Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #8,611 of 18,757
I am currently weighing my options between using the Poly vs a small DAP like the upcoming HiBy R3, and am wondering if y'all could weigh in with your thoughts.

While the Poly is effectively a single unit with a single cable required for charging, it appears that the small DAPs like the HiBy R3 may offer several features not available on the Poly. For instance, there is the ability to output to more devices than just the Mojo, not just by cable, but also by Apt-X, AirPlay etc. Presumably also, there will be no WiFi signal noise on the DAP vs the Poly. The Poly's advantage of being remotely controlled seems to also be negated because small DAPs may have bluetooth remote interfaces as well.

Given that hosting a hotspot either on my iPhone or the Poly for full Glider control leads to significant battery drain, and given that the built-in player in the GoFigure for bluetooth control is too basic compared to an interface like Glider, there is attractiveness in small DAPs with remote interfaces.

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #8,612 of 18,757

Yes, but i think it’s limited to the first unfolding which roon does, roon is doing this on the pc that acts as the core then sends the new music signal to the receiver - poly.

Though rob watts says his technology works better with non mqa sources.

Suppose there will be a bun fight over whether roon classifies mqa as lossless or not.
the second “ unfolding is a bit of marketing spin by MQA it really does so little and Robs Dac Design does a better job of it than other DACs in any case. The first unfolding is the important one .

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #8,614 of 18,757
I am currently weighing my options between using the Poly vs a small DAP like the upcoming HiBy R3, and am wondering if y'all could weigh in with your thoughts.

While the Poly is effectively a single unit with a single cable required for charging, it appears that the small DAPs like the HiBy R3 may offer several features not available on the Poly. For instance, there is the ability to output to more devices than just the Mojo, not just by cable, but also by Apt-X, AirPlay etc. Presumably also, there will be no WiFi signal noise on the DAP vs the Poly. The Poly's advantage of being remotely controlled seems to also be negated because small DAPs may have bluetooth remote interfaces as well.

Given that hosting a hotspot either on my iPhone or the Poly for full Glider control leads to significant battery drain, and given that the built-in player in the GoFigure for bluetooth control is too basic compared to an interface like Glider, there is attractiveness in small DAPs with remote interfaces.
Poly is also a server and can output to any number of other devices.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #8,616 of 18,757
Hmmm, I can get quickplay to work when the Poly is connected to a wifi network, but when it is not connected, or when it is in hotspot mode, quickplay doesn't seem to work for me. I wonder why that is, and if it's a bug, a "feature", something to change on the roadmap, or only happens on mine.

I tried manually creating an m3u file and it didn't work, but thanks to commenters on this thread, I used Glider to create a playlist and that worked fine.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #8,617 of 18,757
Many thanks for this. Please can I trouble you to kindly clarify how I can use Poly as an independent device (without connecting to Mojo) and output to bluetooth-enabled speakers or headphones via Apt-X?
Though Poly can output to other devices you will still need to connect Poly to a charger or a Mojo to turn it on

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #8,618 of 18,757
Although I am an Android user I got out my Iphone5s to play around with GoFigure. Playback control via bluetooth and the other functions of the app worked like a charm until suddenly, like for a few others, my Poly froze completely. Now been stuck on green light and unresponsive to everything for 8 hours. Plugging in charger doesnt help either.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #8,619 of 18,757
I got a big problem after updating the Bluetooth PIN number by GoFigure. After updating, GoFigure was unable to find poly again, I tried to forget existing poly Bluetooth connection in my iPhone, but the Bluetooth signal for poly not show up again for connection.
The horrible thing is, now I can’t turn off my poly, no matter I turn off my Mojo or even detached with Mojo. Tried to use Config pin to access config mode also no response. It looks now I can just wait my poly keeps on until no battery.
Anyone can help?
Did you switch off bluetooth in your iDevice after forgetting the Poly's BT pairing? This clears the BT cache in the iDevice.
If that still fails I would uninstall GoFigure and re-install, then re-pair your Poly with your iDevice.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #8,620 of 18,757
Although I am an Android user I got out my Iphone5s to play around with GoFigure. Playback control via bluetooth and the other functions of the app worked like a charm until suddenly, like for a few others, my Poly froze completely. Now been stuck on green light and unresponsive to everything for 8 hours. Plugging in charger doesnt help either.

Mine doesn't turn off either. I connected it to my wife's iPad and at one point, not sure exactly when, I was not listening to music, just studying the options, maybe switching from hotspot to WiFi mode, it remained blue light no matter if Mojo is on or off, and Gofigure can't see Poly no more...
...and Poly doesn't show up in my network neither in BT scan, as if it's powered off, but the light still shines..ghostly! And Poly is no more. Let's try some Pin skills..

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #8,622 of 18,757
Nothing works, Poly is totally non responsive. Charger, Mojo, Pin 5s, 10s, 20, 30s, all dead. I wonder how long to drain completely with the blue light... My unit had no problems at all, booting, playing with no drops, 99% of the time with Roon, all was perfect. We'll see.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #8,623 of 18,757
Mine doesn't turn off either. I connected it to my wife's iPad and at one point, not sure exactly when, I was not listening to music, just studying the options, maybe switching from hotspot to WiFi mode, it remained blue light no matter if Mojo is on or off, and Gofigure can't see Poly no more...
...and Poly doesn't show up in my network neither in BT scan, as if it's powered off, but the light still shines..ghostly! And Poly is no more. Let's try some Pin skills..

Same situation as with mine then. I too was just fiddling around with the settings. Im pretty sure it happened as I was going between Poly´s different modes of operation.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:46 AM Post #8,624 of 18,757
My Poly is now bricked as well. Not responding to Bluetooth (with two different iPhones, iPod Touch), no Hotspot mode access (with the pin), not joining any known wifi networks, just seems dead except for the shining white LED with no power connected. I guess I will have to wait until the Poly's battery is completely drained in a couple of days for it to hopefully reset itself to some usable state? Now the battery drain problem is actually a "feature" after all...

So much hope and joy and after waiting so long for the GoFigure app and its supposed "perfection", and now THIS!?

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #8,625 of 18,757
My Poly is now bricked as well. Not responding to Bluetooth (with two different iPhones, iPod Touch), no Hotspot mode access (with the pin), not joining any known wifi networks, just seems dead except for the shining white LED with no power connected. I guess I will have to wait until the Poly's battery is completely drained in a couple of days for it to hopefully reset itself to some usable state? Now the battery drain problem is actually a "feature" after all...

So much hope and joy and after waiting so long for the GoFigure app and its supposed "perfection", and now THIS!?
I wonder if you try unpair, reinstall gf, maybe you’ll be able to control the device again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back