Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 6, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #8,267 of 18,757
Apr 6, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #8,268 of 18,757
Hi there I have a few questions about the poly as I am considering getting one but have several concerns. I know there likely addressed in this thread but its massive and also I would like to know if any of the issues are resolved or not.

1. Does it do MQA decode/unfold
2. Did they ever release a working android GoFigure app yet? if not is the iOS app any good?
3. If you dont have the GoFiqure app for whatever reason how easy is it to navigate the poly's micoSD card files? Ive been told you need to make a playlist for all your music and its not like a normal file directory.
4. How is the connection strength over local wifi?
5. Can you use local wifi while staying connected to an internet wifi network on your phone at the same time?

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #8,269 of 18,757
1.no
2. no and unsure for ios as we havent yet got it.
3. Glider has you covered for ios
4. So so, works for me, but it will try to connect to the strongest wifi signal as default, at home you shouldnt have any problems.
5. Yes in hybrid mode for ios, droid, not sure. Needs a little configuration on a iphone to get 4g internet connection whilst using poly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #8,270 of 18,757
I know there was an AF joke made by somebody else on April 1. Since Chord''s post was on March 31 & earlier I took it as being sincere.

Considering the (non)events since October 2017 of the Where Is GoFigure debacle I would surmise this is the LAST thing John or Matt should be joking about.

If GoFigure is not released this week I fear for the safety of puppies and kittens that may be in my vicinity. :rage:

If it was a joke ? then it was a sh1tty one had at our expense.

We shall see what happens today...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #8,274 of 18,757
Hey, @Matt Bartlett

Whats the latest in general with how Poly is going? I just got back from another trip, this time toting my trusty config tool as well as a HooToo Tripmate Titan to try make things work more smoothly, and while its a whole lot better than it was, things are still pretty tough:
Switching modes requires a manual poweroff/poweron
Using in-flight WiFi versus clicking "next song" is an odyssey
We still get occasional bad stutter when some wifi device drops or connects. (Wifi should not stomp on audio)
Im not getting an IP address from Poly.
Try tapping Next-Next-Next-Next quickly-ish to skip 4 songs.

[Rant On]The crack software team does not seem to be particularly speedy at even the basics yet. Can you divorce them and work with a different team who knows embedded Linux? Do you have some sort of leverage? This is still quite painful for just, well... playing music[Rant Off]
Well Jeremy it’s a such shame that you always seem to prefer to keep your rants to public forums rather than talking privately to us where we can keep you fully informed and acurately up to speed with everything that has been happening behind the scenes. Which has been rather more that any one of you might assume Also the denegrating comments from some about our software engineering are grossly unfounded and had you enquired privately you would perhaps begin to understand rather more than you apparently do. In around fifty minutes or so perhaps you’ll be a little happier rant over

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #8,276 of 18,757

giphy.gif

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #8,277 of 18,757
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #8,280 of 18,757
Well Jeremy it’s a such shame that you always seem to prefer to keep your rants to public forums rather than talking privately to us where we can keep you fully informed and acurately up to speed with everything that has been happening behind the scenes.

My apologies for the rant.

Why not just keep us all informed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back