Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 7, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #14,030 of 18,828
It shows a firmware update to 2.0 (not 2.04 for some reason...) And a name change function, no option to reset...
I don't think you get Factory Reset in Gofigure until Poly is on 2.0, although my memory may be faulty on that one. I presume you are still on 1.0.43. If you still cannot update to 2.0, I would get support from chord.

Aug 7, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #14,031 of 18,828
I think what happened was, I turned off than turn on again, make sure its connected to internet by checking the home router, thenleave the polymojo on charger without SD Card and turned on, go to sleep and it will update itself.

Read somewhere that it will go online to look for update when it feel it's ready and it has nothing else to do for like half an hour or so...... And it only.does that via WIFI not Bluetooth

It.wont update when your other device keep connecting to it or playing thru it.......

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #14,032 of 18,828
It shows a firmware update to 2.0 (not 2.04 for some reason...) And a name change function, no option to reset...

Hi Gabriel,
You need to update incrementally so before you can update to V2.0.4 firmware you first have to update and install the V2.0 firmware as this contains a very large system update that makes many changes which are needed for any of the newer firmwares to work.
Please take a look at our FAQ page here :- https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/
The third question down 'How do I update Poly to V2.0' will take you through all the steps you need.

If you need any further help then please email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and we can run through this with you.

P.S Don't worry about the factory reset at the moment. We need to get you on the latest firmware first. The factory reset is not needed and will not help unless you want to wipe all the passwords and stored WiFi information in your Poly. It will not reset or change the firmware.

Matt

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #14,033 of 18,828
A quick report of my experience since buying a Mojo/poly again around two months ago. I use Android (Mconnect;Hificast)
The experience has been stellar, especially since I got Mconnect. I no longer see the pair freezing or refusing to quickly respond to commands via my phone (next song, a different album etc)

I was considering buying a dedicated DAP (thought of getting a Cayin N6ii or AK's SP1000M) but couldn't justify the spend. Especially now that interacting with Mojopoly is a hassle free experience.
In addition, I am not too sure how big a difference getting a high end DAP would make sound-wise...

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #14,034 of 18,828
I’ve had mine a year and use it about 4 hours a day. Can’t say enough good things about it, except the battery life is a bit frustrating.

Although it took 6 months of trying this and that, different filters on my iems etc. Was very complex at the start and my god took so much effort, but got there in the end.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #14,035 of 18,828
I’ve had mine a year and use it about 4 hours a day. Can’t say enough good things about it, except the battery life is a bit frustrating.

Although it took 6 months of trying this and that, different filters on my iems etc. Was very complex at the start and my god took so much effort, but got there in the end.

I think that the last few software updates made a massive difference, starting from 2.0; I have no idea how Chord's partner did it, they must have fully revamped how Poly interacts with commands- be it via Airplay/DLNA or MPD.
SD card playback is very much flawless and even listening to Tidal via Bubble UPNP works a treat.

It feels like a brand new product- Chord might want to consider doing a small visual update and re-launching the product.
I have no battery life issues as both Mojo and Poly are brand new.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #14,036 of 18,828
I would add that I like the sound, size and convenience of the pair so much that I would rather have a new updated Mojo to use with Poly than a Hugo 2Go.

I just don't ever take Hugo 2 out my flat (and that's without a 2Go attached to it, making the package larger and heavier);

@ChordElectronics Mojo 2 please!

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #14,037 of 18,828
I would add that I like the sound, size and convenience of the pair so much that I would rather have a new updated Mojo to use with Poly than a Hugo 2Go.

I just don't ever take Hugo 2 out my flat (and that's without a 2Go attached to it, making the package larger and heavier);

@ChordElectronics Mojo 2 please!

So there's a significant enough difference between the Mojo and Hugo 2 where you're hurting for a Mojo 2?

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #14,038 of 18,828
So there's a significant enough difference between the Mojo and Hugo 2 where you're hurting for a Mojo 2?

Hugo 2 is miles better than Mojo from a pure sound quality point of view.
"Hurting" is a very strong way to put it though.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #14,039 of 18,828
Hi. First try to put my iphone 6 in hotspot mode and get Poly to connect. I succeeded in setting up this network in GoFigure but when I try to connect to it I get an ‘out of range’ error. My phone is next to Poly. What am I missing here? Poly/GoFigure are up to date. Thanks.

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #14,040 of 18,828
A quick report of my experience since buying a Mojo/poly again around two months ago. I use Android (Mconnect;Hificast)
The experience has been stellar, especially since I got Mconnect. I no longer see the pair freezing or refusing to quickly respond to commands via my phone (next song, a different album etc)

I was considering buying a dedicated DAP (thought of getting a Cayin N6ii or AK's SP1000M) but couldn't justify the spend. Especially now that interacting with Mojopoly is a hassle free experience.
In addition, I am not too sure how big a difference getting a high end DAP would make sound-wise...

Pretty sure a dap would be a step backwards soundwise. Since 2.0 I've started using mojo n poly much more, as it's now a relatively pain free experience to connect to things.

Wise move to avoid a dap, if you bought one, by this time next year it would be 5 versions out of date :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back