Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #8,866 of 18,829
Jeremy

I purchased Dapper last night and it's great - Amazing app dude! Can't believe I didn't know about it before...

I've been playing around with different 'playlist strategies' which is actually a lot of fun! :-D

I really recommend it for anyone who isn't using it!!!

Thanks much for the note...

The Poly-enabled-with-Album-Playlists version isn't on the App Store yet.... Is in with Apple for approval. Lets see how long it takes.

I have to day, I thought you all were madmen for wanting to make a playlist-per-album. I have to admit it works well - I just have the playlist as a smart playlist with the last 750 tracks and it works great... :)

After this next release I'll be adding in some speed optimizations too.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #8,867 of 18,829
Thanks much for the note...

The Poly-enabled-with-Album-Playlists version isn't on the App Store yet.... Is in with Apple for approval. Lets see how long it takes.

I have to day, I thought you all were madmen for wanting to make a playlist-per-album. I have to admit it works well - I just have the playlist as a smart playlist with the last 750 tracks and it works great... :)

After this next release I'll be adding in some speed optimizations too.

I'd rather have larger playlists that I can just use to shuffle! For listening to individual artists/albums I'll be sticking to Glider rather than GoFigure - At least you get Album art and can utilise iOS player controls when the app is closed!

Dapper + Glider really improve the MojoPoly experience for me!

Apr 12, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #8,869 of 18,829
Slight problem/glitch ?

Had poly working great yesterday, all modes worked smoothly and the quick play playlists were working as expected once created and edited.

After using poly last night, I turned off mojo/poly and then closed gofigure app on my phone, I then put my phone down and never touched it again til this morning.

Today I turned on poly, I then got my phone and started gofigure and I kept getting this error.

“Blue tooth is not enabled on this device, please scroll up from the bottom and enable bluetooth”

The error was similar to the above ^ but, bluetooth was already enabled on my phone and all my other BT devices were showing as being paired but not connected to the phone at that time, which would be correct.

Poly was not showing up in the BT device list even though it had already been paired yesterday, My phone did however see a “Misc” named device that had not yet been paired ???

I turned mojo/poly off and then on and the same thing happened, I closed gofigure and went into my phones bluetooth settings, I disabled BT and re-enabled it and then opened gofigure and again I got the BT error.

I eventually got gofigure to see my phones bluetooth connection, how I solved it I do not know as the only things I done were, turning mojo/poly on and off and disabled and re-enabled bluetooth on my phone and also closed and opened gofigure multiple times.

It took about 15 minutes before gofigure would see that BT was enabled and to allow me to see/control Poly via the app.

Also yesterday I noticed that in the bluetooth settings on my phone their were two polys ?

I deleted them both and then let poly and the phone re-pair, but that was early yesterday morning and I dont think it had any bearing on the problem I encountered today.

Overall, the Poly/Gofigure experience ( although at times tedious, e.g playlist problem ) has been a good one and makes using poly so much easier and smoother.

Yesterday I was testing how poly would handle switching modes on the fly whilst listening to music.

Whilst changing modes on the fly I would get 1 second more or less of slight interruption of the music as it changed modes and continued the playback more or less unaffected.

I think that is excellent because;

If I were to try changing sound outputs on my pc when music was actively being played in Roon or Jriver and “if” the output device’s were set so that programs/apps could take exclusive control of them.

Not only would it take more than 1 second to do so, it would also kill the music altogether. Thats using i7 6700k with 32gig memory.

I cant help but be impressed with Poly now that Gofigure is doing all the hardwork.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #8,871 of 18,829
The 2 Bluetooth Poly connections are for Audio and Control.
Android version can't come quickly enough!!!
It would be great if we could identify which BT connection was for what... hard to distinguish which one is the control and which is the audio as they look the same...

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #8,872 of 18,829
Slight problem/glitch ?

Had poly working great yesterday, all modes worked smoothly and the quick play playlists were working as expected once created and edited.

After using poly last night, I turned off mojo/poly and then closed gofigure app on my phone, I then put my phone down and never touched it again til this morning.

Today I turned on poly, I then got my phone and started gofigure and I kept getting this error.

“Blue tooth is not enabled on this device, please scroll up from the bottom and enable bluetooth”

The error was similar to the above ^ but, bluetooth was already enabled on my phone and all my other BT devices were showing as being paired but not connected to the phone at that time, which would be correct.

Poly was not showing up in the BT device list even though it had already been paired yesterday, My phone did however see a “Misc” named device that had not yet been paired ???

I turned mojo/poly off and then on and the same thing happened, I closed gofigure and went into my phones bluetooth settings, I disabled BT and re-enabled it and then opened gofigure and again I got the BT error.

I eventually got gofigure to see my phones bluetooth connection, how I solved it I do not know as the only things I done were, turning mojo/poly on and off and disabled and re-enabled bluetooth on my phone and also closed and opened gofigure multiple times.

It took about 15 minutes before gofigure would see that BT was enabled and to allow me to see/control Poly via the app.

Also yesterday I noticed that in the bluetooth settings on my phone their were two polys ?

I deleted them both and then let poly and the phone re-pair, but that was early yesterday morning and I dont think it had any bearing on the problem I encountered today.

Overall, the Poly/Gofigure experience ( although at times tedious, e.g playlist problem ) has been a good one and makes using poly so much easier and smoother.

Yesterday I was testing how poly would handle switching modes on the fly whilst listening to music.

Whilst changing modes on the fly I would get 1 second more or less of slight interruption of the music as it changed modes and continued the playback more or less unaffected.

I think that is excellent because;

If I were to try changing sound outputs on my pc when music was actively being played in Roon or Jriver and “if” the output device’s were set so that programs/apps could take exclusive control of them.

Not only would it take more than 1 second to do so, it would also kill the music altogether. Thats using i7 6700k with 32gig memory.

I cant help but be impressed with Poly now that Gofigure is doing all the hardwork.

Had the same experience this evening with GoFigure saying bluetooth is not enabled but in my iPhone it was... somehow as if the Poly and the iPhone pairing was forgotten...
I toggled bluetooth off and on again and saw the "misc" device that after a minute turned into the Poly's name. Trying to pair it kept telling me the wrong password for 5 times.
I then force closed GoFigure and restarted the app and all was fine again. Go figure what went wrong...

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #8,873 of 18,829
It would be great if we could identify which BT connection was for what... hard to distinguish which one is the control and which is the audio as they look the same...

On my iPhone the control Bluetooth connection has no i in a circle to get more info, while the regular bluetooth for playback does.

Image-1.png

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #8,874 of 18,829
Last night, my MojoPoly with Gofigure and Glider were working perfectly. I really enjoyed how everything worked and more importantly, how everything sounded. @joe28 provided great support (thank you Joe!), but I thought I'd bring it here for other thoughts and to share any solutions folks may provide.

So that was last night. This morning, I'm back to DLNA (speaker icon in Glider) and no MPD (Poly icon in Glider) which means no hi-res music and DLNA stuttering followed by a brief acceleration as if Glider is trying to catch up. I'm alsoi unable to play music of the card. I ejected and reinserted the card to see if that would take care of the problem. Not so lucky.

I attached a few screenshots:
2018-04-12 10_59_14-Gmail - Glider Help.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro.png

1) ChordPlayer (my local name) is identified at the bottom of the screen;
2) ChordPlayer with an iPhone icon is auto-selected playing DLNA;
3) I tap on More Devices and ChordPlayer is selected with the speaker icon (I didn't change anything);
4) I tap on ChordPlayer with the Poly icon and Glider spins for a while;
5) When it stops, I tap on the screen and hit the play button. The song proceeds but I don't hear anything.

Joe suggested that I
go to command center from the lock screen and de-select ChordPlayer from there before going into Glider and selecting ChordPlayer with the picture of the Poly on it. This seems to be an issue with the Poly firmware not disconnecting from AirPlay even though MPD commands are being sent to it.
That fixed it last night, but not today. @Matt Bartlett, others, what might you suggest? Thanks.

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #8,876 of 18,829
so safe to assume that the one without the "i" is the BLE control connection, thanks for figuring that out :wink:

I believe it is as it shows connected and the regular bluetooth shows unconnected which was the case when I took the image. And thanks :)

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #8,877 of 18,829
Last night, my MojoPoly with Gofigure and Glider were working perfectly. I really enjoyed how everything worked and more importantly, how everything sounded. @joe28 provided great support (thank you Joe!), but I thought I'd bring it here for other thoughts and to share any solutions folks may provide.

So that was last night. This morning, I'm back to DLNA (speaker icon in Glider) and no MPD (Poly icon in Glider) which means no hi-res music and DLNA stuttering followed by a brief acceleration as if Glider is trying to catch up. I'm alsoi unable to play music of the card. I ejected and reinserted the card to see if that would take care of the problem. Not so lucky.

3) I tap on More Devices and ChordPlayer is selected with the speaker icon (I didn't change anything);
5) When it stops, I tap on the screen and hit the play button. The song proceeds but I don't hear anything.

Joe suggested that I
go to command center from the lock screen and de-select ChordPlayer from there before going into Glider and selecting ChordPlayer with the picture of the Poly on it. This seems to be an issue with the Poly firmware not disconnecting from AirPlay even though MPD commands are being sent to it.
That fixed it last night, but not today. @Matt Bartlett, others, what might you suggest? Thanks.
if not mistaken the speaker icon would indicate playing via bluetooth or airplay ... the poly icon would be either DLNA to MPD

edit: if the Poly wasn't flashing purple then you were likely playing via airplay

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #8,878 of 18,829

Joe suggested that I

Ok it looks like you might have connected to Airplay on your phone. If the phone still has Airplay selected then it may automatically try and connect even if Poly is no longer available
and switched off and then this locks out MPD/DLNA playback from working. So try playing music directly to the iPhone speaker through Glider first. If this works then go back and try and select ChordPlayer with the Poly icon in Glider to see what happens.

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #8,880 of 18,829
Been playing with the GoFigure app with the Poly in Airplane mode... playing a playlist at random that contains all albums ^_^
@Matt Bartlett any plans to have GoFigure compatible with Apple Watch? Would love to have the quickplay controls on the Apple Watch so I can see what’s playing and skip, pause and play via the Apple Watch:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back