1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937
939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948
Next

Last
  1. ubs28
    What is the best app for the Poly by the way?

I bought 8player considering I had problems with Glider int he past, but it fails to recognise the Chord Poly sometimes. But AK Connect always recognises it so it is some kind of weird bug with 8player?

The funny thing is, 8player recognises all my NAS drives and also my MacBook Pro (with file sharing) 100% of the time. So maybe it is something weird the Chord poly is doing that makes 8player not being able to recognise the Poly as good as my NAS drives.

I guess I need to spend more money finding that perfect app for the Chord Poly :p

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Peter Hyatt likes this.
  2. Progisus
    I use mconnect with few issues. I found AK connect played all files on an album alphabetical rather than by track number. Mconnect even does gapless for me.

3. ubs28
    Thanks. I will try this out for a few days to see if it is better.

4. Thelungz
    I've checked for cctv footage but unfortunately there are no cameras in the area which is very unusual in the UK these days to be honest. I'm not sure if I registered them with chord when I purchased them they were all purchased from ebay second hand but I will check with matt bartlett when I get the opportunity as I'm currently on holiday back Monday so I'll check with matt and chord then
    also I think ebola is what the thief deserves at the very least!!

5. Peter Hyatt
    Tech challenged inquirer —

I’m traveling w my wife’s poly for the plane.

I have iPhone X

I’d like to use Qobuz offline (hi res)

and SD card. (We have glider)

Can any recommend app to play Qobuz off line on plane? And...explain how to...?

6. Thelungz
    I will check with chord when I get back from holiday on monday

7. PrittiPoly
    Lobby Parliament to introduce the Ebola Penalty.

Thelungz likes this.
  8. Thelungz
    that's not a bad idea seeing as they are doing nothing at the moment!

9. Amberlamps
    MConnect bro, or MConnectHD for ipads.

The rest are all buggy and glitchy, 8player, akconnect, etc but MConnect is the best app for controlling poly with a tidal or qobuz subscription, lets you actually see qobuz or tidals front page and albums similar to what it looks like on qobuz and tidal.

@Matt Bartlett tell the peeps that MConnect or mconnecthd for ipads is the path to enlightenment with regards to using Poly with ios devices, im not sure if it's available for droid os.

smaragd and Daniel Johnston like this.
  10. Amberlamps
    Bluetooth only on a plane, if that, get usb cable and an apple adapter, as flight mode on your phone will kill all wireless connection options. Do what I do, don't use airplane mode and just use it as normally would. Contrary to popular belief, phones will not cause any problems to the plane, if they were a danger you wouldnt be allowed to take them onto the plane to begin with.

Either you brass neck it, or you go all 2001 and use a usb cable with an apple adapter, not sure if your iphone has a lightning port, if so its an apple cck kit that you need, if it is a usb c port, you need a usb-c to usb adapter. Both are like 20'ish bux from apple.

Qobuz works offline :)

Just start importing tracks that you want to hear, you will need to download them onto your phone, qobuz settings, import and storage space, set the storage space for say 50gig or more if you have a 128gb or higher iphone. Not sure if mconnect will be ok to play offline qobuz files, but im not sure, once I get my iphone back if i find it, I will let you know. Worst case scenario, plug your headphones into the 3.5mm port that the apple iphone x doesn't have, so use the 3.5mm dongle instead.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  11. ZappaMan
    Mpdelux is good/basic/reliable and very cheap

12. smaragd
    Mconnect for me too.
    By the way if you have iPhone, you can set it to airplane mode and manually switch Bluetooth back on while keeping the iPhone in airplane mode.
    I’ve used it that way in-flight to play from SD via GoFigure while the poly is in BT and airplane mode.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Amberlamps and Peter Hyatt like this.
  13. rq1111
    Can anyone help me on the firmware? Now, I have the 1.0.43 but just cannot upgrade to 2.0.0 firmware. I try to follow the chord website instructions but still cannot.

14. miketlse
    I found the update a bit confusing, but it worked second time around.
    The most confusing thing was GoFigure indicating that Poly was connected, but Poly continuing to flash blue. (Matt is investigating)
    I pressed the update icon anyway, and put everything on one side charging for half an hour, then removed the power cable to check P status, which was now not flashing so indicating that Poly had connected.
    I put the power cable back, then left everything for another half an hour, by which time Mojopoly was getting quite warm. I switched everything off, and left Mojopoly to cool down, and when I next switched it back on, GoFigure indicated that Poly was now on 2.0.0. I didn't see any cycling lights, but I wasn't keeping a close eye on Poly.
    There are quite a few posts about owners using GoFigure to request the update, then leaving Poly switched on, and it updating without drawing attention to itself.
    All I can suggest is try the same a few times, but if you still struggle, then email support@chordelectronics.co.uk

rq1111 likes this.
  15. PhenixS1970
    Good news...poly up and running again...just in time for pool party :) However using my iphone 6 as hotspot remains hit and miss

First

Back
928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937
939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948
Next

Last