Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #8,671 of 18,757
Still finding my way around...

So as I understand it, I can use hotspot mode when I don't have access to local wifi. I select hotspot mode in Gofigure, hit the home button and Gofigure says the "current connected network is hotspot mode". I then launch Glider, select an album, go to devices and nothing is there. Pre-Gofigure, I would select my local Poly name -> ChordPlayer, but ChordPlayer is not there for me to select.

What am I doing wrong @Matt Bartlett?

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #8,672 of 18,757
If I had to take a guess, I would tend to think that the polys are not bricked perse but just stuck in some loop or between modes and will come back to life after the battery runs out, that would be my guess.

Hopefully that is just the case and users can be back up and running in a few hours.
I hope so too.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #8,673 of 18,757
So, a couple of small issues.

- For some reason, only the first playlist created in Glider seems to work on GoFigure QuickPlay. All others don't seem to work. If I create a new playlist that goes above the working playlist (based on alphabetical order), the one that was working stops working, and the one that is now the new "first" playlist works. Not sure why.
- Quickplay for me only works when the Poly is connected to WiFi. In airplane mode and hotspot mode, Quickplay doesn't seem to work.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #8,674 of 18,757
Still finding my way around...

So as I understand it, I can use hotspot mode when I don't have access to local wifi. I select hotspot mode in Gofigure, hit the home button and Gofigure says the "current connected network is hotspot mode". I then launch Glider, select an album, go to devices and nothing is there. Pre-Gofigure, I would select my local Poly name -> ChordPlayer, but ChordPlayer is not there for me to select.

What am I doing wrong @Matt Bartlett?

Are you selecting the Poly-nnnn as your Wi-Fi connection after changing to Poly hot-spot mode?

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #8,675 of 18,757
Where in Gofigure do I select Poly-nnnn?

IMG_0003.PNG IMG_0004.PNG IMG_0005.PNG

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #8,676 of 18,757
I had not tried that as it was working via Bluetooth since my iPhone had Wi-Fi switched off I did not realise the airplane mode was in the context of Poly rather than the phone.

Fingers crossed that'll fix it. I'll be able to tell properly when on the way home.:L3000:

Sorry to report that the airplane mode makes no difference, it still has regular interruptions/dull clicks every 6 seconds when listening in Bluetooth mode. I have reset and re-run the wizard and get the same result. I did not have Bluetooth page open but I also closed it as well to eliminate that. :frowning2:

Back on using Poly hotspot and no corrupted playback.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #8,677 of 18,757
I give up for now.

This is too much effort and time to get it working right.
The Mojo without the Poly may have messy cabling, but it just works, the way I expect it to, every time.
I have other portable DAPs as well for when I don't want a bulky setup with extra cabling. Not as good, but streaming client works great, and internally stored songs as well as playlist management just work.

Will put the Poly back on the shelf and check back in in another month or two.

Best of luck Chord! I love you guys and am cheering for you.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #8,678 of 18,757
Where in Gofigure do I select Poly-nnnn?

You need to select Poly in the IPhone settings/Wi-Fi phone screens as you would select any other Wi-Fi network connection.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #8,679 of 18,757
I not sure if its a bug or if its simply a problem with my playlist.

I created a playlist of all my music in glider. Gofigure sees the playlist and plays ok but, when I push on shuffle, the two arrows that criss cross on the left hand side of the quickplay feature, shuffling only seems to be shuffling between my first couple/few albums.

Does this happen with anyone else ?

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #8,680 of 18,757
You need to select Poly in the IPhone settings/Wi-Fi phone screens as you would select any other Wi-Fi network connection.

Okay, got it. After selecting Poly-nnnn, it rolls to the top and launches the Welcome Mojo screen. I select "keep in hotspot mode" and hit save. I need to hit the home button to exit Welcome Mojo. When I do, Poly-nnnn rolls back to "choose a network".

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Can't just see it yet.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #8,681 of 18,757
Okay, got it. After selecting Poly-nnnn, it rolls to the top and launches the Welcome Mojo screen. I select "keep in hotspot mode" and hit save. I need to hit the home button to exit Welcome Mojo. When I do, Poly-nnnn rolls back to "choose a network".

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Can't just see it yet.

I have Poly hotspot on at the moment, if you click on the ! character to the left of the Poly-nnnn you can set the Auto-join to On & the Auto-Login to off. There was another error (I had it too) where the Poly-nnn did not get a good ip address, following the instructions from here by @JeremyLaurenson I changed my settings and got my hotspot working again.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #8,682 of 18,757
Anyone know how to remove a previously programed network from the Go Figure App? Am I missing something obvious?

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #8,683 of 18,757
Try Settings then > on the Wi-Fi line to display connections. Should be able to delete an existing one using the > against it to show the options.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #8,684 of 18,757
Sorry to report that the airplane mode makes no difference, it still has regular interruptions/dull clicks every 6 seconds when listening in Bluetooth mode. I have reset and re-run the wizard and get the same result. I did not have Bluetooth page open but I also closed it as well to eliminate that. :frowning2:

Back on using Poly hotspot and no corrupted playback.

Ok so a couple of other questions:-
1. What are you using to play your music via Bluetooth? Is it Glider, Tidal, something else?
2. Have you still got Gofigure open when trying to play music using Bluetooth Audio? Gofigure uses Bluetooth to communicate so the iPhone will be trying to send messages to Gofigure over Bluetooth at the same time you are trying to listen to music so you will get interruptions. Just make sure to shut down Gofigure before using Bluetooth Audio.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #8,685 of 18,757
Try Settings then > on the Wi-Fi line to display connections. Should be able to delete an existing one using the > against it to show the options.

Tried that but a prompt would come up saying it could not see the network. No problem "un-bined the pin" and put it into hot spot mode then poly.audio (192.168.1.1) in the browser. Went old school pre-GoFigure! it is a wonder I still remembered how! Starting to understand it a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back