Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #8,851 of 18,828
Hey gang,

I'm having issues with the Go-Figure app.

On my iPad (firmware 9.3.5), upon opening the app, it immediately shows a "play" icon with a line through it.

I can't get past this screen.

Any ideas?
Search for the posts about Ipad v4, and ipad air.
It seems that they have an incompatability with installing the app.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #8,852 of 18,828
I have a question is there a way I can use Bluetooth to control content on the SD card? So far I can create a wifi hotspot to useuglider but my iPad is then unable to use the internet at the same time.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #8,855 of 18,828
There's an interesting post on the Hugo 2 thread about the lack of " "full SD control using the GoFigure App". While I certainly enjoy Polymojo as is, for me, full SD playback control over BLE (and no wifi) would be the ideal model for offline SD card listening (ie. I'd have wifi on for Roon Endpoint playback, but only BLE for SD playback).

I wonder if Glider & Chord could work together to come up with a hybrid wifi/BLE solution? I'm guessing BLE control is pretty limited, but perhaps there's a model where Glider could sync it's metadata/artwork database on the phone using wifi (as a one-time-setup whenever SD content is changed), but then send playback control commands from Glider to Poly over BLE?

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #8,856 of 18,828
We are still investigating this but currently we have been unable to repeat it. Poly always appears in Bubble.
Can you or anyone else experiencing this issue confirm to me whether you get the same thing with another DLNA app such as Sesam Music.
Also is your phone/tablet running Bubble on the same WiFi network all running 2.4GHz?
In my home, Poly is usable on a dedicated network Devolo DLAN 500 WIFI.
After i read your post. I start Mojopoly.
Bubble was open in my S8 since yesterday. I see in Bubble that Poly is not there. I turn off and on Bubble and no Poly. Then i restart my S8 and Poly is there. It was not the first time since 1.0.26.
Generaly with 1.0.17, i need to restart BubbleUPnP after i had started Poly.
I was thinking that BubbleUPnP needs this procedure. But i never restarted my S3 or my S8 before.
Edit: i will try Sesame the next time that BubbleUpnp will not see Poly.

Edit2 : I have used Sesame a little and turned off.
After i start BubbleUPnP and select "local player" then i start bluetooth and i select my Poly.

Now for the first time : Bluetooth audio works without interruptions with my S8.

Do not ask me why, please.:ksc75smile::o2smile::dt880smile:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #8,857 of 18,828
Since i read the procedure friday to update the firmware on the Chord site i was thinking: How can i be sure that my S8 forget the bluetooth parameter of my S8.

So yesterday, i have reseted all the network parameters of my smartphone S8:
WIFI and bluetooth and hotspot.
it could be the origin of my solution.

Maybe this should be written in the Chord procedure.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #8,858 of 18,828
@Matt Bartlett

Hello Matt,

There are playlists that can not be played including Japanese.
The character code is UTF-8.
What is the difference?

Playable:
ali.jpg

ali.m3u
Music/ALI PROJECT/愛と誠 ~YAMATO & LOVExxx [Disc 1]/1-01 - 愛と誠.flac
Music/ALI PROJECT/愛と誠 ~YAMATO & LOVExxx [Disc 1]/1-02 - 勇侠青春謳.flac
Music/ALI PROJECT/愛と誠 ~YAMATO & LOVExxx [Disc 1]/1-03 - 神風.flac

File Path:
ali-cmd.jpg

Can not play:
taka.jpg

taka.m3u
Music/高橋真梨子/the best ~STANDARDS~ [Disc 1]/1-01 - 桃色吐息.flac
Music/高橋真梨子/the best ~STANDARDS~ [Disc 1]/1-02 - 連絡.flac
Music/高橋真梨子/the best ~STANDARDS~ [Disc 1]/1-03 - ランナー.flac

File Path:
taka-cmd.jpg

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #8,859 of 18,828
@Matt Bartlett

Hello Matt,

There are playlists that can not be played including Japanese.
The character code is UTF-8.
What is the difference?

Playable:

ali.m3u
Music/ALI PROJECT/愛と誠 ~YAMATO & LOVExxx [Disc 1]/1-01 - 愛と誠.flac
Music/ALI PROJECT/愛と誠 ~YAMATO & LOVExxx [Disc 1]/1-02 - 勇侠青春謳.flac
Music/ALI PROJECT/愛と誠 ~YAMATO & LOVExxx [Disc 1]/1-03 - 神風.flac

File Path:

Can not play:

taka.m3u
Music/高橋真梨子/the best ~STANDARDS~ [Disc 1]/1-01 - 桃色吐息.flac
Music/高橋真梨子/the best ~STANDARDS~ [Disc 1]/1-02 - 連絡.flac
Music/高橋真梨子/the best ~STANDARDS~ [Disc 1]/1-03 - ランナー.flac

File Path:
Several owners have posted solutions to play list issues, during the last two days. Have you read those posts, in case the solution is there?

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #8,860 of 18,828
We are still investigating this but currently we have been unable to repeat it. Poly always appears in Bubble.
Can you or anyone else experiencing this issue confirm to me whether you get the same thing with another DLNA app such as Sesam Music.
Also is your phone/tablet running Bubble on the same WiFi network all running 2.4GHz?

Thanks for responding Matt! Yes both phone and Poly is on the same 2.4GHz network. Only other app I have tried is Hi-Fi Cast and the behaviour of Poly is the same as in BubbleUPnP. I can try Sesam Music also to see if there is any difference.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #8,861 of 18,828
How to make a playlist for Gofigure
1) Put Poly on the same WiFi network as the computer running Cantata https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata/releases
2) Run Cantata
1.png
3)Press - Preferences
2.png
Name - any
Host - Poly IP (can see in wifi router or in Gofigure) and press OK
6.jpg
4)go to Folders menu in left side
5) right click on music folder - select add to playlist
3.png
6) enter play list name
4.png
press ok
7)run Gofigure - enjoy!
5.jpg
N.B. on next reboot Poly Refresh DLNA database - P-status -flash "red and blue" -
because Cantata create new playlist in root of SD card. Wait to complite!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #8,862 of 18,828
1) Put Poly on the same WiFi network as the computer running Cantata https://github.com/CDrummond/cantata/releases
2) Run Cantata
3)Press - Preferences
Name - any
6) enter play list name
press ok
7)run Gofigure - enjoy!
N.B. on next reboot Poly Refresh DLNA database - P-status -flash "red and blue" -
Excellent stuff - great that Cantata is platform agnostic too. Might be good to add this to the Poly wiki.

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #8,863 of 18,828
2) Run Cantata
3)Press - Preferences
Name - any
6) enter play list name
press ok
7)run Gofigure - enjoy!
Just tried this and works great! I did have to delete some duplicates from the list that started with a ._ in from of the track names...
But after deleting those everything works as expected, no problems with hi-res nor DSD files.
It would be even better if the quickplay option could display album art and file type, but then it wouldn't be called quickplay :wink:

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #8,864 of 18,828
Excellent stuff - great that Cantata is platform agnostic too. Might be good to add this to the Poly wiki.
I will add the Mac run-through. :)

Instead of typing in the Poly IP address, you can enter. PolyName.local on Mac systems.
For Example, I enter JeremyPoly.local since my Poly name is JeremyPoly

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #8,865 of 18,828
I will add the Mac run-through. :)

Jeremy

I purchased Dapper last night and it's great - Amazing app dude! Can't believe I didn't know about it before...

I've been playing around with different 'playlist strategies' which is actually a lot of fun! :-D

I really recommend it for anyone who isn't using it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back