Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 24, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #9,647 of 18,742
Why are you using both glider and MPDluxe?
Not all of my music has the meta data it needs, some of it is also in wav format which poly doesn’t index at the minute (or something).
Glider also is smart, in that it tries to show you one version of each album, but sometimes it’s just easier to be able to browse your sd card in a folder style, and this is what MPDluxe is very good for.
Glider also shows album art which is nice.

May 24, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #9,648 of 18,742
Your poly locked? Just stopped working after that?

Yes, twice. Once the battery runs down, which at max is maybe 12 hours for a fully charged poly, it will work ok again once recharged.

It just seems that their is a bug that is causing some poly’s to lock up.

It’s no bigdeal, but it is a pain in the .... but she does come alive again once the battery gets depleted or like one poster mentioned, opening up poly and disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting the battery.

Both times my poly locked up, gofigure would give me “bluetooth not enabled, please swipe up to enable bluetooth”, error or something similar, seconds before poly would lock up.

Bluetooth was enabled on both ocassions.

As I said, it’s no big deal, as it does not damage poly.

Even with Poly being a bitch at times, when it works, it is exceptionally good. < I mean that, plus I need atleast one great sounding portable device that I can take into hospital with me every now and then.

Although I’ve been known to wind folk up and at times be a trolling Mother Paul Huca with regards to Poly, I have to give credit where credit is due. Poly is infinitely more usable than before and also much more user friendly. It still has its bad days however, but dont we all ?

When it comes to the crunch, Mojo combined with Polys capabilities makes the combo very hard to beat in the under £1000 price range. To be honest, I dont think it can be beat ?

If Chord can fix the lockup bug and a couple of others, £900 really is a bargain for both devices, put them into the Chord / Van Nuys premium leather case and watch everyone drool over it.

I am hoping that CanJam London is where Chord release the 2go addon for hugo2 ??? < would love for that to happen this year.

May 24, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #9,649 of 18,742
Yes, twice. Once the battery runs down, which at max is maybe 12 hours for a fully charged poly, it will work ok again once recharged.

It’s no bigdeal, but it is a pain in the .... but she does come alive again once the battery gets depleted or like one poster mentioned, opening up poly and disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting the battery.

Both times my poly locked up, gofigure would give me “bluetooth not enabled, please swipe up to enable bluetooth”, error or something similar, seconds before poly would lock up.

Even with Poly being a bitch at times, when it works, it is exceptionally good. < I mean that, plus I need atleast one great sounding portable device that I can take into hospital with me every now and then.

Although I’ve been known to wind folk up and at times be a trolling Mother Paul Huca with regards to Poly, I have to give credit where credit is due. Poly is infinitely more usable than before and also much more user friendly. It still has its bad days however, but dont we all ?

When it comes to the crunch, Mojo combined with Polys capabilities makes the combo very hard to beat in the under £1000 price range. To be honest, I dont think it can be beat ?

If Chord can fix the lockup bug and a couple of others, £900 really is a bargain for both devices, put them into the Chord / Van Nuys premium leather case and watch everyone drool over it.

True! I would like to sell mine rather sooner then later, because of the quibbles, but:

There is simply nothing on the Market that does all (or even only a subset) of what mojo with poly is capable of. I use it as my main Roon/TIDAL-DAC, as portable around home (Roon and Audirvana with TIDAL) and as ocassional High-End on the go player with a few 200GB SD-Cards and iPhone X and iPads as controller. Perfect!

May 24, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #9,650 of 18,742
Not all of my music has the meta data it needs, some of it is also in wav format which poly doesn’t index at the minute (or something).
Glider also is smart, in that it tries to show you one version of each album, but sometimes it’s just easier to be able to browse your sd card in a folder style, and this is what MPDluxe is very good for.
Glider also shows album art which is nice.

Does your aif albums appear in MPDluxe? Maybe I should use that app as an alternative to glider..

May 24, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #9,651 of 18,742

I am hoping that CanJam London is where Chord release the 2go addon for hugo2 ??? < would love for that to happen this year.

Ok, so if I drain the battery, that is, if I use the mojopoly till it runs out, then maybe it can connect to gofigure?

May 24, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #9,652 of 18,742
Glider also is smart, in that it tries to show you one version of each album, but sometimes it’s just easier to be able to browse your sd card in a folder style, and this is what MPDluxe is very good for

The latest version of Glider should now let you to browse your SD card by folder.

May 24, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #9,653 of 18,742
Still nothing eh?

Adding my voice to the request for an update on the Android app progress. You can forgive me for losing faith given how long the hardware has already been out there in the wild. Honestly, just a quick comment to let us know this product is still being fully supported, would suffice.

May 24, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #9,655 of 18,742
Adding my voice to the request for an update on the Android app progress. You can forgive me for losing faith given how long the hardware has already been out there in the wild. Honestly, just a quick comment to let us know this product is still being fully supported, would suffice.
It's a bit off that they've dropped by and promptly ignored all requests for an update. I even emailed Mitch @ Chord a couple of days ago for an update and also to suggest updating MPD (even linked him to Github update logs) in the build, as the problem of MP3s not indexing is a known issue of older versions. An issue that I walked them through a couple of months ago. Havent heard a peep.

May 24, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #9,657 of 18,742
True! I would like to sell mine rather sooner then later, because of the quibbles, but:

There is simply nothing on the Market that does all (or even only a subset) of what mojo with poly is capable of. I use it as my main Roon/TIDAL-DAC, as portable around home (Roon and Audirvana with TIDAL) and as ocassional High-End on the go player with a few 200GB SD-Cards and iPhone X and iPads as controller. Perfect!

You wanna know something ?

Ok, Poly can be a pita, pain in the, you get my drift.

But, when it works good, it owns all the rest and personally I would keep it.

Reason I say that is, there has been mention of gofigure updates, a while back it was mentioned and also the 2go addon for hugo2.

It will use gofigure to control 2go and John said it would have many more features, what those features are, I have absolutely no idea, but it shows that gofigure will be updated and hopefully the bugs get quashed.

I would be extremely surprised if the firmware we are using now and also the version of gofigure that we are using, I would really be shocked if that is the complete package and which no more updates will follow.

Seriously, the only reason I am sticking with it is because I can see the possibilities of a mature poly.

It just needs to get some bugs quashed on both poly and gofigure and possibly to tighten things up with regards to the code whilst lowering the overall resources it takes up.

Basically, to just make things smoother and once done, the mojo poly combo should last a good few years before its outdated.

Thats what I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 24, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #9,658 of 18,742
Do you know if it's possible to stream Qobuz, Tidal... in lossless, through wifi? At home or outside?
Also, how many hours lasts your battery (Poly + Mojo)? And how many times for charging both devices attached? Just to compare with mine

May 24, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #9,659 of 18,742
Do you know if it's possible to stream Qobuz, Tidal... in lossless, through wifi? At home or outside?
Also, how many hours lasts your battery (Poly + Mojo)? And how many times for charging both devices attached? Just to compare with mine
You can use an App Store app called ak connect 2 to stream tidal to poly losslessly.
As long as you create a network between the phone and the poly you are good.
Probably more for use in the house, as you’d need to be connected to the internet to get the tidal content, and with the app, you choose poly as the speaker as such.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #9,660 of 18,742
The latest version of Glider should now let you to browse your SD card by folder.
Having a quick look at the folder view feature of glider and it’s very polished - good job glider team - seems a good improvement over MPDluxe atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back