Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 24, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #9,661 of 18,772
Do you know if it's possible to stream Qobuz, Tidal... in lossless, through wifi? At home or outside?
Also, how many hours lasts your battery (Poly + Mojo)? And how many times for charging both devices attached? Just to compare with mine

Mconnect also streams Qobuz and Tidal at higher resolutions...
I get about 6-7 hours depending on how much hires files I play... the higher the resolution, like DSD files the quicker the batteries deplete...
If you only stream red book files you will get more battery life ... YMMV

May 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #9,662 of 18,772
Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #9,663 of 18,772
You can use an App Store app called ak connect 2 to stream tidal to poly losslessly.
As long as you create a network between the phone and the poly you are good.
Probably more for use in the house, as you’d need to be connected to the internet to get the tidal content, and with the app, you choose poly as the speaker as such.

Thanks for this, just increased the functionality of the Mojo/Poly for me immensely! :thumbsup:

May 24, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #9,665 of 18,772
May 24, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #9,667 of 18,772
I'll chime in... Where is the Android GoFigure app?

Mojo, I'm fine with. Poly, at this point, I'm pissed off about. It is flat out falsely advertised in it's current form, and the lack of communication is appalling.

I think someone asking for updates, especially after the promised date, is completely reasonable. The _loudness_ in the response from Chord is also being heard. It's an amazing loud _silence_.

-j

May 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #9,668 of 18,772
It's still not sold
But I am asking about the GoFigure app for Android

Is that not valid for you?

C’mon, you know you’re not just asking.

I don’t care if your questions are valid or not. Your opinion is yours and that’s fine, but the snark doesn’t really contribute to the thread does it? We’ve all read the frustrations with the different configurations and I’d also like to see some word on the Android app. Adding things like ‘pfffft’ and ‘who woulda thunk’ is just reflecting what I’m sure many are already feeling so I ask, why add to it?

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #9,670 of 18,772
He's asking what I've wanted to ask every day. Call it snark or whatever, but Chord is dropping the ball here, and defending it under the guise of "that guy must be being snarky" is not helpful, either.

-j

Bah, I didn’t defend anything. I think some communication is order as well, I just (personally) would approach communication differently when asking for something. You’re 100% right though, I didn’t contribute much either. I’ll stay outta here.

May 24, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #9,671 of 18,772
Relic, I probably shouldn't have used the word "Defend" there myself. My apologies... it's easy for angst to build up in a situation like this. I think we "all" want to like the product, want it to succeed, but it feels like we're holding a hype balloon that is all but out of helium. Mojo was part of my very first foray into "audiophile" land. I added the Poly based on the specs after checking it out at my local shop.. a shop that really didn't understand the product much... I've had the Poly now for a month+ and just yesterday I received the email from my shop telling me they were going to process the charge ... I'd basically been holding on to it for the last month to try it out.. and as of last night, I actually "own" my Poly now.

I'm one who went so far as to actually _switch_ my phone from Android to iOS in order to use Glider just to try to effectively use the poly(!)... but I still want the android app for my nominal use case.

-j

May 24, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #9,672 of 18,772
The latest version of Glider should now let you to browse your SD card by folder.

Heey joe28,

When are you going to fix the multiple Poly outputs? It’s now almost June 2018 and it is still there. The Astell & Kern app doesn’t suffer from this problem (which is a free app by the way).

May 24, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #9,673 of 18,772
I'll chime in... Where is the Android GoFigure app?

I think someone asking for updates, especially after the promised date, is completely reasonable. The _loudness_ in the response from Chord is also being heard. ....

(In an old man's voice) You're new to these parts aren't you son. :wink:

I'm by no means defending Chord but do need to clarify some things as far as Android GoFigure is concerned. This is solely based on prior experience since my pre-order of Poly way back in February of 2017 then scheduled ship to retail date of June 2017 and finally actual ship to retail date of October 2017. GoFigure was, according to the original Poly User Guide available for immediate download from the App Store. Turns out that didn't happen until April 2018.

Now.....

There was no "promise" from Chord for when the Android version will be released. It was more of a vague statement of "six weeks after the GoFigure iOS app is released". Now I can understand why someone new to this whole Poly debacle may construe that as a promise. But one must first understand what a week means in the world of Chord. It is a huge equation really. It's 5 business days plus a weekend and then factors are put into the mix and don't forget the logarithm to account for. And London time. Then once that equation is established it needs to be multiplied by 6. Huge number really. If that number gets missed then we divide by zero to really stir that mathematical pot up, not to mention the universe as we know it.

So I believe right now GoFigure for Android is on schedule to be released soon(tm).

Hope this helps. :)

May 24, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #9,674 of 18,772
Relic, I probably shouldn't have used the word "Defend" there myself. My apologies... it's easy for angst to build up in a situation like this. I think we "all" want to like the product, want it to succeed, but it feels like we're holding a hype balloon that is all but out of helium. Mojo was part of my very first foray into "audiophile" land. I added the Poly based on the specs after checking it out at my local shop.. a shop that really didn't understand the product much... I've had the Poly now for a month+ and just yesterday I received the email from my shop telling me they were going to process the charge ... I'd basically been holding on to it for the last month to try it out.. and as of last night, I actually "own" my Poly now.

I'm one who went so far as to actually _switch_ my phone from Android to iOS in order to use Glider just to try to effectively use the poly(!)... but I still want the android app for my nominal use case.

-j

The reason I’ve read this thread from day one is because I was sent a Poly to beta test before it was released. I gave my feedback and my concerns to Chord and I’ve followed along with everyone else’s success and shortcomings with the Poly. There has been nothing that I could contribute that wasn’t already discussed so I've stayed out, especially given the volatile nature of some posts. I understand why John and company want to make the Poly as open as possible for a variety of reasons, but I also would like to see some sort of app eco-system from Chord to be able to control the playback of music on the mSD card on iOS and Android instead of relying on the success of third party apps.

Again, it’s all been said before and not really necessary for me to re-hash.

Actually, one tidbit of info... for those that have Bluetooth connection issues, even when the Bluetooth is on, try turning off AirDrop in iOS settings.

May 24, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #9,675 of 18,772
I will chime in here as well, even though I do not own a Poly. I hope thats ok. I know that one should not get too attached to objects emotionally (especially the ones one does not own) but for some reason the Poly release manages to push my buttons.

I have followed the thread from the day it was opened. Back than I was still using a Mojo as the first DAC with which I could dip my toes into audiophile waters. It was a revelation to me personally and the thought of it going cableless was extremely exciting. I was planning to buy one when the module was first hinted at before its release.

When the announcement of the price of the poly came I was a little less excited. But the promised features (Roon endpoint! Yay!) at least seemed to somehow justify its rather steep price. Delay after delay followed and when the Poly finally was released it was a mess. I talked to my local audio dealer and they could barely get any of their units to run reliably.

To me it seems that this is still the case for a rather large proportion of the userbase. Of course it is possible that my perception is scewed due to a vocal minority that articulares their frustration via headfi. I doubt that is the case but of course I could be wrong.

Sadly a large number of Polys promised features (which were used in justifying the steep price in the first place) are still not available. For me the lack of the Android App (and no real communication with regards to is release) symbolises this.

I think I feel frustrated because of three things particularly:

1) A company that I admire and one of whos products (Hugo 2) now forms the center of my daily enjoyment of music seems to really really be dropping the ball hard on this one. As somebody who has absolutely no idea about how good management of companies works, it subjectively seems to me that this release and its aftermath has been dealt with extremely poorly. Some arrogant answers by their representatives did not help either. It blows my mind how anybody would defend this behavior. Companies can make mistakes but should have the courage to own up to them.

2) It seems to me that not enough resources were invested to get the software side of things going. I get why, its expensive, Chord is not in the software business etc pp. But as a modern hifi company it seems to be the way forward to eliminate all possible barriers between the user and the product. KEF LS50 Wireless seems to be another decent example. So it is my laymen perspective that Chord should double down on this approach and therefore needs to get their software side of things in order. I am (hopefully superflously) very worried that the future for the company might look bleak otherwise.

3) I finally want my very own 2Go. But I am worried it wont see the light of day because Chord might decide to cancel its development due to those pesky issues with the Poly.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back