Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #8,896 of 18,828
Well, it looks like my poly is dead/stuck/dieing ?

I was in Gofigure and I decided to change the default BT pass 0000 to another 4 numbers and poly locked up after asking if I was sure that I wanted to change the pass as it would take me back to the finding poly page.

Gofigure does not detected any polys and neither does my phone.

Polys blue light is on, even though it is unplugged from mojo and no usb cable is plugged in. Plugging it back into mojo does nothing, same with usb cable, polys power light is on and cant be turned off and poly herself is ummm dead ?

I tried the pin but it does nothing, no female voice etc.

Bricked Poly ? looks like I will have to wait til her battery runs out before I will find out if its dead or not.

Just as things were starting to look good.

If it is dead and “if” I have to get it replaced with another new one, I will just get a refund, hopefully it comes back to life after the battery dies, we shall see how long an led light takes to run down a fully charged Poly.

I will be back next month if I am lucky :)

Just as I thought I was out (cured of poly problems) she pulls me back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #8,897 of 18,828
The HUGE majority of Android owners don't buy the expensive flagships, but rather more like 100 dollar or below devices.
So it's pretty logical to assume someone whom can afford to drop money on a Poly/Mojo combo (1000 bucks in itself and no less cheaper than Apple gear) is probably more likely to be iPhone and Mac users, rather than those buying 100 dollar phones.

Well, but it can also be assumed, that someone who can afford to drop money on Poly/Mojo combo has higher income, than thoce, who can't. Higher income is usually correlated with better education and higher IQ. Why such people would buy iphones?

Just tried to follow the logic I see in some recent posts.

Happy android user by choice and mojopoly owner.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #8,898 of 18,828
Well, it’s not really a logical proposition. It’s the result of market research which made those observations. Producers always try to understand the demographis of their base consumer. If a company can answer your question why this is so (eg why higher income, higher education people buy iPhones) it helps them design and sell. One major reason has been disclosed already. There are a billion cheap android phones being sold in the workd but there are no cheao iPhones. Thus, the demographic of an iPhone buyer is they must have $$$$. Having a high income does correlate with better education.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #8,899 of 18,828
True, I already use that functionality with Glider...
I'm thinking of a user scenario where taking a flight and being in flight mode (airplane mode) and still being able to control via the Apple Watch using BLE instead of wifi if this is technically possible.

Generally the Poly Hot Spot mode would work for this case. you can turn wifi on while in airplane mode. Are there certain flights where this is not allowed?

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #8,900 of 18,828
Got a question for Android users I just got the hang of how to use glider on iOS but I'm trying to figure out how to get bubble UPnP to play files from the SD to the chord mojo/ poly. I can see the files but the playback is on my phone not from mojo

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #8,901 of 18,828

I was in Gofigure and I decided to change the default BT pass 0000 to another 4 numbers and poly locked up after asking if I was sure that I wanted to change the pass as it would take me back to the finding poly page.

Polys blue light is on, even though it is unplugged from mojo and no usb cable is plugged in. Plugging it back into mojo does nothing, same with usb cable, polys power light is on and cant be turned off and poly herself is ummm dead ?

Bricked Poly ? looks like I will have to wait til her battery runs out before I will find out if its dead or not.

If it is dead and “if” I have to get it replaced with another new one, I will just get a refund, hopefully it comes back to life after the battery dies, we shall see how long an led light takes to run down a fully charged Poly.

Unplug it, make sure it is on and let it drain all the way down to off. Then plug back in to charge t back up again

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #8,903 of 18,828

Happened to mine too. Odds are, it'll be fine...

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #8,904 of 18,828
Unplug it, make sure it is on and let it drain all the way down to off. Then plug back in to charge t back up again

I am unsure if Poly is actually on or if its just the light ? at this moment its disconnected from mojo but Polys blue light is on. I will reconnect it to mojo and turn mojo on and see what shape she is in tomorrow.

Happened to mine too. Odds are, it'll be fine...

How long did you have to wait for Poly’s battery to drain ?

If Poly is physically turned on I presume she wont take long to drain the battery ? thus far, its been 2 and a half hours since she got KO’d and her light is still on blue.

I hope she isnt dead. I think she just crashed/locked up and will come back to life after the battery runs out, If somehow poly is dead and its just her led that is getting power, it could take days/weeks for her led to run the battery down and for me to then try and see if she comes back to life or not.

The fact that it’s happened to you and she came back to life gives me hope, I am going to connect them and turn them on and see how long it takes to drain the battery, hopefully by morning it will have ran out.

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #8,905 of 18,828
Some would say we’re all idiots for buying “$1200 MP3 players”... so let’s not throw stones

Was the above regarding “throwing stones” in reply to me or someone else ???

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #8,906 of 18,828
Got a question for Android users I just got the hang of how to use glider on iOS but I'm trying to figure out how to get bubble UPnP to play files from the SD to the chord mojo/ poly. I can see the files but the playback is on my phone not from mojo
Open the menu at top left, tap Local Renderer, tap Chord Poly. If Chord Poly is not shown, something is wrong.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #8,907 of 18,828
I am unsure if Poly is actually on or if its just the light ? at this moment its disconnected from mojo but Polys blue light is on. I will reconnect it to mojo and turn mojo on and see what shape she is in tomorrow.

How long did you have to wait for Poly’s battery to drain ?

If Poly is physically turned on I presume she wont take long to drain the battery ? thus far, its been 2 and a half hours since she got KO’d and her light is still on blue.

I hope she isnt dead. I think she just crashed/locked up and will come back to life after the battery runs out, If somehow poly is dead and its just her led that is getting power, it could take days/weeks for her led to run the battery down and for me to then try and see if she comes back to life or not.

The fact that it’s happened to you and she came back to life gives me hope, I am going to connect them and turn them on and see how long it takes to drain the battery, hopefully by morning it will have ran out.
Depends on how much charge it had, of course, but I’m pretty sure you’re going to be ok. The symptoms you describe are exactly the same as mine, and it just came back to life after discharging and recharging.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #8,908 of 18,828
I selected the iPhone icon, played a track and then went into More Devices and selected the ChordPlayer (Poly icon). Glider loaded for 16 seconds and then neither was selected:

I then selected ChordPlayer (Poly icon), another 16 seconds lapsed with the same results. Alternatively, if I go to More Devices, the iPhone is selected:

I then select ChordPlayer (speaker icon) and the Poly successfully plays but I think that is exclusively AirPlay - no hi-res, etc. Sometimes the ChordPlayer (Poly icon) is there. Other times, it is not.

Getting worse for me. Following standard and suggested steps. I spent the last hour managing to get a song to play before the MojoPoly came to a stop and then retrying multiple steps. If I was lucky, I'd get another song, maybe two. Finally disconnected my MojoPoly and plugged my headphones directly into the iPhone. @Matt Bartlett, any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #8,909 of 18,828
Open the menu at top left, tap Local Renderer, tap Chord Poly. If Chord Poly is not shown, something is wrong.

Thanks that worked but man I keep finding issues... So does anyone know why my pixel 2 is unable to maintain control of the poly when Ive joined the poly hotspot? Like my phone says I'm connected to the hotspot but I can't do anything and I get a wifi logo with an X. I cantacted Google they said to ask chord...

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #8,910 of 18,828
I selected the iPhone icon, played a track and then went into More Devices and selected the ChordPlayer (Poly icon). Glider loaded for 16 seconds and then neither was selected:

I then selected ChordPlayer (Poly icon), another 16 seconds lapsed with the same results. Alternatively, if I go to More Devices, the iPhone is selected:

I then select ChordPlayer (speaker icon) and the Poly successfully plays but I think that is exclusively AirPlay - no hi-res, etc. Sometimes the ChordPlayer (Poly icon) is there. Other times, it is not.

It's getting worse for me. Following the standard and suggested steps. I spent the last hour managing to get a song to play before the MojoPoly came to a stop and then retrying multiple steps. If I was lucky, I get another song, maybe two. Finally disconnected my MojoPoly and plugged my headphones directly into the iPhone. @Matt Bartlett, any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back