Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 26, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #11,537 of 18,752
Ones and zeros is one thing... what makes the Mojo Poly stand out is the synergy between the two devices as they’re purpose built and the custom tuned digital filters that bring the magic to the sound.
Yes to my professional audio engineers ears the two DO bring an elevated listening experience.
Merry Christmas to all and your loved ones.
Keep bringing the magic @ Team Chord!

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #11,538 of 18,752
Ones and zeros is one thing... what makes the Mojo Poly stand out is the synergy between the two devices as they’re purpose built and the custom tuned digital filters that bring the magic to the sound.
Yes to my professional audio engineers ears the two DO bring an elevated listening experience.
Merry Christmas to all and your loved ones.
Keep bringing the magic @ Team Chord!
Are there actually digital filters before DAC?

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #11,541 of 18,752
All the statements about improved sound quality of the Chord Mojo thanks to the Chord Poly is nothing more than a bold lie?

Chord never wrote or said that Chord Poly enhances the sound quality of Chord Mojo.

Chord, how do you think about the truth? Does the Chord Poly increase the sound quality of Chord Mojo?

As I’ve said beofore in this thread (only 635 posts go), “About SQ, there is not much to say except that Poly allows Mojo to sound its absolute best. This is down to these 3 things, as far as I can gather:

The Poly has a very fast, and - I assume - electrically quiet processor and circuitry custom designed for audio.
The elimination of power supply noise (when running only on battery).
The elimination of any RFI from the USB cable, all add up to better sound.

So, a few small things that really do add up.”

You may already be lucky enough to have a completely optimized system with Mojo and so won’t see any improvement from Poly. But many people have small RFI or other issues that Poly/Mojo fixes. So, Poly allows Mojo to sound its best.

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #11,542 of 18,752
Although you could have phrased that a little less aggressively I do agree. I cannot really see how something that delivers ones and zeros to a DAC can affect sound quality. Mind you, people run 3K DAP's with Mojo and swear there is an improvement.
Theres a real world tangible sonic benefit to having the phone moved away from mojo, reducing RF interference. The rest is placebo.

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #11,543 of 18,752
Theres a real world tangible sonic benefit to having the phone moved away from mojo, reducing RF interference. The rest is placebo.
If the Poly was not so problematic, according to this thread, I would buy it and enjoy it's benefits.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #11,544 of 18,752
If the Poly was not so problematic, according to this thread, I would buy it and enjoy it's benefits.
There are no more problems with poly then you’d have with any advanced gadget.
You seem to keep posting the same thing :) that you’d buy one if there wasn’t so many problems.....

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #11,545 of 18,752
There are no more problems with poly then you’d have with any advanced gadget.
You seem to keep posting the same thing :) that you’d buy one if there wasn’t so many problems.....
Oh, sorry, wasn't aware I had said that before!
It really does not sound like a consumer product.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #11,546 of 18,752
Oh, sorry, wasn't aware I had said that before!
Maybe I’m confused, but if you have a need for a mobile mojo, then poly is great.
I mainly use it at work and a bit in the car, but I also have a bedroom stereo with it as the source.
It takes a while to work out the best way to use it, but it’s really a cool piece of Hifi.
I think I’ve only ever saw 2 protest posts of someone saying they’ve sold they’re poly in over a year.

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #11,547 of 18,752
I have a few questions about the Poly:

Has Chord announced any future plans to support additional Bluetooth protocols like AAC or aptX? Or is Chord’s philosophy to focus support on WiFi?

When traveling and connecting the Poly to an IPhone’s personal hotspot, what’s the impact on battery (as compared to a bluetooth DAC/Amp)?

When using the Poly/Mojo combination, does it still drop the first few seconds of a song when changing tracks as the Mojo does?

I own many DAC/Amps, and use the Radsone ES100 and Fiio BTR3 for bluetooth capabilities; it’s surprising the convenience of separating the DAC/Amp from my iPhone when out & about. I’ve been thinking of upgrading though, either buying a Poly or an iFi xDSD (or something similar). Chord’s choice to focus on WiFi seems counterintuitive at first, though may provide some benefits. But if spending $750 for the Poly (along with the cost I’ve already invested in the Mojo), I want to make sure it’s a practical solution, whereas the $400 Ifi xDSD would be easy to use (though maybe with a small decrease in quality compared to the Mojo).

Thanks!

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #11,548 of 18,752
I exclusively listen to Tidal offline files, so that's how I would use Poly. I'm not very tech savvy so I am cautious of a device that seems to need a fair degree of knowledge to get working successfully.
A shame as I love Mojo so would like it's ideal source. The iphone works fine through a third party cable but I do take the point about RFI.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #11,549 of 18,752
I exclusively listen to Tidal offline files, so that's how I would use Poly. I'm not very tech savvy so I am cautious of a device that seems to need a fair degree of knowledge to get working successfully.
A shame as I love Mojo so would like it's ideal source. The iphone works fine through a third party cable but I do take the point about RFI.
I’d use airplay to play to poly for this scenario- works a treat.

@krismusic it’s literally as simple as starting up poly in hotspot mode, connect your iPhone to the hotspot. Play the tidal app, choose poly as the airplay destination.
There are no problems with this scenario that I personally experience.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #11,550 of 18,752
Poly-Mojo is particularly easy to get going if all you need is the same connection mode.
Mine is Airplane QuickPlay for the SD card content 95% of the time.
It has been nothing but a DELIGHT to listen to anything that takes an aux input for six months already.

It is particularly good at making average speakers sound Premium because of its absent noise background, clarity and precise bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back