Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2018 at 4:00 AM Post #8,627 of 18,782
My Poly is now bricked as well. Not responding to Bluetooth (with two different iPhones, iPod Touch), no Hotspot mode access (with the pin), not joining any known wifi networks, just seems dead except for the shining white LED with no power connected. I guess I will have to wait until the Poly's battery is completely drained in a couple of days for it to hopefully reset itself to some usable state? Now the battery drain problem is actually a "feature" after all...

So much hope and joy and after waiting so long for the GoFigure app and its supposed "perfection", and now THIS!?

Can anyone who is having similar issues to this email info@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will work through it with you.

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #8,628 of 18,782
Just so it didn't get lost in the barbs, etc going back and forth, the following is an amazing album I really recommend. The remastered version just became available yesterday:

http://shop.klicktrack.com/520684

Radka Toneff; Fairytales.

Sounds spectacular on the MojoPoly. Already listened to it three times.

thank you very much for posting about this album

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #8,629 of 18,782
I wonder if you try unpair, reinstall gf, maybe you’ll be able to control the device again.
That’s what I did...
- I forgot the Poly in the iPhone Bluetooth settings and switched off Bluetooth on iPhone to clear the cache
- in goFigure I changed the bluetooth pin.
- switched off Poly and waited for P light to go off after 30 sec
- switched Poly back on and GoFigure asked for the Bluetooth pin
- re-entered the new Bluetooth pin and voilà

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #8,630 of 18,782
Can anyone who is having similar issues to this email info@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will work through it with you.
we think we know what is going on here and this is why we gave a rather convoluted updating procedure that must be followed precisely note you cannot up date when charging the unit must be unplugged.

For all of you with Locked up or Bricked Polys.
please can you now leave your units on and let the battery fully discharge right down to nothing no light indicating.

Then recharge to full charge.

Then un plug the charger.

Make sure you’ve enstall the updated firmware and you’ve definitely followed our updating procedure correctly

ie switching the unit off and on again twice.
Try again and you should be okay

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #8,631 of 18,782
we think we know what is going on here and this is why we gave a rather convoluted updating procedure that must be followed precisely note you cannot up date when charging the unit must be unplugged.

please can you now leave your units on and let the battery fully discharge right down to nothing no light indicating.

Make sure you’ve enstall the updated firmware and you’ve definitely followed our updating procedure correctly

It doesn’t matter how closely people follow the instructions, if the key piece of information isn’t mentioned anywhere in them.

If charging the unit during an update causes the whole thing to fail and cannot be reversed until the battery has fully depleted, you might want to reference that somewhere.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #8,632 of 18,782

The poly was updated to the latest firmware already before trying with gofigure this morning.

As of now, there is no light on the poly, neither does plugging in the charger trigger any led to light up.

So there's no real way to know when it's fully discharged or even switched on at all.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #8,633 of 18,782
It's fair enough that Chord have stumbled across a 'gotcha' now the app's in the wild. We get similar more often that we'd like (and this is with the full force of three separate companies' QA departments, and a pile of community testing, before we launch a new version / patch / etc).

It happens. Not ideal, but it happens. Once Chord know what it is / what's causing it, I'm sure they'll update their public-facing info accordingly.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #8,634 of 18,782
I have reported an issue with sdcard playback using GoFigure in Bluetooth mode. Played fine at home but on the commute this morning with the same settings I was experiencing regular clicks in the playback of tracks (various ones from different albums which have played fine before). Switched over to Wi-Fi and Poly hotspot mode and no regular clicks in playback.

If you are wanting to use Bluetooth control of the tracks avoiding Wi-Fi issues check a more crowded area than your quiet home as well before extolling the Bluetooth experience too quickly.

Hopefully this is a known or easily solved problem, which I guess would be related to the polling of the Poly to phone for commands, to be addressed in a new firmware update.

Using the app to switch was a better experience than using the config tool at least.:gs1000smile:

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #8,635 of 18,782
I’m not able to use the Bluetooth only control. It won’t play the playlists. Reboot the app and it won’t get as far as the choose your poly screen.
Eventually it did allow me to choose the poly, but selecting a playlist does start the audio playing, thou the ui updates to suggest its playing.
In my iPhone Bluetooth setup, I see two poly entries, is this the way it should appear ?
Also still unable to play a playlist containing wav files strangely under network mode.

1C1F9F28-97AC-41EE-9D1A-84496BCFDC73.png

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #8,636 of 18,782
With my recently replaced Poly and the GoFigure app, I pleased to say that I had my first seemless commute this morning with Mojopoly.

The Gofigure app has crashed twice already but I can live with that as I’m sure Chord will continue to improve things from here on in. Oh and it was nice to see that it utilises the screen on an iPhone X :)

Today really felt like I had a great product in my hand. Well done Chord - glad I kept the faith.

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #8,637 of 18,782
Let me know if you got a reply for a fix.

The mojopoly is the missus's, and remote support is causing enough stress, not to mention asking her to send an email to chord:cold_sweat:

Got it! I'm in communication with Chord and am in the process of trying some things right now, will keep you posted....probably by PM...

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #8,638 of 18,782
That’s what I did...
- I forgot the Poly in the iPhone Bluetooth settings and switched off Bluetooth on iPhone to clear the cache
- in goFigure I changed the bluetooth pin.
- switched off Poly and waited for P light to go off after 30 sec
- switched Poly back on and GoFigure asked for the Bluetooth pin
- re-entered the new Bluetooth pin and voilà
I’ve tried your steps, but still unable to use airport mode feature. I’ll give chord a shout, I’m just posting here in case it’s useful for others, I don’t mind if there are issues in the initial versions.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #8,639 of 18,782
I’ve tried your steps, but still unable to use airport mode feature. I’ll give chord a shout, I’m just posting here in case it’s useful for others, I don’t mind if there are issues in the initial versions.
It’s weird, it’s working now, for the playlist I created via MPDluxe. So I now have Bluetooth mode working.

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #8,640 of 18,782
Though Poly can output to other devices you will still need to connect Poly to a charger or a Mojo to turn it on

What other devices can Poly output to?
Though Poly can output to other devices you will still need to connect Poly to a charger or a Mojo to turn it on

Thanks! That's not really independent then. Assuming however I do connect it to a power source, what other devices can Poly output to independent of the Mojo? For instance, can it output Apt-X to speakers/headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back