Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 21, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #5,056 of 19,085
Is your phone an iPhone? You need to figure out how to connect to its hotspot, as this is the most reliable connection at this point, or connect phone to Polys hotspot, which will work best for accessing the SD card.

The update will supposedly fix the power on issues. Taking MojoPoly apart while on and reconnecting is a reliable way to get Poly to power on.

Thank you.

The need to take poly apart from Mojo: is this something addressed in the update?

Also, any update on the update? I am not certain if Santa arrives in time for update or for app, or for both.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #5,059 of 19,085
is there a video on poly to hot spot iPhone without the hybrid? (just the initial simpler one)

turn on "Personal Hotspot" in iPhone settings (it's one of the first options)

the SSID will be your phone's name and you set a password in the PH settings on the phone.

once activated, add it as another wi-fi network in Poly configuration and it should connect automatically.

then you choose it as the audio out of the phone (reachable within whatever app you are in or from the control center--choose "poly" or whatever you named your Poly)

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #5,060 of 19,085
I heard from Mitch at Chord support this morning: "We are working on releasing the next update before Christmas." No word on the app.

I do enjoy using my Apple Watch to control Poly playback. I was having some issues when using Glider. After working with @joe28 on betas for 1.6.2, it works flawlessly for me now!! If you are having issues with your fruit watch, you might want to pm Joe to get in on the beta. I'm not sure when they will release GR. They might want to wait until the next firmware update, esp. if it's really this close to release.

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #5,061 of 19,085
Apple have finally admitted that they updated the OS to reduce the performance of the older phones slightly, in order to reduce the rate at which the older batteries decline. http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42438745
No mention of which parts of the OS get temporarily slowed down.
It is probably a very very long shot, but it does raise the question of whether any of the temporary performance reductions, impact the ability to maintain a continuous network connection.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #5,062 of 19,085
It would seen very unlikely. I'm using an iPhone X, and I'm still having problems maintaining Poly connection when switching WAPs. I had already asked Mitch about this, and he said, "We are working on this and hopefully will have some progress soon."

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #5,063 of 19,085
I haven't experienced this myself, but I'd be happy to try and duplicate it to see if there's anything I can do on the Glider side. Do you get the same result with other DLNA apps, or just Glider? What file type(s) are you streaming?

This only happens if "NAME Poly DLNA" is selected under output options. I personally like this one since it is lag free. However the start of the song can be a bit messed up sometimes.

When using the regular "NAME Poly" as output, then the start of songs is fine. But then there is also noticeable lag (which is why I try to avoid this output setting).

The files that I used are regular FLAC files. I didn't experience this with other apps since they only had the "NAME Poly" output settings which also gives no problems with Glider.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #5,065 of 19,085
This only happens if "NAME Poly DLNA" is selected under output options. I personally like this one since it is lag free. However the start of the song can be a bit messed up sometimes.

When using the regular "NAME Poly" as output, then the start of songs is fine. But then there is also noticeable lag (which is why I try to avoid this output setting).

@rwelles is correct - the non-DLNA version is using AirPlay.

The files that I used are regular FLAC files. I didn't experience this with other apps since they only had the "NAME Poly" output settings which also gives no problems with Glider.

Other apps will not show the DLNA output as "Poly Name DLNA", as Glider does this specifically for Poly users to help them distinguish between AirPlay and DLNA outputs. You should look for something like 'Chord Poly: Poly [Renderer]' instead.

Also keep in mind that some DLNA apps (8Player included) will never discover any DLNA devices if another app is already bound to the SSDP discovery port. Glider doesn't have this limitation, but if you're trying to test with other apps make sure you force quit Glider and all other DLNA apps first (or restart your phone to be sure).

Dec 21, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #5,067 of 19,085

Other apps will not show the DLNA output as "Poly Name DLNA", as Glider does this specifically for Poly users to help them distinguish between AirPlay and DLNA outputs. You should look for something like 'Chord Poly: Poly [Renderer]' instead.

Also keep in mind that some DLNA apps (8Player included) will never discover any DLNA devices if another app is already bound to the SSDP discovery port. Glider doesn't have this limitation, but if you're trying to test with other apps make sure you force quit Glider and all other DLNA apps first (or restart your phone to be sure).

I tried the [Renderer] with 8Player and it has the exact same issue as Glider. So it seems that my Poly is messed up then.

Many thanks for the help by the way.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #5,068 of 19,085
Roon mode - just keeps dropping out. I’ve got 20 mgbs on the WiFi so surely it can’t be that. Oh well at least I haven’t had to pay for Roon

Update :.Roon plays flawlessly to my iPhone. Ball in your court, Chord

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #5,069 of 19,085
Roon mode - just keeps dropping out. I’ve got 20 mgbs on the WiFi so surely it can’t be that. Oh well at least I haven’t had to pay for Roon

Update :.Roon plays flawlessly to my iPhone. Ball in your court, Chord

Does Roon see the iPhone as a Roon endpoint or an airplay device? Do you get a difference using Poly as Roon endpoint vs as an Airplay output?

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #5,070 of 19,085

I only activate the SD card server, do you mean poly still will airplay to itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back