Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 4, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #13,291 of 18,757
Nope. Something is definitely wrong. On a normal device I would factory reset it by now, but there's just no way to here. The Config button menu is broken. I go to switch modes and it shuts Poly off.

If this has happened to anyone else (it looks like it has to @AndrewC88, via my quote up above), I'd appreciate some feedback. I sent an email to Chord. We'll see what they come up with, but really feeling like returning it at this point. Huge disappointment.

Hi @joshnor713 and @AndrewC88
Apologies I wasn't available yesterday evening to assist you both with this.
It does sound like the update to firmware version 1.0.41 which then allows you to jump to the latest V2.0 firmware has failed and left your Polys with corrupted firmware so they are now running in fail safe mode. This is frustrating and I can only apologise but it can be fixed by a manual update process that I can force through from our update server. What I need you both to do is press the config button so Poly goes into access point mode ( The P status light will flash Blue and green ). Then using your phone or computer scan for the WiFi signal coming from Poly and you should see Poly then a long number displayed (Poly-xxxxxxx). Can you PM me this then I will give you further instructions. I may not be able to do anything until Tuesday now as it is the spring holiday in the UK but I will try.

Matt

Last edited:
May 4, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #13,292 of 18,757
My replacement Poly can connect with Gofigure which is a big step forward. I want to connect with the latest firmware, but the instructions are not clear about this. Does a home wifi connection have to be set up first?

Yes you need to connect to your home WiFi so Poly can connect to the internet and start the download.
Check out this video which should help:-

May 4, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #13,293 of 18,757
I have not been able to connect to my home wifi. I have tried normal, alternate and manually entering my sscd and password. Every time the result is the same, it goes so far and then cuts out. Very frustrating as there has never been any problems connecting devices to the home wifi.

May 4, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #13,294 of 18,757
I have not been able to connect to my home wifi. I have tried normal, alternate and manually entering my sscd and password. Every time the result is the same, it goes so far and then cuts out. Very frustrating as there has never been any problems connecting devices to the home wifi.
What do you mean by goes so far and then cuts out

May 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #13,296 of 18,757
Hi @joshnor713 and @AndrewC88
Apologies I wasn't available yesterday evening to assist you both with this.
It does sound like the update to firmware version 1.0.41 which then allows you to jump to the latest V2.0 firmware has failed and left your Polys with corrupted firmware so they are now running in fail safe mode. This is frustrating and I can only apologise but it can be fixed by a manual update process that I can force through from our update server. What I need you both to do is press the config button so Poly goes into access point mode ( The P status light will flash Blue and green ). Then using your phone or computer scan for the WiFi signal coming from Poly and you should see Poly then a long number displayed (Poly-xxxxxxx). Can you PM me this then I will give you further instructions. I may not be able to do anything until Tuesday now as it is the spring holiday in the UK but I will try.

Matt

Will do, thanks Matt. Glad to hear there's hope!

May 4, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #13,297 of 18,757
A line moves from left to right, gets just past half way and then stops.
Are there any special characters in your password?
Can you spin up a hotspot on your phone with a really simple password - like 12345678

Have you eliminated fat fingering the wrong password

What happens if you try the wrong password just for fun.

May 4, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #13,300 of 18,757
A line moves from left to right, gets just past half way and then stops.

Hi @211276
Do you mean Gofigure running on your phone will not connect to Poly?
Where have you been entering your WiFi SSID and password if you cannot open Gofigure - have you been able to use the web config page?
Finally what colour is the P status light on Poly and is it flashing or static?

If you can let me know some answers I will do my best to help.

Matt

May 4, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #13,301 of 18,757
Hi Matt, thanks for your response.
My phone connects to Gofigure but I am unable to connect to my home wifi network. I am receiving a prompt to enter my SSID and below my password. I have been doing this but cannot connect. Throughout the P light is flashing blue. Is the web config page you refer to the one that provides the options of normal and alternate connections? I have tried both but to no avail.
Hope you can help me connect.

May 4, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #13,302 of 18,757
My phone connects to Gofigure but I am unable to connect to my home wifi network. I am receiving a prompt to enter my SSID and below my password. I have been doing this but cannot connect. Throughout the P light is flashing blue. Is the web config page you refer to the one that provides the options of normal and alternate connections? I have tried both but to no avail.
I went through the wizard earlier and it gets to the bit about WiFi you can pull down and it tries to discover the network - maybe try that? (iPhone)

May 4, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #13,303 of 18,757

Ok so in Gofigure go to settings and then tap the WiFi tab.
This will show you the networks already configured in Poly ( yours should show none ).
Underneath this there is the option to choose a new network to add to Poly. This will show a list of all the available WiFi networks Poly can connect to.
You can swipe down to scan again and refresh this list.
Your SSID should show in this list. If it doesn't then Poly can't see it.

Poly will not connect to 5GHz WiFi networks or hidden SSID's - this is possibly the problem.

May 5, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #13,304 of 18,757
Hi there
I’m having trouble to connect to Tidal. In Gofigure I can add my user and password and everythings seems fine. But then I’m trying to browse Tidal from Glider or 8Player Pro I get this message: Service login or communication fail.

Any ideas? I’ve tried to uninstall the apps and shut down Poly and start it again. It worked for a couple of days then the new firmware came out, but no more.

May 5, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #13,305 of 18,757
Ok so in Gofigure go to settings and then tap the WiFi tab.
This will show you the networks already configured in Poly ( yours should show none ).
Underneath this there is the option to choose a new network to add to Poly. This will show a list of all the available WiFi networks Poly can connect to.
You can swipe down to scan again and refresh this list.
Your SSID should show in this list. If it doesn't then Poly can't see it.

Poly will not connect to 5GHz WiFi networks or hidden SSID's - this is possibly the problem.

No networks are displaying under the new network to add to Poly list. At the bottom of the page is a tab labelled manually add new network. When i press this I am asked to enter my SSID and password. When I do I am still unable to connect. My wifi is Sky Broadband. Is this a common problem with Sky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back