Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #5,087 of 18,889
Dec 22, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #5,088 of 18,889
Hi all,
The next firmware update is ready to go.
As before switch off your Poly so P status light goes out.
The switch back on and wait for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes turn off Poly.
Wait for P status light to go out.
Turn Poly back on and wait 10 minutes,
Poly will then be ready to use on firmware version 1.0.10.

Details of the update are shown below:

1. Cover Art fix:
  • Delete all the files.db files from your SD card
  • Delete the Cover Art folder if one exists on the SD Card - ( art_cache if it exists )
  • Upon insertion of the SD card Poly will check the database, if one does not exist then it will create it. The P status LED will cycle colours whilst it scans.
DLNA M4A file ( Apple Lossless ) playback added
MPD M4A file playback added

1. DLNA / MPD Database creation / update indication
    • If a new SD Card is inserted Poly will scan the files on the card and create both the MPD and DLNA databases and Album Art Cache. Note that the Album Art cache can become very large when there are many songs on the SD Card.
    • Upon Insertion of the SD Card Poly will check to see if there have been any changes to the card, if so the databases and Art Cache will be re-created
    • If an SD Card with insufficient space to store the Databases and Art Cache is inserted into Poly, Poly will re-create the databases each time the card is inserted. Art Cache may or may not be available depending upon the size of the cache created.

1. DLNA / MPD Database / Art Cache creation Indicator
    • When Poly is creating or updating either the DLNA / MPD Database or Art Cache the P Status LED will cycle through Red, Green Blue till the task has been completed.

1. Charger LED
  • Ensure that MOJO is switched off
  • Connect a charger to Poly.
  • Poly determines the state of the battery and decides on what charge type to perform.
  • If the battery is full, it will still take Poly 45 minutes to display a Blue P Status light as Poly enters a battery top off trickle charge cycle.
  • Upon completion of the trickle charge the LED will turn Blue indicating that the battery is fully charged.

1. Roon Operation in Hotspot mode

1. Bluetooth
  • Verified operation on Android

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #5,090 of 18,889
Hi all,
The next firmware update is ready to go.
As before switch off your Poly so P status light goes out.
The switch back on and wait for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes turn off Poly.
Wait for P status light to go out.
Turn Poly back on and wait 10 minutes,
Poly will then be ready to use on firmware version 1.0.10.

Details of the update are shown below:

1. Cover Art fix:
  • Delete all the files.db files from your SD card
  • Delete the Cover Art folder if one exists on the SD Card - ( art_cache if it exists )
  • Upon insertion of the SD card Poly will check the database, if one does not exist then it will create it. The P status LED will cycle colours whilst it scans.
DLNA M4A file ( Apple Lossless ) playback added
MPD M4A file playback added

1. DLNA / MPD Database creation / update indication
    • If a new SD Card is inserted Poly will scan the files on the card and create both the MPD and DLNA databases and Album Art Cache. Note that the Album Art cache can become very large when there are many songs on the SD Card.
    • Upon Insertion of the SD Card Poly will check to see if there have been any changes to the card, if so the databases and Art Cache will be re-created
    • If an SD Card with insufficient space to store the Databases and Art Cache is inserted into Poly, Poly will re-create the databases each time the card is inserted. Art Cache may or may not be available depending upon the size of the cache created.

1. DLNA / MPD Database / Art Cache creation Indicator
    • When Poly is creating or updating either the DLNA / MPD Database or Art Cache the P Status LED will cycle through Red, Green Blue till the task has been completed.

1. Charger LED
  • Ensure that MOJO is switched off
  • Connect a charger to Poly.
  • Poly determines the state of the battery and decides on what charge type to perform.
  • If the battery is full, it will still take Poly 45 minutes to display a Blue P Status light as Poly enters a battery top off trickle charge cycle.
  • Upon completion of the trickle charge the LED will turn Blue indicating that the battery is fully charged.

1. Roon Operation in Hotspot mode

1. Bluetooth
  • Verified operation on Android
A plan to update https://chordelectronics.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Poly-User-Manual-English.pdf ? So a jump from 1.0.6 to 1.0.10. But at what version will the GoFigure be integrated and released? That still seems to be the big remaining question

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #5,091 of 18,889
Dec 22, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #5,093 of 18,889
updated to 1.0.10;

Deleted SD Card db's first, let Poly scan, took a while

thought it was working with Glider, well it was, it sync's

Have to keep quitting Glider and go back in to see Poly (doesn't work all the time), browse albums, and Poly drops.

8Player, isnt any better than before, keeps dropping, get a track playing, then listen for 30-45 seconds, try to skip a track and I lose connection, and 8player locks up

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #5,095 of 18,889
I even have it back on its own dedicated 2g WLAN, no better

it will start playing and keep playing when disconnected from an app, which I guess is OK if you want the whole album :)

Anyway,

Hope everyone has a Great Holiday!!

Spoke too soon, it just stopped on me, no app connected, but still on the LAN

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #5,096 of 18,889
Just in time for Christmas.... my Poly doesn't work at all on my home network anymore.

I deleted the databases from the card and also removed and reinstalled glider to get clean album art.

Glider doesn't find anything - same network, same Access Point:

IMG_B1BE30D9433D-1.jpeg
Rebooted iPhone X, rebooted Poly.

Ran glider again.
Nothing.

In Poly Hotspot mode, fresh install of glider it works, but no network mode for me.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #5,099 of 18,889
On my meraki gear the Poly shows up as advertising it can do 5Ghz:
04A5E5E1-9AC9-4311-8415-9C475141C3B7.jpeg

Whereas I know this is not the case for all Polys:

E9C7BCAC-0731-4082-8773-2A75C01D4585.jpeg

I will have to run all my tests again to see what is going on with mine, and presumably a lot of yours.

I am now suspicious of the actual radio firmware @Matt Bartlett

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #5,100 of 18,889
How is it possible to take all this time preparing a firmware fix for a device that the company claims works well for most users and still have problems like these? Is it a hardware problem?

It must not be everyone that has the problem, as I'm successfully using Glider on my network. After deleting the 256gb SD card database, upgrading, and inserting the SD card, I got the flashing light show for about 10 min (8000 songs in ALAC). Started up Glider and it synced up. Now playing with artwork on the network and no glitches or stoppages (yet)!

8Playeer works too, with artwork!

Question on Glider though: I only get MyPoly showing up as an output device. Should I also get MyPoly DLNA? Does this mean I am using airplay and not DLNA? On 8Player it shows up under DLNA servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back