Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 22, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #11,506 of 18,802
[QUOTE = "Peter Hyatt, příspěvek: 14672696, člen: 442044"] Poly M stav lehký pevný.

Žádné světlo z stavu P.

Nechal jsem baterii vyčerpat a nabít.

Zkoušel jsem Config ručně.

Žádná změna.

Go Figure nenalezne Poly.

Žádná odpověď na vložení karty SD.

Nápady?

Posledních pár týdnů bylo přeskočení normou, takže moje žena ji nepoužívala.

Díky. [/ QUOTE]
Do you have a bluetooth on your phone?

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #11,507 of 18,802
Yes.

IPhone X

I’ve run poly down twice now, but to no avail.

It won’t conndct to Poly via Bluetooth.

The unit stays lit solid M status. Nothing on P status.

If anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate hearing them.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #11,508 of 18,802
I had a problem like you described no light on poly, tried every charger in the house, charged it on its own no good to all intense and purpose it was dead

Took it in the dealer I bought it from plugged in to a charger and it started charging What

I have had the same problem happen once since, I used my MacBook usb c charger, seems to give it the kiss of life then it charges ok on a regular charger

Dec 23, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #11,511 of 18,802
I keep following Poly thread, hoping one day, someone will say Poly is all good now. I think I would only ever use it for SD card playback, so £500 is a lot. ... Although I think some folk are fine, I keep reading anyway.

Dec 23, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #11,512 of 18,802
I know it is a at your own risk kind of procedure, but my solid blue Poly frozen moment has been resolved by carefully dissassembling it and snaping a battery wire connector off and then back on.
Then Poly just restarts back to normal. Happened to me only twice though.

Dec 23, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #11,514 of 18,802
^
Terrific news!

You know how the saying goes:

A happy Poly = a happy wife = a happy life

(Well, for this thread anyway)

Dec 23, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #11,515 of 18,802
Does anyone know if Chord will continue to improve the Poly for a while to come? It sounds like it's currently a work-in-development, and I'm considering buying one, but am afraid that it will soon be abandoned. For $750, I'd expect Chord to work out all the kinks and make it a reliable product.

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #11,517 of 18,802
Does anyone know if Chord will continue to improve the Poly for a while to come? It sounds like it's currently a work-in-development, and I'm considering buying one, but am afraid that it will soon be abandoned. For $750, I'd expect Chord to work out all the kinks and make it a reliable product.

I think it depends on how you want to use it and what you’ll I se it with. Using iOS, Roon, Glider and Tidal and I basically consider it done and fine, with the best sound I’ve gotten from Mojo. That said:
- I never use Bluetooth for anything (I suppose a GoFigure does to talk to Poly)
- I don’t need playlists on the SD card, as I am old school and usually listen to full albums
- I do use Roon over home Wi-Fi with virtually no issues, other than occasional Tidal network issues
- At work using iPhone as a hotspot and having Poly connect to that works fabulously
- On airplanes connecting to Poly’s hotspot works great, though sometimes the iPhone will disconnect and when the album ends, I have to reconnect

Things that could be improved (either hardware or software, so some may not Ben possible) are:
- GoFigure is a little slow, both to find and load Poly (but so much better than the pin!)
- Poly still does not 100% turn on and off with Mojo, but not a major issue, just a quirk
- Configuring for each of the use cases I listed above does take a little bit of knowledge and thinking about what you want to do, so I still contend a couple of switches on Poly would have been easier. If there is to be a Poly2, maybe: on/off, Roon/Wi-Fi, and client/server (or however you would say it)

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #11,518 of 18,802
We haven’t even started yet! The best is yet to come! Believe it! “Merry Christmas “

Dec 24, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #11,519 of 18,802
I don't 'know' as in have any inside information, but I will explain why I think that Chord will not abandon the Poly any time soon:
  • Yes Poly is a 'work in development', in that it sounds like it is now approaching 99% of the functionality in the 'vision' that @Mojo ideas used to post about nearly two years ago, and @Matt Bartlett posts about upcoming updates to the apps and firmware. Posters on this thread regularly request additional functionality, so consequently the software side of Poly, will probably be receiving updates for a long time (but no different in principle to popular phone apps etc)
  • The Poly hardware seems mature, only having needed one minor update to the boot-up mechanism, and there are many posts describing how the Poly hardware improves the already excellent Mojo sound signature.
  • The Poly apps/firmware seem to have required an extra years development time, compared to the initial planning. This must have represented a large unplanned development cost for Chord, so it makes no business sense to abandon the Poly, and this software investment, any time soon.
  • There are still regular posts on the Chord threads by individuals interested in buying a MojoPoly. The Mojo itself had sold 50000+ units, the last time that Chord posted the number (maybe 18 months ago), and so there must still be a large potential market for future Poly sales - again it makes no business sense to abandon the Poly, and these potential customers any time soon.
Again, this is just my personal view, and I hope that Chord will be shipping the Poly for several more years.
@Mojo ideas if I have posted anything untoward, just PM me and I will edit this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back