Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #8,311 of 18,821
Ok the pin prompts works like this (You will HAVE to be listening to do this)

When you push and hold the pin it will cycle through prompts:
Mode "press for mode"
Mode "current mode" (Tells you what its current mode is etc)
Mode "enter hotspot mode"
Mode "Factory reset"

When it says what you want, release pin and press it in once again, essentially telling it "this is what I want"
Wait a few seconds and itll say "Confirm entering xxxxx mode"
You need to press the pin it in again to confim.

- I have a profound vision of a working product as per the manual.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #8,312 of 18,821
Seriously? Wow, I'd have had no idea, thanks.

Wonder how many people are going to get caught out by this little gem? I tend to not be wearing my headphones when farting about with the mighty Configuration Tool. 'Headphones on' means 'about to start listening to music', not 'planning on listening to music sometime in the next five minutes'.

I usually do the same, but after a minute holding in the pin and no action I figured something was up. @ChordElectronics you need to put this in your upgrade documentation please....

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #8,313 of 18,821
Fw 1.0.26 - mode change
1) press and hold about 2 second config button - poly say -“press for mode” - continue hold config button - poly list modes - when Poly will call mode what you’re need release config button - poly say press config to enter selected mode - shot pres and enjoy

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #8,314 of 18,821

Mode "press for mode"
Mode "Factory reset"

When it says what you want, release pin and press it in once again, essentially telling it "this is what I want"

Call me pedantic, sorry :)

I'm getting:

Mode "press for mode"
Mode "enter network mode"
Mode "Factory reset"

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #8,315 of 18,821
If youre having issues seeing your Poly in hotspot mode and it IS flashing green/blue and your connections says No internet connection:
IMG_1833.PNG
You can fix it like so on iOS:
http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-issues-no-dhcp

- I have a profound vision of a working product as per the manual.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #8,316 of 18,821
f3rnsh.png

New Firmware Announcement for Poly

At 12pm BST today a new firmware update for Poly will be released to the public. Version 1.0.26 brings improvements, a security update, and the necessary features for the imminent launch of GoFigure for iOS.

For update instructions please visit the link below:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/updating-poly-to-enable-gofigure-app-control/
My replaced poly has been working perfectly in iPhone Hotspot mode. To update do i need to connect directly to wifi or does pass through via the hotspot mode work. There is no mention of this in the Chord page as they only mention bluetooth. Also, I can't seem to figure out what version the firmware is in hotspot mode, do I need to either enter hybrid mode or connect directly to wifi to see which firmware the Poly is. Thanks in advance.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #8,317 of 18,821

Mode "press for mode"
Mode "enter network mode"
Mode "Factory reset"

When it says what you want, release pin essentially telling it "this is what I want"

Written Instructions here:
http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=poly-playing-with-the-pin

Video here: (excuse the audio, I needed to capture poly's chirping too)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #8,319 of 18,821
So a new firmware update and still no GoFigure app. Sorry guys, we're still in the same situation as we were six months ago.

What does "imminent" actually mean in the World of Chord..."today"? "tomorrow"? "this week"(tm)? "next week"(tm)? "we're aiming for before 2020 which would be really, really good"?

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #8,320 of 18,821
My replaced poly has been working perfectly in iPhone Hotspot mode. To update do i need to connect directly to wifi or does pass through via the hotspot mode work. There is no mention of this in the Chord page as they only mention bluetooth. Also, I can't seem to figure out what version the firmware is in hotspot mode, do I need to either enter hybrid mode or connect directly to wifi to see which firmware the Poly is. Thanks in advance.

You need hotspot mode to see the firmware page. Hybrid mode will show an internet poly page and not the firmware page - you need to be in standard hotspot mode (or use an Android device to connect as this does not do hybrid mode).

To update firmware you need to connect to a Wi-Fi connection with internet access

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #8,321 of 18,821
You need hotspot mode to see the firmware page. Hybrid mode will show an internet poly page and not the firmware page - you need to be in standard hotspot mode (or use an Android device to connect as this does not do hybrid mode).

To update firmware you need to connect to a Wi-Fi connection with internet access
OK, it may be a little semantic, but when you say "hotspot mode" does that mean using my iPhone as a hotspot which the poly connects to, or does that mean that Poly is a hotspot and my phone will then connect to that network. The terms are so similar it gets very confusing. I tend to say iPhone hotspot or poly hotspot to differentiate the two modes.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #8,322 of 18,821
OK, it may be a little semantic, but when you say "hotspot mode" does that mean using my iPhone as a hotspot which the poly connects to, or does that mean that Poly is a hotspot and my phone will then connect to that network. The terms are so similar it gets very confusing. I tend to say iPhone hotspot or poly hotspot to differentiate the two modes.
Option B
Poly is a hotspot and my phone will then connect to that network.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #8,323 of 18,821
Poly hotspot to see the firmware page. I updated my firmware today by using the iPhone hotspot connection.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #8,324 of 18,821
Yeah, no problems here. Followed the instructions (well, most of them; DMed Chord pointing out the typo but not heard anything back; also pointed out that we in the games industry get legit death threats when people don't get the exact fixes they want – yesterday – so perhaps thought I was taking the piss). Main page is saying that I'm on 1.0.26.

I'm now GoFigure-ready! Still!
Your right our marketing guy decided to rewrite a paragraph when he just should have stuck to the original. It’s being sorted!

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #8,325 of 18,821
I Updated my mojopoly sucessfully. I hope the app is around the corner, because right now accessing poly hot spot mode is even more demanding then before. I felt like learning to play early eighties computer game when you have to push and release joystick on time. Be careful not to get into factory accidentally. Thanks Mr. Laurenson for advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back