Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #4,351 of 18,821
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #4,352 of 18,821
@Feedbacker +1 Agreed. I think the Blue light was the indicater that it is charged. The indicator was broken with the firmware update.
Yes, but a bigger problem was that blue light meant that Poly was starting to use it's internal battery also! Some of us woke up to find a dead Poly in the morning! It's much better after the update!

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #4,353 of 18,821
Yes, a full charge indication would be good, not sure how would that be possible though... But as for now it's better than before, we get a full battery after a night charge. We can estimate the time spent charging and we have the light color when unplugged from power, it's not that bad after all!

It obviously is possible, because originally it was supposed to turn blue when fully charged. Some (many?) of us experienced it going dark when fully charged - that was different than advertised, but still indicated a full charge. The continuous white light is less good, in my humble opinion. Not disastrously bad, but not great.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #4,354 of 18,821
Yes, but a bigger problem was that blue light meant that Poly was starting to use it's internal battery also! Some of us woke up to find a dead Poly in the morning! It's much better after the update!

Not sure how that would be possible, though. If it is connected to a charger, surely it is still capable of drawing charge if it drops below a certain level? Not doubting your experience, but it was clearly Chord's intention that it would operate that way initially. I've never known a device run out of power while it's connected to a charger.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,355 of 18,821
I agree with others, but let me try to sum up:
- Prior to the update, the Poly would stop charging when full and the light would change from white to blue. But, Poly was still active on the network in some state of drawing power, and might drain itself depending on the charger's behavior (not good).
- After the update, Poly stays charging when plugged in, regardless of charged state. this may put more strain on the battery, but will avoid the potential for draining after charging.

Perhaps matt can confirm the behavior and intent. Thanks.

I'm not experiencing Poly remaining connected to my network. I would always turn off Mojo and then Poly turns off about 2 min after Mojo. This behavior has not changed for me....only the charge indicator changed .

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,356 of 18,821
It obviously is possible, because originally it was supposed to turn blue when fully charged. Some (many?) of us experienced it going dark when fully charged - that was different than advertised, but still indicated a full charge. The continuous white light is less good, in my humble opinion. Not disastrously bad, but not great.
Agree! I wish mine turned itself off when fully charged, but never seen that before. I was not sure it's possible since a power source triggered it on. Mine used to remain blue and connected, I'd rather have it white but I would really prefer it to turn off completely when full.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #4,357 of 18,821
If you dont have music on an sd card then it makes not much sense to carry poly with mojo. I know you hate wires, but it would be much easier in this case to use a short wire between mojo and iphone to get the best quality. I simply see no benefit in fiddeling with Wifi Settings only for playing Spotify or TIDAL over WIFI or Bluetooth. If you abvsolutely must use your iPhone separately but within Range of mojo, then you can use mojo with poly over Bluetooth, which seems the easiest solution.

disagree. i quite enjoy leaving MojoPoly in my pocket and only fiddling with my iPhone while commuting to work on the subway, using Tidal downloaded files. i hated stacking iPhone and Mojo, even with Chord's USB dongle it was cumbersome, plus the rubber bands interfere with your usage of the phone. no thanks.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #4,358 of 18,821
Agree! I wish mine turned itself off when fully charged, but never seen that before. I was not sure it's possible since a power source triggered it on. Mine used to remain blue and connected, I'd rather have it white but I would really prefer it to turn off completely when full.

That was actually happening with my Poly (and, I think, @NYanakiev 's) before the update. I'm just confused, and it would be good to hear from @Matt Bartlett as to what should be happening now. It seems that there is such a variety of experience with something as simple as charging. I get that with the massive range of different networking and use options available there will be a wide range of experience in some ways, but surely not with charging.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #4,359 of 18,821
I'm not experiencing Poly remaining connected to my network. I would always turn off Mojo and then Poly turns off about 2 min after Mojo. This behavior has not changed for me....only the charge indicator changed .
So your Poly turned itself off while connected both on charger and Mojo? Mine never turned off while on charger, no matter the status of Mojo. If not on charger (I always keep MojoPoly connected), it did turned off normally, with Mojo.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #4,360 of 18,821
That was actually happening with my Poly (and, I think, @NYanakiev 's) before the update. I'm just confused, and it would be good to hear from @Matt Bartlett as to what should be happening now. It seems that there is such a variety of experience with something as simple as charging. I get that with the massive range of different networking and use options available there will be a wide range of experience in some ways, but surely not with charging.
+1. I'd like to know how it's officially supposed to be.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #4,361 of 18,821
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #4,362 of 18,821
So your Poly turned itself off while connected both on charger and Mojo? Mine never turned off while on charger, no matter the status of Mojo. If not on charger (I always keep MojoPoly connected), it did turned off normally, with Mojo.

Yes Poly will turn off if you turn off Mojo first and allow Poly to turn off subsequently before attaching the charging cable.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #4,364 of 18,821

When the p-status light was blue on charge, the Poly could still be seen on networks. Maybe this behavior has also changed?

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #4,365 of 18,821
disagree. i quite enjoy leaving MojoPoly in my pocket and only fiddling with my iPhone while commuting to work on the subway, using Tidal downloaded files. i hated stacking iPhone and Mojo, even with Chord's USB dongle it was cumbersome, plus the rubber bands interfere with your usage of the phone. no thanks.

Agreed, i use it only inhouse connected wireless to Roon/Audirvana and my uPnP-Server and this works for me OK, out of the house i haven't used it much, so i thought it would be easiest to connect via Bluetooth or WIFI only (Hotspot-Mode) if you are don't have highres files to play. Soundwise it shouldn't much difference if one uses Bluetooth or WIFI while commuting. But i think this is one of the strengths of poly: You have many choices depending on what outcome you prefer (SQ vs convenience).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back