Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 8, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #14,041 of 18,752
Hi Gabriel,
You need to update incrementally so before you can update to V2.0.4 firmware you first have to update and install the V2.0 firmware as this contains a very large system update that makes many changes which are needed for any of the newer firmwares to work.
Please take a look at our FAQ page here :- https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/
The third question down 'How do I update Poly to V2.0' will take you through all the steps you need.

If you need any further help then please email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and we can run through this with you.

P.S Don't worry about the factory reset at the moment. We need to get you on the latest firmware first. The factory reset is not needed and will not help unless you want to wipe all the passwords and stored WiFi information in your Poly. It will not reset or change the firmware.

Matt
hi all sorry to stray of thread but today was a very sad day. while I was out at the park on such a beautiful day with my daughter some sneaky bstard reached into my bag and stole my mojo/poly and my hugo I've reported it to the police for what good that'll do but I'm reaching out to this forum. unfortunately for me the only serial number I have is of my poly I'm posting this picture in the off chance it turns up on eBay or similar sites although I have little faith I will ever see any of them
again

upload_2019-8-8_21-27-36.png

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #14,042 of 18,752
Well per my previous message the hotspot adventure turned out great. Now I can’t even find it as a bluetooth device to access Poly. Blue light stays on....using the pin to force hotspot...nada. Great this happens before leaving on holidays tomorrow !

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #14,043 of 18,752
Ok, I think I have got it to a halfway point, the poly is not alternating colors at all, however the mojo has the same color it should get for dsd without any audio going in, I just initiated the update/reboot, and this happened...

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #14,044 of 18,752
Well per my previous message the hotspot adventure turned out great. Now I can’t even find it as a bluetooth device to access Poly. Blue light stays on....using the pin to force hotspot...nada. Great this happens before leaving on holidays tomorrow !

So I guess all I can do is let Poly+Mojo batteries drain and full charge after.

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #14,045 of 18,752
hi all sorry to stray of thread but today was a very sad day. while I was out at the park on such a beautiful day with my daughter some sneaky bstard reached into my bag and stole my mojo/poly and my hugo I've reported it to the police for what good that'll do but I'm reaching out to this forum. unfortunately for me the only serial number I have is of my poly I'm posting this picture in the off chance it turns up on eBay or similar sites although I have little faith I will ever see any of them
again

Sorry t hear that. If you registered them with Chord, they should be able to provide those serial numbers.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #14,046 of 18,752
Ok, I think I have got it to a halfway point, the poly is not alternating colors at all, however the mojo has the same color it should get for dsd without any audio going in, I just initiated the update/reboot, and this happened...
I was wrong, nothing happened due to the weird dsd like phenomenon other than the moji heating up...

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #14,047 of 18,752
again

If you registered them with Chord when you bought them, they will have your serial numbers, also inform chord that they got stolen.

If they get sent to them in the future, as the batteries WILL need replaced at somepoint, maybe not for mojo as they are selling batteries for that to customers now, but for poly and hugo, they will need to be returned to chord for servicing.

Fingers crossed dude, also, I don't know where you're located, but if it's in the uk, see if any cctv cameras in the area caught what happened.

I hope the thief gets ebola, twice.

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #14,051 of 18,752
Originally yes, but that did nothing at all...
There was something very strange for a few posters when they updated to 2.0.0 - replacing the SD card seemed to trigger the update being completed. All the instructions at the time were that this should have no effect, but it clearly did for a few owners. I suspect that you have nothing to lose by replacing the card, then rebooting - everything else seems to have failed. I presume that you emailed chord support.

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #14,052 of 18,752
What version of the firmware are you using?
This sounds like the blue light lockup that used to happen, but was cured by firmware 2.0.00.

Both Poly and GoFigure are up-to-date. Batteries are drained now and recharging again. Let’s see how it goes tomorrow.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #14,053 of 18,752
Originally yes, but that did nothing at all...

Can you still connect your Poly to Gofigure now?
If you can connect to Gofigure does it still show you are on V1.0.43 firmware?
What is the P status light doing on your Poly - it should be solid blue showing you are connected to WiFi and your Poly is fully charged.

Let me know so I can see if I can help further - by the way did you try contacting our support email?

Matt

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #14,055 of 18,752
There was something very strange for a few posters when they updated to 2.0.0 - replacing the SD card seemed to trigger the update being completed. All the instructions at the time were that this should have no effect, but it clearly did for a few owners. I suspect that you have nothing to lose by replacing the card, then rebooting - everything else seems to have failed. I presume that you emailed chord support.
I have yet to try fully running the battery down before trying again, likely to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back