Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #8,296 of 18,821
f3rnsh.png

New Firmware Announcement for Poly

At 12pm BST today a new firmware update for Poly will be released to the public. Version 1.0.26 brings improvements, a security update, and the necessary features for the imminent launch of GoFigure for iOS.

For update instructions please visit the link below:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/updating-poly-to-enable-gofigure-app-control/
So Poly is almost "launch ready"? Hallelujah! Now we just need to wait for the Android version so that the 81% of smartphone users who use it globally can use Poly as originally advertised.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #8,297 of 18,821
wow you guys are the worst
Has anyone completed the firmware update yet? I can't seem to get into hotspot mode to open the splash screen and check the firmware or change playback settings. The "voice" provides a bunch of different instructions but no change to hotspot mode. I'm guessing this is in preparation for go figure but I'm not currently able to change form Roon mode to Other to take Poly out with me this morning....

the voice should say "enter hotspot mode" and then you press the button again to get it to say "entering hotspot mode"

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #8,298 of 18,821
How does one do a factory reset ?

I checked the config pages but I couldnt find the factory reset option.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #8,299 of 18,821
wow you guys are the worst

the voice should say "enter hotspot mode" and then you press the button again to get it to say "entering hotspot mode"
The "Voice user interface" has changed. You need to work with the pin and listen to the prompts.
Its not simply a press-n-hold operation anymore.
It asks you to confirm by releasing/pushing the pin in.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #8,301 of 18,821
The "Voice user interface" has changed. You need to work with the pin and listen to the prompts.

Thanks. Yup got it. Now in Hotspot mode. I still need to turn Poly off and back on to complete the mode change. This has been a problem since getting my replacement Poly and I was hoping this firmware update would have fixed it. I need GoFigure to eliminate this!

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #8,302 of 18,821
I'm not getting the 'home' page anymore, though. Is this the same for everyone?
I did get a home page. You have to press them pin in waiting for it to ask you to confirm hotspot mode, then push it in again

However if your light is flashing green/blue and you still can't get connected then this is another bug you can work around:

Go to settings.
Poly Network
Press (i) to see the details.
Make sure auto-connect and auto login ate on.

If your IP address is not 192.168.1.something then youve run into the bug and you need to:

Set Manual IP configuration
Set IP: 192.168.1.10
Set Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Set Router 192.168.1.1

Back out and select manual DNS
Add a server 192.168.1.1

Report back here:)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #8,303 of 18,821
So how do you think our telling of every twist and turn and every new operating system update from Apple and our having to adapt and update both our own operation system to accommodate it also the GoFigure Ap and resubmit to them for re approval. Why do you feel that everyone needed to know all the many complex in and outs in all their fine detail when few of the readers would have your wonderful insight and profound product vision Mr Laurensen
Excuse me?
a) I'm not Mr Laurensen!
b) This is not a good look.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #8,304 of 18,821
Has anyone completed the firmware update yet?

Yeah, no problems here. Followed the instructions (well, most of them; DMed Chord pointing out the typo but not heard anything back; also pointed out that we in the games industry get legit death threats when people don't get the exact fixes they want – yesterday – so perhaps thought I was taking the piss). Main page is saying that I'm on 1.0.26.

I'm now GoFigure-ready! Still!

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #8,306 of 18,821
I did get a home page. You have to press them pin in waiting for it to ask you to confirm hotspot mode, then push it in again

However if your light is flashing green/blue and you still can't get connected then this is another bug you can work around:

Go to settings.
Poly Network
Press (i) to see the details.
Make sure auto-connect and auto login ate on.

If your IP address is not 192.168.1.something then youve run into the bug and you need to:

Set Manual IP configuration
Set IP: 192.168.1.10
Set Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Set Router 192.168.1.1

Back out and select manual DNS
Add a server 192.168.1.1

Report back here:)

Thanks - will give it another go. It all seems to have worked otherwise; getting the factory reset option, for example... Will report back!

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #8,307 of 18,821
Yeah, no problems here. Followed the instructions (well, most of them; DMed Chord pointing out the typo but not heard anything back; also pointed out that we in the games industry get legit death threats when people don't get the exact fixes they want – yesterday – so perhaps thought I was taking the piss). Main page is saying that I'm on 1.0.26.

I'm now GoFigure-ready! Still!

Thanks, all checks out good here too. Now let's see how long imminent is! Death threats!!!??? Geez those gamers are serious...

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #8,308 of 18,821

Seriously? Wow, I'd have had no idea, thanks.

Wonder how many people are going to get caught out by this little gem? I tend to not be wearing my headphones when farting about with the mighty Configuration Tool. 'Headphones on' means 'about to start listening to music', not 'planning on listening to music sometime in the next five minutes'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back