Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 22, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #5,071 of 18,896
I tried the [Renderer] with 8Player and it has the exact same issue as Glider. So it seems that my Poly is messed up then.

Many thanks for the help by the way.

Can someone from Chord confirm I have a hardware issue or if this is a known software issue and that it will be fixed in a firmware update?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #5,072 of 18,896
Can someone from Chord confirm I have a hardware issue or if this is a known software issue and that it will be fixed in a firmware update?
I can confirm that this issue exists... I had the same problem with my very first Poly... returned it after a week or so testing and the replacement works nearly perfect. Using it both with the Poly SD music server and home NAS Synology music server, both on the go using the hybrid hotspot mode and plain home network. All streaming using DLNA. So you may consider going to your dealer and check with a new unit if it behaves the same. The lastest Poly FW update did improve discovery and network performance.
Happy Glider user.

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #5,073 of 18,896
Just started to try Poly again after days of not using it.

I can connect for about 5 seconds using 8Player, Glider sees it then immediately loses connection, Jriver on PC, with PC or Poly as source starts playing for around a minute then loses connection again.

Then to top it off, was just going to leave my office and I hear a screeching noise(coil whine?), coming from the Mojo Poly Combo, when powered on and connected to USB power, its not hot, just warm, powered off then on, seems OK now, if it does it again I will charge them separately to see where its coming from.

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #5,074 of 18,896
@mp101 did you do the firmware upgrade on the Poly?
I recommend getting in touch with @joe28 and request the latest beta version of Glider, much more stable in holding network connections.
What charger are you using to charge the Poly/Mojo? Underpowered chargers less than 2.4amp could cause hissing...

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #5,075 of 18,896
I can confirm that this issue exists... I had the same problem with my very first Poly... returned it after a week or so testing and the replacement works nearly perfect. Using it both with the Poly SD music server and home NAS Synology music server, both on the go using the hybrid hotspot mode and plain home network. All streaming using DLNA. So you may consider going to your dealer and check with a new unit if it behaves the same. The lastest Poly FW update did improve discovery and network performance.
Happy Glider user.

I see. I will go to my dealer and see if he has a demo model to try out. But it is good that you can confirm that your model doesn’t have this issue on the latest firmware (which I am also using).

It will be my 3rd replacement unit then. Many thanks for the help.

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #5,076 of 18,896
Please can anyone tell us if there is a fix for the Poly when playing from SD-card? Apparently the Mojo is losing the first half second of music? I only heard about it recently and just in time as I was about to buy a Poly.

The fix with Mojo on computers was insert a second of silence before new manually selected tracks, in media centre software. Can this be worked around when using music played from SD-card on Poly, please?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #5,077 of 18,896
@mp101 did you do the firmware upgrade on the Poly?
I recommend getting in touch with @joe28 and request the latest beta version of Glider, much more stable in holding network connections.
What charger are you using to charge the Poly/Mojo? Underpowered chargers less than 2.4amp could cause hissing...

Hi smaragd, thanks

Yeah have the latest as far as I know (1.0.6), also glider 1.6.2.21 (Glider seems OK in hotspot mode), charger is an Anker 3.0 amp.

I might just have to ask AudioSanctuary for a replacement, as it was one of the first batches.

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #5,079 of 18,896
I still keep an eye on this forum as still interested in the Poly but going to wait until you beta testers/development have finished. After all, its meant to be easier/smoother than just plugging my Dragonfly Red into a phone/PC.

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #5,080 of 18,896
Hi smaragd, thanks

Yeah have the latest as far as I know (1.0.6), also glider 1.6.2.21 (Glider seems OK in hotspot mode), charger is an Anker 3.0 amp.

I might just have to ask AudioSanctuary for a replacement, as it was one of the first batches.

Phil from AS kindly assisted me in exchanging my Poly. Other than having no issues with charging, I am yet to see an improvement in any other area.

8Player/Glider have issues- be it AirPlay or direct sd card playback. Playing from tidal/Spotify on my iPhone/iPad is relatively hassle free. Getting constant cut-outs on Roon.

Thus, getting a replacement changed very little. I am puzzled as to how people with the same experience like myself exist alongside others that are not seeing any problems at all...

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #5,081 of 18,896
I tried the [Renderer] with 8Player and it has the exact same issue as Glider. So it seems that my Poly is messed up then.

Many thanks for the help by the way.

Ah, in that case there's probably nothing I can do on the Glider side. Have you tried contacting Chord Support?

I only activate the SD card server, do you mean poly still will airplay to itself?

Yep. It sounds a little awkward, but when playing from the SD card the Poly is streaming to itself using AirPlay or DLNA.

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #5,082 of 18,896
Phil from AS kindly assisted me in exchanging my Poly. Other than having no issues with charging, I am yet to see an improvement in any other area.

8Player/Glider have issues- be it AirPlay or direct sd card playback. Playing from tidal/Spotify on my iPhone/iPad is relatively hassle free. Getting constant cut-outs on Roon.

Thus, getting a replacement changed very little. I am puzzled as to how people with the same experience like myself exist alongside others that are not seeing any problems at all...

Been running Glider now for over an hour, in hotspot mode, just on a loop to burn in the HD6xx, no issues whatsoever.

My home networks is good one, all Ubiquiti (Unifi, some will say its crap lol) nothing else has any issue, though I do have a lot of devices, I even recently decreased my 2g power just in case, and no problems with anything on 2g other than Poly, I have 8 2g connections to one access point, zero on the other, I changed to channel 9 from auto, it didn't help

upload_2017-12-22_13-26-17.png

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #5,083 of 18,896
Been running Glider now for over an hour, in hotspot mode, just on a loop to burn in the HD6xx, no issues whatsoever.

My home networks is good one, all Ubiquiti (Unifi, some will say its crap lol) nothing else has any issue, though I do have a lot of devices, I even recently decreased my 2g power just in case, and no problems with anything on 2g other than Poly, I have 8 2g connections to one access point, zero on the other, I changed to channel 9 from auto, it didn't help

I have reason to believe WiFi will be better in the update that is forthcoming. If I look at existing Poly connections here it looks as if its advertising in the Wifi exchange that it does 5GHz which would cause Access points trouble especially those who do "steering" where they encourage clients to go to 5GHz.

From what I have inferred the update changes this to only advertise 2.4, which should help, along with other bug fixes

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #5,084 of 18,896
4 days until the Big Day! And hopefully the GoFigure app*!

(*)- Christmas wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back