Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #8,911 of 18,828
if not mistaken the speaker icon would indicate playing via bluetooth or airplay ... the poly icon would be either DLNA to MPD

edit: if the Poly wasn't flashing purple then you were likely playing via airplay

I have never seen flashing purple. I get either flashing blue and green for hotspot mode and solid blue when using wifi. My new understanding (could be wrong) is that the speaker icon is airplay and the Poly icon is DLNA/MPD. MPD is activated when an SD card is inserted and will play hi-res. DLNA will play up to 44.1

Meanwhile, nothing is playing. I'm home now and reverted back to wifi and trying that now. Earlier today was all in hotspot.

Update: I was able to play using wifi, went back to hotspot and was not able to play, and the went back to wifi was not play. The P status light is yellow (what does that mean?). In hotspot and wifi, earlier and now, the songs play and the counter proceeds, but no music is forthcoming.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #8,913 of 18,828
Depends on how much charge it had, of course, but I’m pretty sure you’re going to be ok. The symptoms you describe are exactly the same as mine, and it just came back to life after discharging and recharging.

Full charge, It had basically just finished charging.

Schiit happens, we begged, pleaded and demanded gofigure, we got it even though I personally think we forced Chord into a corner and they released it to shut us the f... up, as we all were getting too rowdy.

I dont think they were ready to release it last week, I get the feeling that it was released just to pacify us, so we can’t complain when schiit happens because of it.

Hence why I dont really GAF about what happens to my Poly, if it dies it dies, if it lives, well it lives. If I was to never use my Poly again it wouldnt bother me, had I not spent the money on Poly, I would of just wasted it on some other schiit instead and I would still be down £500 today.

I would just chalk it up to one of lifes good/bad experiences, which I shall do my best to avoid in my next life.

Saying that, the bitch better work when I waken up tomorrow. :)

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #8,914 of 18,828
Didn't you say that you hadn't followed Chord's firmware upgrade process exactly? I'm pretty sure @Mojo ideas mentioned that not going through the proper somewhat convoluted steps might cause problems?

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #8,917 of 18,828
I was listening to music and reading the forum, both mojo and poly were on yellow, or green and yellow, anyway I stuck them on charge and then I read the firmware release post, my M/P was already on charge for about 10-15 minutes, after I read the post I picked it up and turned it off and rebooted, when I picked it up it had white lights for charging.

A forced update is either going to work or not, plus poly had been working as expected with the exception of playlists for a few days, for first time since I bought it I was finally starting to enjoy it.

I very much doubt me picking it up and rebooting had any effect, if it did, well the only thing I can say is, thats what happens when you force firmware updates, it would of been much safer in my opinion to have a small file that we download, check md5 to make sure its all correct and proper, then plug in usb cable and press go, with or without onscreen instructions.

That would of been in my opinion a much safer way of doing it and I am sure we are all capable of such things.

Plus, I very much doubt anyone followed the instruction to the letter, I expect folks just plugged it in and left it for however long and rebooted and checked to see if it had worked.

I can pretty much guarantee thats how it happened for the majority of folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 12, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #8,918 of 18,828
Apr 12, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #8,919 of 18,828
I just reinstalled Gofigure and Glider. Glider installed fine. I'm getting a solid red in the P status light on the Poly. What does that mean?

Edit- and now solid white and back to red after rebooting. Is this the Poly reading the SD card? It is a small card with ~100 songs.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #8,920 of 18,828
Several owners have posted solutions to play list issues, during the last two days. Have you read those posts, in case the solution is there?

Yes, I read.
I am using QuickPlay with Bluetooth only.
So I do not use the IP address in the playlist.

The playlist needs to consist of file paths - and not network addresses (192.168.etc).
Eg - my SD card has a Folder called "MUSIC" within which it has Artist Folders, within these Album folders.
M3U files are very simple and can be edited in a common text editor.
So for example a simple MPD playlist to play an album for me would consist of the text lines:

MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/01-Aphex_Twin-Minipops_67_(Source_Field_Mix).flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/02-Aphex_Twin-XMAS_EVET10_(Thanaton3_Mix).flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/03-Aphex_Twin-Produk_29.flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/04-Aphex_Twin-4_bit_9d_api_e_6.flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/05-Aphex_Twin-180db_.flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/06-Aphex_Twin-CIRCLONT6A_(Syrobonkus_Mix).flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/07-Aphex_Twin-Fz_pseudotimestretch_e_3.flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/08-Aphex_Twin-CIRCLONT14_(Shrymoming_Mix).flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/09-Aphex_Twin-Syro_u473t8_e_(Piezoluminescence_Mix).flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/10-Aphex_Twin-PAPAT4_(Pineal_Mix).flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/11-Aphex_Twin-S950tx16wasr10_(Earth_Portal_Mix).flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/12-Aphex_Twin-Aisatsana.flac
MUSIC/Aphex Twin/SYRO (2014)/13 - MARCHROMT30A edit 2b 96 [104.98].flac

saved as eg "Aphex Twin - Syro.m3u" to the root of the card.
Fwiw Android M.A.L.P can generate and save these directly to Poly.

I think that using this solution both my playlists are not wrong, but do you have any advice?
This ali.m3u and taka.m3u are written in the same format, but taka.m3u is not playable.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #8,921 of 18,828
I just reinstalled Gofigure and Glider. Glider installed fine. I'm getting a solid red in the P status light on the Poly. What does that mean?

Edit- and now solid white and back to red after rebooting. Is this the Poly reading the SD card? It is a small card with ~100 songs.

Solid red on poly would mean that you have less than 25% or so of battery life left.

White means its charging.

If poly is indexing the sd card, it flashes red, green and blue.

Your Poly needs charging, I have a fully charged poly I could swap you for if interested ?

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #8,922 of 18,828
Solid red on poly would mean that you have less than 25% or so of battery life left.

White means its charging.

If poly is indexing the sd card, it flashes red, green and blue.

Your Poly needs charging, I have a fully charged poly I could swap you for if interested ?

That's what I've heard. No thanks...

Thanks for clarifying the colors. I was so focused on the M status light for power, forgot that the P status light also indicates power for the Poly.
Maybe tomorrow (11:10 PM here) will be a better day for both of us.

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #8,923 of 18,828
This morning I tried to switch the Poly to Hotpot mode using Gofigure. It successfully disconnected from my home wifi but it didn't switch to hotspot mode. I have no way to connect it to Gofigure again. The solid blue light is still on and seems like I have to wait for its battery to drain. I tried to use the pin tool to switch mode manually but it didn't respond also

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #8,924 of 18,828
This morning I tried to switch the Poly to Hotpot mode using Gofigure. It successfully disconnected from my home wifi but it didn't switch to hotspot mode. I have no way to connect it to Gofigure again. The solid blue light is still on and seems like I have to wait for its battery to drain. I tried to use the pin tool to switch mode manually but it didn't respond also

Same as me and it looks like poly is dead as if it was on but just locked up/frozen, the battery should of atleast ran down and changed colour, but the led is still turned on and blue and its been 8 hours since this happened.

I can forsee the battery taking weeks to run down if its just a led using it, I wouldnt be surprised if its months as these batteries hold a decent charge and an led will take ages to drain the battery.

If I had the correct size of allen key I would open it up and disconnect and reconnect the battery, but no, I wont be doing that.

Macy Gray Stripped 24/192 + Hugo 2 , will help me get to sleep. Although an ugly bird, she does have a beautiful voice.

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #8,925 of 18,828
Same as me and it looks like poly is dead as if it was on but just locked up/frozen, the battery should of atleast ran down and changed colour, but the led is still turned on and blue and its been 8 hours since this happened.

I can forsee the battery taking weeks to run down if its just a led using it, I wouldnt be surprised if its months as these batteries hold a decent charge and an led will take ages to drain the battery.

If I had the correct size of allen key I would open it up and disconnect and reconnect the battery, but no, I wont be doing that.

Macy Gray Stripped 24/192 + Hugo 2 , will help me get to sleep. Although an ugly bird, she does have a beautiful voice.

Even I can't see it connected to my home wifi (airport extreme), an app called Fing reports the Poly is still on my network and has a IP address. Now I keep pinging that ip address and hope it drain its battery faster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back