Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #8,641 of 18,788
I also noticed when it’s playing my files without proper meta data, it defaults to showing the url for the file.
Switching between playlists, I could see the last segment of the ip address change, it would be good to know more.

We’re some playlists in DLNA and some in mpd are these are different http services within poly?

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #8,642 of 18,788
What other devices can Poly output to?

Thanks! That's not really independent then. Assuming however I do connect it to a power source, what other devices can Poly output to independent of the Mojo? For instance, can it output Apt-X to speakers/headphones?
I was wondering this too...

Is there anyway to get poly to talk directly to a Bluetooth speaker / what software would you use for this?

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #8,643 of 18,788
Using "External" Poly Playlists for maximum GoFigure luciousness:

Poly seems quite happy with .m3u formatted playlists so long as they are:
  • Placed in the root of the SD card - not in any folders.
  • Separator characters for files is a /
  • Each file reference is referenced using relative paths and does not start with a /

By way of an example, here is an SD card view:
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 8.59.43 AM.png

Associated playlist (specifically here including the A-HA song)

All Music.m3u
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:259,Velvet - a-ha
Music/A-Ha/25 Deluxe Version/29 Velvet.M4A
#EXTINF:226,Talkin' Bout a Revolution - Afro Fiesta
Music/Playing For Change/Songs Around The World AudioVideo Version/1-06 Talkin Bout A Revolution.M4A
#EXTINF:232,Don't Wanna Fight - Alabama Shakes
Music/Alabama Shakes/Sound  Color/02 Dont Wanna Fight.M4A
#EXTINF:258,Breathe - Alexi Murdoch
Music/Compilations/Away We Go Original Motion Picture Soundtrack/08 Breathe.M4A
#EXTINF:213,Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects
Music/The All-American Rejects/When The World Comes Down Deluxe Edition/04 Gives You Hell.M4A
#EXTINF:194,Best Day of My Life - American Authors
Music/American Authors/American Authors - Ep/02 Best Day Of My Life.M4A
#EXTINF:183,Believer - American Authors
Music/American Authors/Oh What A Life/01 Believer.M4A

This setup for Poly/Mojo has been saved as a DAP definition in Dapper for Mac for those who use it. New update int he MacOS app store should hit this week to add support.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #8,644 of 18,788
I can't update you on Googlecast yet but I use BubbleUPnP all the time and so far I have had no issues. Just check whether your phone and Poly are on exactly the same WiFi and it is 2.4GHz. You can also try with Sesam Music player to see if you get the same result.

Not who you were originally responding to, and I understand that the priority for software development has been focused on the app and firmware changes to get the app ready. But, as an android user, can you at least comment if google cast functionality is still at least planned and wont be dropped off? I understand if there is no timeline right now due to gofigure priorities (and getting that out for android too), but I do think that google cast is a critical feature that is missing from the android side when apple has airplay. So all I really wanna know is whether its still planned to show up or not.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #8,645 of 18,788
switching between sd card playback and roon is very quick and nice - good job. this was what i was waiting for :)

final post for today, i'm procrastinating. but i think chord should follow gliders example and use the Apple Test Flight - testing service (for those who dont know its a way to get apps from a separate App Store for people who want to be part of the beta process of testing apps). Why not deploy the next version early and get real user feedback early, it can only be a positive thing :) And the hugo owners can start giving feedback too - no brainer !

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #8,646 of 18,788
I have reported an issue with sdcard playback using GoFigure in Bluetooth mode. Played fine at home but on the commute this morning with the same settings I was experiencing regular clicks in the playback of tracks (various ones from different albums which have played fine before). Switched over to Wi-Fi and Poly hotspot mode and no regular clicks in playback.

If you are wanting to use Bluetooth control of the tracks avoiding Wi-Fi issues check a more crowded area than your quiet home as well before extolling the Bluetooth experience too quickly.

Hopefully this is a known or easily solved problem, which I guess would be related to the polling of the Poly to phone for commands, to be addressed in a new firmware update.

Using the app to switch was a better experience than using the config tool at least.:gs1000smile:

Hi. Did you try using Airplane mode in Gofigure to switch off Poly's WiFi? This will stop it scanning and trying to connect to WiFi networks when out and about.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #8,647 of 18,788
Not who you were originally responding to, and I understand that the priority for software development has been focused on the app and firmware changes to get the app ready. But, as an android user, can you at least comment if google cast functionality is still at least planned and wont be dropped off? I understand if there is no timeline right now due to gofigure priorities (and getting that out for android too), but I do think that google cast is a critical feature that is missing from the android side when apple has airplay. So all I really wanna know is whether its still planned to show up or not.

I can confirm it is still something we are working at.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #8,648 of 18,788
I’m not able to use the Bluetooth only control. It won’t play the playlists. Reboot the app and it won’t get as far as the choose your poly screen.
Eventually it did allow me to choose the poly, but selecting a playlist does start the audio playing, thou the ui updates to suggest its playing.
In my iPhone Bluetooth setup, I see two poly entries, is this the way it should appear ?
Also still unable to play a playlist containing wav files strangely under network mode.

Yes you should always see two entries for Poly in Bluetooth settings. One is for Bluetooth Audio and the other is for the Bluetooth Low Energy connection that Gofigure uses to communicate with Poly. When Gofigure is running the second entry will show as connected.
When using Gofigure make sure you disconnect your Bluetooth audio ( click the i icon next to it and press disconnect ) if you don't it will interfere with the Bluetooth control that Gofigure needs to operate.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #8,649 of 18,788
I was really pleased last night and early this morning using the Poly with Gofigure in my home on wifi. Went out for a run with my gear and then lost the connection at the conclusion of the first track (although it worked pre-Gofigure). I never fully understood when or how to use hotspot (preferred) and bluetooth, but speculate that is what I need to understand and implement to use the Poly when I'm off of a wifi network. Also, is the hotspot mode different from my iPhone's local hotspot? Finally, will @JeremyLaurenson's hybrid mode work in this environment so I can listen to my MojoPoly when out and about and browse the internet?

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #8,650 of 18,788

I hope Chord can address this issue. I tried all I could think of to get GoFigure to work. No luck. :frowning2:

Yes you should always see two entries for Poly in Bluetooth settings. One is for Bluetooth Audio and the other is for the Bluetooth Low Energy connection that Gofigure uses to communicate with Poly. When Gofigure is running the second entry will show as connected.
When using Gofigure make sure you disconnect your Bluetooth audio ( click the i icon next to it and press disconnect ) if you don't it will interfere with the Bluetooth control that Gofigure needs to operate.

Hi @Matt Bartlett Can you comment or have an idea on what might be going on here? I have a 4th Gen iPad (iOS 10.3) and when GoFigure launches I can see the Chord GoFigure GUI for a millisecond then changes abruptly to the screen I posted above. I thought it might be the iPad is too old but app system requirements states iOS 9.3 and higher. I've tried toying with BT settings but don't know if I'm missing some vital step. TIA.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #8,651 of 18,788
Hi @Matt Bartlett Can you comment or have an idea on what might be going on here? I have a 4th Gen iPad (iOS 10.3) and when GoFigure launches I can see the Chord GoFigure GUI for a millisecond then changes abruptly to the screen I posted above. I thought it might be the iPad is too old but app system requirements states iOS 9.3 and higher. I've tried toying with BT settings but don't know if I'm missing some vital step. TIA.

I haven't seen this before but I will try to find out what this means.
Did you download directly from the app store or did you download from the US link posted?
It might be worth deleting Gofigure then downloading again using the app store app.

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #8,653 of 18,788
I have the same issue as 'Signal2Noise'. Also, I don't see two Bluetooth entries for the Poly in my iPad, just the one.

You won't see the second Bluetooth connection until Gofigure is running. Gofigure initiates the Bluetooth control connection.
As you can't run Gofigure then you will never see the second Bluetooth connection.

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #8,654 of 18,788
Finally I know how the playlist trick works now.
Making a playlist manually is a painful process, especially when you have a huge library of music. But nothing is worse than a six-month wait, so i'm OK with it.
I have tested the filename with both special characters, Chinese and Japanese, all work successfully.

And yes, Quickplay works with DSD files.:thumbsup:

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #8,655 of 18,788
Hi. Did you try using Airplane mode in Gofigure to switch off Poly's WiFi? This will stop it scanning and trying to connect to WiFi networks when out and about.
I had not tried that as it was working via Bluetooth since my iPhone had Wi-Fi switched off I did not realise the airplane mode was in the context of Poly rather than the phone.

Fingers crossed that'll fix it. I'll be able to tell properly when on the way home.:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back