Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #4,322 of 19,044
Please understand we have shipped 4,000 units already most customer are very happy. We always knew we would have to update the operating system software when we received a large sample of feed back from customers with the huge world wide variation of Routers and WiFi systems that are out there. Note most problem attributed to Poly are System and WiFi speed issues those that we have identified as our own have been and will continue to be fixed. We are not a large company like Sony or Apple with unlimited resources and this is the only way that we a small british company can bring this very advanced product to market being capable of interfacing with everything in the way that it can. It’s not trivial to do what we are doing our hardware is fixed and brilliant. Our software is working well now and is evolving rapidly to be unique and ultimate superb. So please bare with us!

There's obviously room for leeway, to a degree. But when the entire user-base is nothing more than beta testers, it's a pretty clear sign that you didn't do things right, and you're still not caught up. Maybe you need to bring in more software/firmware help or outsource it? I really want to grab one of these, but at this pace it feels like it might be Q2-2018 before it's functioning as originally described.

We all understand the situation you're in, given the task at hand and the workforce you have, but that doesn't mean it's in any way excusable or acceptable. Especially when it comes to a product that was released as a "fully functioning, finished unit".

I respect your company and your brand, but each time there's an obviously disingenuous reply from Chord that tries to push some of the blame onto users/networks/outside equipment, I lose a bit of that respect.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #4,325 of 19,044
How is Poly working with UniFi Access Point hand-off currently?

Cant speak about hand-offs etc, but its connects and seems to stay connected to my APACPro's, but I cannot get the actual Poly to stream of its own SD card properly (not even on my Wi-Fi), and it also stops after a few minutes using Jriver MC21, streaming to it from my wired desktop, going to setup a RaspPi and try streaming from MC21, that maybe a while of as I'm busy.

Not given up all hope yet, still believe in it, sure it will be rock steady.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #4,326 of 19,044
Good to know. I legit only want one for AirPlay, mostly. I don't even own music anymore (crazy, I know). I just hate all the wires from my phone to the Mojo. So bulky.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #4,327 of 19,044
Good to know. I legit only want one for AirPlay, mostly. I don't even own music anymore (crazy, I know). I just hate all the wires from my phone to the Mojo. So bulky.
I was starting to think I was the only person this was the case for! I use android but I stopped buying albums a few years ago to save some money. I just want poly to show up as an available playback device in Tidal, Spotify, etc.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #4,328 of 19,044
I was starting to think I was the only person this was the case for! I use android but I stopped buying albums a few years ago to save some money. I just want poly to show up as an available playback device in Tidal, Spotify, etc.

Exactly, and I don't like DAPs because I love my iPhone, and I don't want to manage two separate devices.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #4,329 of 19,044

As of now, does it not show up as a playback device in Spotify / Tidal? What's the general consensus on this use case?

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #4,333 of 19,044
Dec 4, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #4,334 of 19,044
Jeez. It seems there are still a lot of usability issues. I really really want to buy, but at the price they're asking, I could just buy a DAP that would sound similar....

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #4,335 of 19,044
Jeez. It seems there are still a lot of usability issues. I really really want to buy, but at the price they're asking, I could just buy a DAP that would sound similar....

Don't rate a gadget on a thread where mostly problems gets discussed! If in doubt and not in a hurry: Stay on the sidelines and look how things will progress over time and buy when you think it's time to. If you don't have a mojo or don't have use cases that resonate with the mojopoly combo then maybe another DAP might be better suited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back