1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288
290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299
Next

Last
  1. EarDrumExplode
    Bluetooth for me has been flawless it has worked constantly and without any drops or network loss

2. dontfeedphils
    There's obviously room for leeway, to a degree. But when the entire user-base is nothing more than beta testers, it's a pretty clear sign that you didn't do things right, and you're still not caught up. Maybe you need to bring in more software/firmware help or outsource it? I really want to grab one of these, but at this pace it feels like it might be Q2-2018 before it's functioning as originally described.

We all understand the situation you're in, given the task at hand and the workforce you have, but that doesn't mean it's in any way excusable or acceptable. Especially when it comes to a product that was released as a "fully functioning, finished unit".

I respect your company and your brand, but each time there's an obviously disingenuous reply from Chord that tries to push some of the blame onto users/networks/outside equipment, I lose a bit of that respect.

NYanakiev likes this.
  3. Lontano
    Will it seamlessly play all file types ? I want aiff. Will it be gapless?

4. pfurey89
    How is Poly working with UniFi Access Point handoff currently?

5. mp101
    Cant speak about hand-offs etc, but its connects and seems to stay connected to my APACPro's, but I cannot get the actual Poly to stream of its own SD card properly (not even on my Wi-Fi), and it also stops after a few minutes using Jriver MC21, streaming to it from my wired desktop, going to setup a RaspPi and try streaming from MC21, that maybe a while of as I'm busy.

Not given up all hope yet, still believe in it, sure it will be rock steady.

6. pfurey89
    Good to know. I legit only want one for AirPlay, mostly. I don't even own music anymore (crazy, I know). I just hate all the wires from my phone to the Mojo. So bulky.

7. AudioTransit9213
    I was starting to think I was the only person this was the case for! I use android but I stopped buying albums a few years ago to save some money. I just want poly to show up as an available playback device in Tidal, Spotify, etc.

8. pfurey89
    Exactly, and I don't like DAPs because I love my iPhone, and I don't want to manage two separate devices.

9. pfurey89
    As of now, does it not show up as a playback device in Spotify / Tidal? What's the general consensus on this use case?

10. AudioTransit9213
    I enjoy having a separate dap for certain use cases. I always take one to the gym so I can leave my phone in the car to avoid distraction.

11. AudioTransit9213
    As of now, no. Not on android at least. Matt did mention that they are working with Google on making this happen tho.

12. pfurey89
    I am guessing with AirPlay it should work as intended?

13. jirams
    Mine worked fine on Airplay - when I could get it to switch on.

14. pfurey89
    Jeez. It seems there are still a lot of usability issues. I really really want to buy, but at the price they're asking, I could just buy a DAP that would sound similar....

15. polymaniac
    Don't rate a gadget on a thread where mostly problems gets discussed! If in doubt and not in a hurry: Stay on the sidelines and look how things will progress over time and buy when you think it's time to. If you don't have a mojo or don't have use cases that resonate with the mojopoly combo then maybe another DAP might be better suited.

First

Back
279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288
290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299
Next

Last