Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 21, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #5,042 of 19,125
Please, you mean a "config tool" LOL

My Poly works predictably only in Poly hotspot mode with Glider but thats enough for now for me to keep it, with the expectation that the other issues will be fixed at some point. I'm not holding my breath while I wait though.

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #5,043 of 19,125
It is when using SD player. If it is coming from the Mojo, then I suppose Glider can so nothing to fix it.

I just looked to see if JRiver works on Android but it doesn't.

There must be a fix for it within some software. Just insert a bit of silence and let the Mojo play for a second of that silence first. (Knowing that the music coming is at whatever sampling frequency.)

Since I have read a lot of this Poly thread, I would have thought I read about this before. Meaning people surely must have found a fix.

For me I think this is a deal breaker otherwise. Losing that first half second of music was quite upsetting for me on USB to my computer. Until I went with JRiver that was, after the advice in the Official Mojo Thread.

However having said that, I think Chord DACs (and other DACs) and manually setting hardware sync is better. I think it's my preferred method of synchronisation. My Meridian Explorer that pauses to snyc, just drops out for half a second sometimes while music is plays. I presume when music hitches or whatever.

Thank you very much for replying anyway. I will keep following the Poly thread to see if anyone can post the answer.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #5,044 of 19,125
I hope Santa doesn't disappoint you on Christmas day. Sadly I think you may have a better chance if you wish for a new supercar, how about a new McLaren 650S :)
All I know is that I’ve got my fingers crossed and Santa rarely disappoints The software elves are very nearly ready to put their pointy shoes on the table and sup on an eggnog or two.

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #5,045 of 19,125
All I know is that I’ve got my fingers crossed and Santa rarely disappoints The software elves are very nearly ready to put their pointy shoes on the table and sup on an eggnog or two.

Sounds positive John, thanks for the albeit cryptic update, looking forward to the unwrapping the App and my very own Chord Poly on Christmas day. :)

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #5,046 of 19,125
Speaking of which, how is everyones experience with battery life of the poly? I find the battery on the poly is draining faster than the mojo, which shouldnt be the case as the mojo is advertised at what 8 hours while the poly is advertised at 10? I wonder if its maybe the way poly handles full charge that instead of switching over to trickle charge it seemingly powers the thing on (is it always fully powered while charging?). Or maybe its because i stream over bluetooth a lot?

I am finding the same - my Poly is down on red whilst Mojo is still on green. I have just separated them and charged them both individually rather than connected as one unit in order to see whether that makes a difference. Also noticed that my Poly charge indicator light stays lit white and gives no indication of being fully charged, but I thought that it was now supposed to indicate a full charge after fw update.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #5,047 of 19,125
I am finding the same - my Poly is down on red whilst Mojo is still on green. I have just separated them and charged them both individually rather than connected as one unit in order to see whether that makes a difference. Also noticed that my Poly charge indicator light stays lit white and gives no indication of being fully charged, but I thought that it was now supposed to indicate a full charge after fw update.

Hmm, my battery disparity is never that bad between the two, but poly goes green and yellow before mojo does. The charging indicators are a bit of a mystery especially with the power state of the poly. I think before the firmware update, the light would be white to indicate charging, then switch over to blue or blue/green as the poly would then turn on and stop charging. And I think some people in here complained that leaving the poly connected to power (like overnight) would then drain the polys battery as it would essentially be powered on and running, but no longer charging (not even trickle charge). After the firmware update though they changed the behavior (at least of the light) so that its always white now while plugged in. What I dont know is whether the actual behavior of charging has changed or whether it still powers on and drains the battery after it has finished charging up, we just now have a white light still on.

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #5,048 of 19,125
Hi Joe28,

I assume you are aware that the first seconds of a song is not processed correctly by the Poly SD player? It sounds almost like the start of a song is skipped.

If so, will this be fixed in the next or future update? This is with 1.6.1 version (not the beta)

Or is this something to do with the Poly rather than Glider?

I haven't experienced this myself, but I'd be happy to try and duplicate it to see if there's anything I can do on the Glider side. Do you get the same result with other DLNA apps, or just Glider? What file type(s) are you streaming?

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #5,049 of 19,125
Since my only use for mojopoly is portable and with streaming services, I frequently have opportunities to charge it in the car while using. I made it thru a 20+ hr delivery route, with infrequent 10-15min charges and the poly was still close to half battery at the end of that day :)

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #5,050 of 19,125
Hmm, my battery disparity is never that bad between the two, but poly goes green and yellow before mojo does. The charging indicators are a bit of a mystery especially with the power state of the poly. I think before the firmware update, the light would be white to indicate charging, then switch over to blue or blue/green as the poly would then turn on and stop charging. And I think some people in here complained that leaving the poly connected to power (like overnight) would then drain the polys battery as it would essentially be powered on and running, but no longer charging (not even trickle charge). After the firmware update though they changed the behavior (at least of the light) so that its always white now while plugged in. What I dont know is whether the actual behavior of charging has changed or whether it still powers on and drains the battery after it has finished charging up, we just now have a white light still on.

I understood it that the Poly is constantly on when charging. Check your network and you will see that it’s connected. I questioned this as being a negative point for charging but Matt confirmed that power draw in this state is minimal.

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #5,051 of 19,125
I understood it that the Poly is constantly on when charging. Check your network and you will see that it’s connected. I questioned this as being a negative point for charging but Matt confirmed that power draw in this state is minimal.

Yea, that doesnt sound like a positive to me either, just sounds like it would slow down the charging. And who knows how its allocating power between itself and the mojo when its charging both. The mojo is at least easy to determine when its charged, the light goes out, and it goes into trickle charge mode. But the poly, who knows what the status is at that point, has it fully charged? Was it waiting until the mojo was finished to charge itself? Maybe thats why the poly drains quicker, because it didnt full charge up last time?

What happens when the poly hits full power? The light stays on, which could be confusing... though maybe less confusing that it simply looking like its powered on... but does it go into some kind of trickle charge mode or does it just stay powered on and draining (again, as seemed to be the case for some other users here previously).

Either way, I am glad it sounds like its not an actual power issue, but more likely just that the poly charges differently than I might expect, but again, hard to tell from the indicators exactly what is happening.

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #5,052 of 19,125
I hope Santa doesn't disappoint you on Christmas day. Sadly I think you may have a better chance if you wish for a new supercar, how about a new McLaren 650S :)
Driving by the Lamborghini dealership the other day I spotted a white one with a big red bow wrapped around in the showroom. I think it's for me. :)

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #5,053 of 19,125
So- in a follow up on my earlier post, I used Mojopoly to test drive my new Focal Clears (they sound awesome, by the way).
I had decided not to touch Poly until the new update and/or app is out but ended up booting it up due to my iPhone X's lack of a headphone jack. I had no adapter handy.

Using a personal hotspot/Poly's own hotspot had pretty much the same result:
1) Airplay via Spotify/Tidal- reliable with some hiccups here and there
2) Glider: Poly sometimes not connecting properly (potentially an issue with airplay/DLNA switching), music cutting out, no sound even though music is running on Glider
3) 8Player: same as 2) +some sound distortion

It was quite a disappointing experience, especially considering that only a week ago Poly's own hotspot mode was pretty much flawless.
I sure hope that the software elves will come up with some magic in time for Christmas!!

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #5,054 of 19,125
A few hours in hospital waiting room yesterday and a nighttime hockey game: no poly relief. We did, however, bring the one cord that still works with Poly.

We could not access hot spot, but another problem arose: Each time I turned poly on, the battery light was blue, but the top light did not come on. It brought Mojo through the color changes, but did not flash to look for a network. I turned it off, waited, on, waited, repeat, for about a half hour, before throwing in the towel. With no light flashing, there is no response to the pin.

When I got home, I finally got it to search for local wifi by chance: this time, by disconnecting poly from mojo while powered on.

I've had some times where poly took a long time to search for wifi, but it always did. This time was different.

Is this something the update will address?

Originally, I attempted to return poly, concerned about waiting too long, but the dealer instructed me to ship it out. I did not persist in the return. I don't know if this is my wife's unit issue, or an update fix issue, or if there is a time frame for return.

I am rooting for Poly, and would love to either buy another for myself, or a "2 Go" for Hugo 2. The SD card is the most desirable trait for us.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #5,055 of 19,125
A few hours in hospital waiting room yesterday and a nighttime hockey game: no poly relief. We did, however, bring the one cord that still works with Poly.

We could not access hot spot, but another problem arose: Each time I turned poly on, the battery light was blue, but the top light did not come on. It brought Mojo through the color changes, but did not flash to look for a network. I turned it off, waited, on, waited, repeat, for about a half hour, before throwing in the towel. With no light flashing, there is no response to the pin.

When I got home, I finally got it to search for local wifi by chance: this time, by disconnecting poly from mojo while powered on.

I've had some times where poly took a long time to search for wifi, but it always did. This time was different.

Is this something the update will address?

Originally, I attempted to return poly, concerned about waiting too long, but the dealer instructed me to ship it out. I did not persist in the return. I don't know if this is my wife's unit issue, or an update fix issue, or if there is a time frame for return.

I am rooting for Poly, and would love to either buy another for myself, or a "2 Go" for Hugo 2. The SD card is the most desirable trait for us.

Is your phone an iPhone? You need to figure out how to connect to its hotspot, as this is the most reliable connection at this point, or connect phone to Polys hotspot, which will work best for accessing the SD card.

The update will supposedly fix the power on issues. Taking MojoPoly apart while on and reconnecting is a reliable way to get Poly to power on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back