue or double adhesive tape it better in it`s place! It`s no rocket science! 4 or 5 screws and that`s all! I even modded mine with optical fiber for a proper light transmission and not having those empty holes in the case. Possible issues...a little fiddling when placing back the light tube (only if you go under the mainboard) and don`t pull hard on the case parts not to rip the battery wires apart(not likely, the connector would snap out of place instead, easy to put back) Take a look at my pictures back in this thread. The choice is yours, though! I take no responsibility for any damage done in the process. I totally don`t agree with sending back a unit, procedures, wait time and all for a ..non-problem like this or the light tube displaced one. Pry open the case with a plastic part, don`t pull, not metal, I usually flat sharpen the end of a toothbrush for that, but remember, YOUR CHOICE!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  9. Andreeas1978
    Could it be the battery connector inside? Totally dead is strange, a dying battery shows signs of comma or smth.. The connector is kinda springy and micro sized. Look at my pictures pls, it might had snapped out of place, any drops or other mechanical interventions that you can remember?

10. miketlse
    A link to your pictures could prove useful for @headmanPL or other posters.

11. Andreeas1978
    Or if some part is burned...that`s really bad!

12. Andreeas1978
    it`s somewhere in this thread, many pages back...can`t remember where, maybe in the start of the thread it shows all the pictures contained...or if you look on my profile...I will try to help, but now I am totally late for a meeting and it would be impossible to do it...

13. mashuto
    That sounds great. I don't mean to be a pain though, but thats going to be iOS only though right? When can us android users expect some love? I mean are we talking weeks here or months?

14. miketlse
    Here are the pictures of the open-case Poly. There are not many things that could come loose, under 'normal' circumstances.

yurivv and Peter Hyatt like this.
  15. supervisor
    no drops or any other traumatic events to speak of. went to bed listening to Poly Friday night (to Gregg Kowalksy's "L'Orange L'Orange"), and Saturday morning I was making funeral arrangements. I don't know what I'm too look for re: battery connection (am I to unscrew this thing? I'm a lawyer; not good with my hands), however, my model is one of the ones that needs replacing anyway, as it previously had the power-on problem.

I've already written Chord through the proper channels to see what they suggest--I don't expect to be waited on hand and foot here on a Sunday.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Peter Hyatt likes this.
First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382
Next

Last