Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 11, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #8,836 of 18,774
Finally i think, i made a playlist in foobar, saved it, opened it in notepad++, the sd card starts with L:\ so I chose the REPLACE function at the top of notepad++ once you choose replace, the top line is what you are looking for, in my case it was just this L:\ so that is what I typed into the empty space and the bottom line is what you want to replace the top line with, in my case I left the bottom line empty.

Once done save it and stick it back into poly.

Argh, this forum software is a pain in the arse, especially on an ipad..

Long story short.

Here is the steps.

Make a playlist in foobar or wherever, save it, open in notepad++.

Once opened, if there is an Lan/internal ip address at the start of every song in your playlist or if there is a letter pointing to a hard drive/folder on your computer, then look for the REPLACE option in one of the pull down menus at the top of notepad++.

In the replace window their is two empty lines, the top line is what you are searching for, in my case I was searching for every instance of L:\ yours will probably be different, L:\ was at the beginning of every song in my playlist and I needed 5000 of them deleted.

The bottom empty line is what you want to replace the top line with, in my case I just wanted every instance of L:\ deleted and not replaced with anything, to do that you leave the bottom empty line empty.

Push ok and you will notice whatever it is that you wanted deleted or changed, will be done.

Save the text file and close notepad++.

Remove sd card fom your computer and put it back in poly.

Job done.

Playlists now/should work over bluetooth and everything else.

Just to add.

Now that I have Poly down, it will be used atleast 10 times more than Hugo2, simply due to its mobility, no wire solution, great sound and how could I forget about its sexy black and red case.

UPDATE:

Poly works in ALL modes and also reads the Playlist correctly, now that I have everything working as it should, I can only say that Poly is a stunning bit of kit, truth be told I thought I would never use Poly outside of roon mode because it was too fickle to use.

Gofigure really has transformed Poly for me.

Sorry I did not explicitly show how to do the search/replace option in a text editor as you have now detailed above. In my line of work this is so often done with files with many thousands of text line I just took it for granted that the text substitute was self-evident. I was more worried about causing offence by going into too much detail :)

Still if you got there in the end that's all that matters.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #8,837 of 18,774
Unfortunately it doesnt help me since I use spotify, not tidal. And while I think its great that there are potential options, but all the options right now just feel like workarounds that rely on other software to hopefully work around the limitations of the poly, limitations that right now exist because of features that were promised but just havent materialized yet.

And this isnt a huge complaint, john franks post just felt very much like apple telling everyone they were holding their phones wrong instead of owning up to the limitations that exist. And I hope they understand that the frustration here is because features are just missing, and all the workarounds are less than optimal.

Rather, I think the root of the problem is that B L E is a technology that has existed theoretically for years but is only beginning to be put into practice. Chord, being a forerunner, became the stuffing turkey.
First round with Appel, second round with android.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #8,838 of 18,774
Sorry I did not explicitly show how to do the search/replace option in a text editor as you have now detailed above. In my line of work this is so often done with files with many thousands of text line I just took it for granted that the text substitute was self-evident. I was more worried about causing offence by going into too much detail :)

Still if you got there in the end that's all that matters.

I was going to reply with n****a please, but I thought I would forgo the pleasantries and just come out with the truth.

In my line of work notepad is only good for reading .nfo files

:wink:

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #8,839 of 18,774
And this isnt a huge complaint, john franks post just felt very much like apple telling everyone they were holding their phones wrong instead of owning up to the limitations that exist.
I look at it from a different perspective. He was providing you with an engineers description, of why the product was designed the way that it was.
The product clearly does not meet your needs, but that does not invalidate JFs explanation.
All product designs represent a solution that attempts to satisfy a compromise of multiple competing design drivers (eg size, cost, weight, etc...).
For the Poly one of the compromises was that to have the bluetooth capability that you want, may have meant that the poly case needed to be twice as large - presumably then someone else would have complained that mojopoly was too heavy, or would not fit in their pocket, or something similar. :slight_smile:

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #8,840 of 18,774
I look at it from a different perspective. He was providing you with an engineers description, of why the product was designed the way that it was.
The product clearly does not meet your needs, but that does not invalidate JFs explanation.
All product designs represent a solution that attempts to satisfy a compromise of multiple competing design drivers (eg size, cost, weight, etc...).
For the Poly one of the compromises was that to have the bluetooth capability that you want, may have meant that the poly case needed to be twice as large - presumably then someone else would have complained that mojopoly was too heavy, or would not fit in their pocket, or something similar. :slight_smile:

Totally valid. And the point of my original post earlier wasnt necessarily to call him out, but to explain that even though we might not be using it to the design specifications, and are using it in a way that is less than optimal, the frustration is because its the only option for at least one major usage scenario. So, when he tells the users that and instead tells us to use the superior wifi methods, thats all well and good... except that the product doesnt have the features necessary to use the superior wifi methods in all cases. I get that its hard to cover every possible use case, but I hope the frustration is clear. Bluetooth meant as a fallback would be fine if it was just that, a fall back. But as of right now, at least for android spotify users, there is no other way to do it.

And when spotify integration is in the manual, and google cast functionality has been promised, but doesnt exist yet. It feels kind of like a slap in the face to be told not to use bluetooth and instead use the better wifi methods... that dont exist yet. So my posts were really just about that frustration when bluetooth is the only option. I would gladly, gladly, use wifi methods for everything and be happy with the reduced quality of bluetooth as a fallback, but until I am actually able to use wifi for all my use cases, then sadly the issues with bluetooth become real usage issues and not simply a fringe case or a case of me using it in a way they didnt intend.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #8,841 of 18,774
For Dapper for Mac users - this should hit by week end:

Hi Jeremy,
i bought Dapper two days ago but didnt have enogh time to look into it til the weekend. iTunes isnt important to me, i use Roon. I want to show Dapper my (on mac mounted) sd card and simply want playlists for every album it finds on the card. Normally, i don‘t use playlists at all, i‘m an album type guy. Ideally i should be able to select one or a few albums from a list from which Dapper sould make 1 Playlist to go. Is this possibke? Could Dapper eventually be friend for Roon‘s Database?

Thanks

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #8,842 of 18,774
Totally valid. And the point of my original post earlier wasnt necessarily to call him out, but to explain that even though we might not be using it to the design specifications, and are using it in a way that is less than optimal, the frustration is because its the only option for at least one major usage scenario. So, when he tells the users that and instead tells us to use the superior wifi methods, thats all well and good... except that the product doesnt have the features necessary to use the superior wifi methods in all cases. I get that its hard to cover every possible use case, but I hope the frustration is clear. Bluetooth meant as a fallback would be fine if it was just that, a fall back. But as of right now, at least for android spotify users, there is no other way to do it.

And when spotify integration is in the manual, and google cast functionality has been promised, but doesnt exist yet. It feels kind of like a slap in the face to be told not to use bluetooth and instead use the better wifi methods... that dont exist yet. So my posts were really just about that frustration when bluetooth is the only option. I would gladly, gladly, use wifi methods for everything and be happy with the reduced quality of bluetooth as a fallback, but until I am actually able to use wifi for all my use cases, then sadly the issues with bluetooth become real usage issues and not simply a fringe case or a case of me using it in a way they didnt intend.
Yes, you were clear that you weren't having a dig. I was merely trying to describe things from a different viewpoint, hopefully so that some of the other thousands of readers of this thread, would have some additional context to help them understand the situation. :slight_smile:

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #8,843 of 18,774
Hi Jeremy,
i bought Dapper two days ago but didnt have enogh time to look into it til the weekend. iTunes isnt important to me, i use Roon. I want to show Dapper my (on mac mounted) sd card and simply want playlists for every album it finds on the card. Normally, i don‘t use playlists at all, i‘m an album type guy. Ideally i should be able to select one or a few albums from a list from which Dapper sould make 1 Playlist to go. Is this possibke? Could Dapper eventually be friend for Roon‘s Database?

Thanks

Its using the album info as per iTunes to do all this, so I wouldn't think so. Id go secure a refund from Apple :)

I could look into it, but you may be better off with a simpler utility to generate playlists. I want to finish this up and then I will take a look to see how to help everyone else. I may throw a utility together specifically.

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #8,844 of 18,774
I have had this issue ever since the pre Christmas firmware update. On my home wifi Poly is discoverable for only a few seconds before disappearing and needing a reboot to reappear. In my house my main router is rather new and I use one new repeater and one slightly older one. What I have found is that Poly is always discoverable on the older repeater but has mentioned problem on the two newer ones. I´m pretty sure it has to do with this issue that Jeremy has described for us here: http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-issues-igmp
I´m a little puzzled that Chord haven´t ironed this one out with the latest FW update (I have made them aware of the issues I´m experiencing, but they say they have never experienced this with BubbleUPnP).
My solution so far that works is to have the BubbleUPnP app open when powering on Poly in order to "catch" it as both a renderer and library. Once "caught" it remains as long as BubbleUPnP is active (also in the background if exiting the app).

@Matt Bartlett maybe you could be so kind as to investigate this for us?

We are still investigating this but currently we have been unable to repeat it. Poly always appears in Bubble.
Can you or anyone else experiencing this issue confirm to me whether you get the same thing with another DLNA app such as Sesam Music.
Also is your phone/tablet running Bubble on the same WiFi network all running 2.4GHz?

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #8,845 of 18,774
Ivs just tried to load a 128GB microSD with tracks to see how the quickplay feature works on the Go Figure app on a iPad. when I try to connect it says its not finding the card or its indexing. However Ive waited quite some time as well as reinstalling the card and rebooting the poly/mojo and it still does not work. Is anyone having this issue or am I missing something? Also when using bluetooth to stream media to the poly Im getting lots of background noise in all kind of settings on the go or even at my desk both cases the poly is a few inches away only, does anyone know whats causing this as well?

So far im very unimpressed with this.... so sad

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #8,846 of 18,774
Ivs just tried to load a 128GB microSD with tracks to see how the quickplay feature works on the Go Figure app on a iPad. when I try to connect it says its not finding the card or its indexing. However Ive waited quite some time as well as reinstalling the card and rebooting the poly/mojo and it still does not work. Is anyone having this issue or am I missing something? Also when using bluetooth to stream media to the poly Im getting lots of background noise in all kind of settings on the go or even at my desk both cases the poly is a few inches away only, does anyone know whats causing this as well?

I have notice that sometime the Gofigure app causes it to reindex when you run it. I would suggest a fresh reformat of the card to FAT file system...

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #8,847 of 18,774

I would format the card as exfat if using windows, leave at the default settings and quick format.

Once done copy your music back onto it, make a playlist using whatever software you use to listen to music, a playlist is vital for quick play.

After you make the playlist file, check it with notepad++ or similar program, select edit and open the file.

Once opened, if you see every music file starts with either 192.168 or 10.0 etc or starts with a location for a harddrive on your computer, example C:\ then you will have to delete these for every song.

If you do need to delete them and dont know how to, their is posts a few pages back that explains the process.

You only need to delete them if you plan to use the sd card in poly whilst away from your home/work wifi connection, if poly will never be used outside then their is no need to delete them if you have a music server running 24/7

Once done, insert into poly when she is turned off, turn poly on and the top light on poly should flash red blue green for a few minutes until its finished indexing and making a couple of files on your sd card.

You have to leave a little space free for the indexing files on the sd card, I cant remember but I am sure its less than 100mb.

Once indexed, start gofigure app and find poly, once found goto the quick play feature and if done properly the playlist should be at the top of the screen, select it and it should automatically start playing.

As long as the sd card is formatted in exfat and some music files are on it and a playlist has been made and is also on the sd card, poly should see it.

As far as I am aware, a playlist is needed for quickplay to work ? I couldnt get quick play to work without one.

If it still doesnt work, I would then use the factory reset option on gofigure and start the process again.

I would also delete the gofigure app and redownload.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #8,848 of 18,774
Is this where people have been using that glider app to use the sd card to be able to listen to tracks w/o being in a playlist?

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #8,849 of 18,774
Hey gang,

I'm having issues with the Go-Figure app.

On my iPad (firmware 9.3.5), upon opening the app, it immediately shows a "play" icon with a line through it.

I can't get past this screen.

Any ideas?

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #8,850 of 18,774
Is this where people have been using that glider app to use the sd card to be able to listen to tracks w/o being in a playlist?

I suppose it is if you are using Glider.

Quick Play however is not Glider.

It would be great if gofigure would automatically scan the sd card when you first put it in and also generate its own playlist/database for all file types that are supported.

That would great, we would only need to transfer new music onto the sd card as is on pc/mac and then insert into poly and wait a few minutes whilst it indexes and your entire library is auto detected and ready to use in quick play.

Possibly in the future something like that may happen ? I think 2go for hugo2 will have something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back