Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 22, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #5,101 of 19,085
It hard for me to understand why not everyone has a problem or doesn't have it. I guess it's complicated.

Yes you should see Poly as a DLNA device in Glider. At least that's how it shows up for me.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #5,102 of 19,085
It must not be everyone that has the problem, as I'm successfully using Glider on my network. After deleting the 256gb SD card database, upgrading, and inserting the SD card, I got the flashing light show for about 10 min (8000 songs in ALAC). Started up Glider and it synced up. Now playing with artwork on the network and no glitches or stoppages (yet)!

8Playeer works too, with artwork!

Question on Glider though: I only get MyPoly showing up as an output device. Should I also get MyPoly DLNA? Does this mean I am using airplay and not DLNA? On 8Player it shows up under DLNA servers.
Certainly if I switch to an Apple WiFi router it “fixes” my issue, but I’m not about to can my multi-access point network for a single 2.4Ghz misbehaving device

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #5,105 of 19,085
Also, in glider, you have two entries for source: YourPoly and Your Poly DLNA?

By default, you should see 'YourPoly DLNA' in the main list and 'YourPoly' when you select 'More Devices..' from the main list.

The one exception to this is if you've previously selected an AirPlay device (from Glider or elsewhere), then Glider will show that device name in the main output list since it's the current iOS audio output. So in this scenario you could see both 'YourPoly' and 'YourPoly DLNA' in the main output list.

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #5,106 of 19,085
The new firmware seems work to fine for me. Sorry to those still having troubles.

Glider is still showing the artwork after a couple of rounds of opening and closing. Still got gaps between tracks, so hopefully that is on the list of things to fix for the next firmware.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #5,107 of 19,085
Upgrade to 1.0.10 went fine.

Poly is not detected by Glider now. I cycled through the Cofig settings ensuring AirPlay/DLNA/MPD is selected. Not sure what went wrong, me or firmware?

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #5,109 of 19,085
I try not to be ungrateful. Expecting GoFigure was too much to ask. Don't hold your breath until Christmas waiting for it.
If it's printed in the manual, then I expect it to be a reality and not false advertising.

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #5,112 of 19,085
Hi all,
The next firmware update is ready to go.
As before switch off your Poly so P status light goes out.
The switch back on and wait for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes turn off Poly.
Wait for P status light to go out.
Turn Poly back on and wait 10 minutes,
Poly will then be ready to use on firmware version 1.0.10.

Details of the update are shown below:

1. Cover Art fix:
  • Delete all the files.db files from your SD card
  • Delete the Cover Art folder if one exists on the SD Card - ( art_cache if it exists )
  • Upon insertion of the SD card Poly will check the database, if one does not exist then it will create it. The P status LED will cycle colours whilst it scans.
DLNA M4A file ( Apple Lossless ) playback added
MPD M4A file playback added

1. DLNA / MPD Database creation / update indication
    • If a new SD Card is inserted Poly will scan the files on the card and create both the MPD and DLNA databases and Album Art Cache. Note that the Album Art cache can become very large when there are many songs on the SD Card.
    • Upon Insertion of the SD Card Poly will check to see if there have been any changes to the card, if so the databases and Art Cache will be re-created
    • If an SD Card with insufficient space to store the Databases and Art Cache is inserted into Poly, Poly will re-create the databases each time the card is inserted. Art Cache may or may not be available depending upon the size of the cache created.

1. DLNA / MPD Database / Art Cache creation Indicator
    • When Poly is creating or updating either the DLNA / MPD Database or Art Cache the P Status LED will cycle through Red, Green Blue till the task has been completed.

1. Charger LED
  • Ensure that MOJO is switched off
  • Connect a charger to Poly.
  • Poly determines the state of the battery and decides on what charge type to perform.
  • If the battery is full, it will still take Poly 45 minutes to display a Blue P Status light as Poly enters a battery top off trickle charge cycle.
  • Upon completion of the trickle charge the LED will turn Blue indicating that the battery is fully charged.

1. Roon Operation in Hotspot mode

1. Bluetooth
  • Verified operation on Android
Hi all,
The next firmware update is ready to go.
As before switch off your Poly so P status light goes out.
The switch back on and wait for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes turn off Poly.
Wait for P status light to go out.
Turn Poly back on and wait 10 minutes,
Poly will then be ready to use on firmware version 1.0.10.

Details of the update are shown below:

1. Cover Art fix:
  • Delete all the files.db files from your SD card
  • Delete the Cover Art folder if one exists on the SD Card - ( art_cache if it exists )
  • Upon insertion of the SD card Poly will check the database, if one does not exist then it will create it. The P status LED will cycle colours whilst it scans.
DLNA M4A file ( Apple Lossless ) playback added
MPD M4A file playback added

1. DLNA / MPD Database creation / update indication
    • If a new SD Card is inserted Poly will scan the files on the card and create both the MPD and DLNA databases and Album Art Cache. Note that the Album Art cache can become very large when there are many songs on the SD Card.
    • Upon Insertion of the SD Card Poly will check to see if there have been any changes to the card, if so the databases and Art Cache will be re-created
    • If an SD Card with insufficient space to store the Databases and Art Cache is inserted into Poly, Poly will re-create the databases each time the card is inserted. Art Cache may or may not be available depending upon the size of the cache created.

1. DLNA / MPD Database / Art Cache creation Indicator
    • When Poly is creating or updating either the DLNA / MPD Database or Art Cache the P Status LED will cycle through Red, Green Blue till the task has been completed.

1. Charger LED
  • Ensure that MOJO is switched off
  • Connect a charger to Poly.
  • Poly determines the state of the battery and decides on what charge type to perform.
  • If the battery is full, it will still take Poly 45 minutes to display a Blue P Status light as Poly enters a battery top off trickle charge cycle.
  • Upon completion of the trickle charge the LED will turn Blue indicating that the battery is fully charged.

1. Roon Operation in Hotspot mode

1. Bluetooth
  • Verified operation on Android

Thanks Matt and Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

One question: Is MPD playback of ALAC files supposed to work now? MPDluxe does not play back any of my files from the SD card. I hit 'play' and the play arrow briefly turns to the 'pause' icon, but then goes back to 'play' and nothing plays.

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #5,113 of 19,085
Successful update to 1.0.10 here. Using the latest beta version of Glider (1.6.2.21) I am having much better results with loading artwork. They are still low res though. I believe this has been confirmed to be an issue on the Poly side? Is that on the list for future firmware updates, Matt?

Just completed a 2 hour session streaming off the SD card with Poly in hotspot mode and had no dropouts whatsoever. Very sorry for those having problems but Poly continues to perform very well for me in my 3 use cases - SD card playback, Roon endpoint mode, and TIDAL streaming via AirPlay. All of these modes (except Roon endpoint where I have to connect to my main WiFi network) work best for me with Poly in hotspot mode using the hybrid mode posted in this thread.

Happy Holidays all!

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #5,115 of 19,085
All, I did some digging, and a few things:

DLNA is a protocol for servers, clients and the like to communicate. Each implementation supports certain pieces of the Spec that may be optional, or may interpret things slightly differently. Hence all the madness and @Mojo ideas reference to supporting anything on the planet.

The software guys did make updates to the DLNA code by bringing it up to the very latest V1.2.1 and also changed the name from the generally available MiniDLNA to PolyDLNA, presumably because they have customized it, so lots of work there and obviously on the database and album art cache.

The result of the name change, however, is that folks like 8player/Glider may have to re-code their apps to now recognize PolyDLNA and apply their special treatment to that name
Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 6.45.11 PM.png
... so I suspect things will get better after an update to those apps.

I certainly see improvements underneath, but we need to give it another round of updates for the Apps now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back