Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #8,657 of 18,802
I am confused, how can Gofigure which is an app on iDevices brick Poly’s ?

If anything I would presume it was just poly got confused and stuck whilst trying to do something and discharging and recharging of the battery will fix it.

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #8,658 of 18,802
Just remember everyone that Android has a significantly larger share of the smartphone market than iOS, so the majority of Poly users are still waiting...

I wonder out of curiosity if us nerdy head-fi veer more towards IOS or Android? I used Android for a fair few years but got fed up with constant issues around OTG compatibility and cables that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't especially with Samsung handsets, it was always hit and miss for me when using external Dac's such as Mojo or Oppo HA2. It's one of the reasons I switched back to IOS as the Oppo HA2 worked seamlessly with it. I am aware though that many had issues with CCK connections with Dac's and IOS.

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #8,659 of 18,802
I am confused, how can Gofigure which is an app on iDevices brick Poly’s ?

If anything I would presume it was just poly got confused and stuck whilst trying to do something and discharging and recharging of the battery will fix it.
Firmware updates (and Windows updates) have historically been troublesome. Just ask those who tried to jailbreak their iPhones and got them stuck.

It is usually hard to actually brick a product, there is usually a way to re-install firmware or to factory reset. If I had a penny for every firmware update I've done I'd have a lot of pennies. Never had a bricked device though have had to do some odd procedures to re-awaken stuck ones.

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #8,661 of 18,802
I haven't seen this before but I will try to find out what this means.
Did you download directly from the app store or did you download from the US link posted?
It might be worth deleting Gofigure then downloading again using the app store app.

The first time I DL'd GoFigure from the US store link posted here. Then it eventually showed up on the Canadian App Store so I deleted and reinstalled from there in the hopes it would work but still no dice.

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #8,662 of 18,802
I wonder out of curiosity if us nerdy head-fi veer more towards IOS or Android? I used Android for a fair few years but got fed up with constant issues around OTG compatibility and cables that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't especially with Samsung handsets, it was always hit and miss for me when using external Dac's such as Mojo or Oppo HA2. It's one of the reasons I switched back to IOS as the Oppo HA2 worked seamlessly with it. I am aware though that many had issues with CCK connections with Dac's and IOS.

I think most are on iOS. In terms of "disposable income" to spend $1200 on kit, I think this would be an iOS heavy group.

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #8,664 of 18,802
Oh come on now andrioid phones are just as expensive. So what your saying is only well to do people own Apple devices?

It’s a pretty widespread perception that people tend to have more disposable income than people on Android.

It’s easy to see why that is if you look up the average price of an Android phone compared to that of a current gen iPhone.

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #8,667 of 18,802
Oh come on now andrioid phones are just as expensive. So what your saying is only well to do people own Apple devices?

The HUGE majority of Android owners don't buy the expensive flagships, but rather more like 100 dollar or below devices.

If you only take out the portion of Android owners with the TOTL devices which are priced at Apple level it only leaves the Samsung Galaxy S-whatevers, and you'll find there are much less of them around than Apple users (Apple keeps outselling Samsung). Those are pretty much cold hard facts.

Just like you can buy Windows laptop that are priced at Macbook or even more expensive on the market, yet the overwhelming majority of the >$1000 laptops sold in the market are Macbooks.

So it's pretty logical to assume someone whom can afford to drop money on a Poly/Mojo combo (1000 bucks in itself and no less cheaper than Apple gear) is probably more likely to be iPhone and Mac users, rather than those buying 100 dollar phones.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #8,668 of 18,802
Firmware updates (and Windows updates) have historically been troublesome. Just ask those who tried to jailbreak their iPhones and got them stuck.

It is usually hard to actually brick a product, there is usually a way to re-install firmware or to factory reset. If I had a penny for every firmware update I've done I'd have a lot of pennies. Never had a bricked device though have had to do some odd procedures to re-awaken stuck ones.

I understand a firmware update gone bad bricking something, I myself bricked the joystick from my thrustmaster warthog hotas setup, that is the only one in 30+ years of using pc’s and was caused by a flaky usb port connection, but what I dont understand is why gofigure would do it ?

Firmware updates and jailbreaking are at the opposite ends of the spectrum, one is an official update from the company who built/sold the thing and is/was tested before release, the other is some crude hack that is neither tested or supported by the manufacturer.

Over the years, I would say that firmware updates if done properly are no more troublesome than installing an app or program on a pc and I really cant recall the last time a windows update caused problems for me, probably the last time would of been one of the service packs for xp about 10+ years ago.

If I had to take a guess, I would tend to think that the polys are not bricked perse but just stuck in some loop or between modes and will come back to life after the battery runs out, that would be my guess.

Hopefully that is just the case and users can be back up and running in a few hours.

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #8,669 of 18,802
I haven't had time to test much but GoFigure works for me. I can switch between modes and Roon now works without drop-outs--before it wouldn't even work. Glider works as do other apps, except MPDelux is broken. If my Poly isn't bricked I find it hard to believe there's a flaw that bricks Polys. It should kill them all. There's got to be another explanation. I am assuming all Polys are the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back