Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 24, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #11,521 of 18,821
In the eventual situation where new better fpgas are finally released and a Mojo 2 emerges, would it still be compatible with the Poly? I doubt anything in the Poly would need to change for that to happen, as long as the mojo's interface doesn't change significantly, so my default assumption would be that it would work and I could just drop-in upgrade my mojo later, but it'd be nice to know for sure. Thanks!

Dec 24, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #11,523 of 18,821
We haven’t even started yet! The best is yet to come! Believe it! “Merry Christmas “

Looking forward to what you and @Matt Bartlett and @Rob Watts will be bringing us in 2019. On my X-mas wishlist are... continued firmware/software development on Poly and 2Go for H2.

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #11,524 of 18,821
Dec 24, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #11,525 of 18,821
We haven’t even started yet! The best is yet to come! Believe it! “Merry Christmas “
This is really great news John and most welcome. When I bought Poly about a year ago I was aware that it was still at quite an early stage of its development and that it would take time to mature. As the year's progressed I have had worries that the fix to problems and implementation of features would be too costly or just insurmountable. This is really reassuring to read!

Dec 24, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #11,526 of 18,821
I don't 'know' as in have any inside information, but I will explain why I think that Chord will not abandon the Poly any time soon:
  • Yes Poly is a 'work in development', in that it sounds like it is now approaching 99% of the functionality in the 'vision' that @Mojo ideas used to post about nearly two years ago, and @Matt Bartlett posts about upcoming updates to the apps and firmware. Posters on this thread regularly request additional functionality, so consequently the software side of Poly, will probably be receiving updates for a long time (but no different in principle to popular phone apps etc)
  • The Poly hardware seems mature, only having needed one minor update to the boot-up mechanism, and there are many posts describing how the Poly hardware improves the already excellent Mojo sound signature.
  • The Poly apps/firmware seem to have required an extra years development time, compared to the initial planning. This must have represented a large unplanned development cost for Chord, so it makes no business sense to abandon the Poly, and this software investment, any time soon.
  • There are still regular posts on the Chord threads by individuals interested in buying a MojoPoly. The Mojo itself had sold 50000+ units, the last time that Chord posted the number (maybe 18 months ago), and so there must still be a large potential market for future Poly sales - again it makes no business sense to abandon the Poly, and these potential customers any time soon.
Again, this is just my personal view, and I hope that Chord will be shipping the Poly for several more years.
@Mojo ideas if I have posted anything untoward, just PM me and I will edit this post.

Yeah it has to be said, that Chord are doing their best. Seeing Matt take over and stick rigidly with this thread has been amazing.

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #11,531 of 18,821
It is Christmas day so 'peace and goodwill to all men'.
And women. If there's no peace & goodwill to them our lives will be miserable.

Dec 25, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #11,532 of 18,821
All the statements about improved sound quality of the Chord Mojo thanks to the Chord Poly is nothing more than a bold lie?

Chord never wrote or said that Chord Poly enhances the sound quality of Chord Mojo.

Chord, how do you think about the truth? Does the Chord Poly increase the sound quality of Chord Mojo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 25, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #11,533 of 18,821
All the statements about improved sound quality of the Chord Mojo thanks to the Chord Poly is nothing more than a bold lie?

Chord never wrote or said that Chord Poly enhances the sound quality of Chord Mojo.

Chord, how do you think about the truth? Does the Chord Poly increase the sound quality of Chord Mojo?

merry christmas!

Dec 25, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #11,534 of 18,821

Although you could have phrased that a little less aggressively I do agree. I cannot really see how something that delivers ones and zeros to a DAC can affect sound quality. Mind you, people run 3K DAP's with Mojo and swear there is an improvement.

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #11,535 of 18,821

Hugo, you certainly don't like the principle of YMMV, and prefer to try and embed 'associative bias' in the thread.
If one 'climbs down the inference ladder', one does find posts by @Mojo ideas explaining that the Poly design will reduce the impact of EMI & RFI on the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back