Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 20, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #7,772 of 18,775
You can use the search functionality located at the top right hand corner of the screen, but even then it can take a bit of trial and error to find the best search word. @JeremyLaurenson created a wiki to help poly owners - maybe there is some info in the wiki that will help you.

Found the wiki and will dive in there
http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly

EDIT:
found most useful information on the wiki an got what I was looking for in no time, thank you @JeremyLaurenson

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #7,773 of 18,775
That's a neat, cheap little device! How did it work out for you - reliable?
It's a great little all round device, the only issue I had was keeping it in the pocket of my laptop backpack kept switching it on. I have it with me at all times. I did also get a reduced offer making it an ever better bargain.

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #7,775 of 18,775
Sorry for the inane question, but what is the latest news regarding the app for Poly?
Really same old news, it's close, but I also wanted to know about the firmware update to fix the poly duplicates, that I was told was done, but not released 2 weeks ago; and would be in days. So to sum up, we've been told days, not weeks.
PS I got interrupted before I could finish. While I may be surprised, I did read somewhere, that Chord has stated that all the connectivity issues, are complex, and likely will not be all be fixed at the same time. So I resigned myself to the fact, that it's taking time. I check at least once a day. The good news, is John Darko, wrote an updated review of his use of the PolyMojo, with the Beta GoFigure app, and he felt it was really positive, minus a few known issues. He did do a little comparison to products Chord Poly Mojo competes with, and he stated, nothing matches the poly, with the variety of ways to connect; but with variety comes more complexity.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #7,777 of 18,775
How to setup MALP? Can anyone help me? I do not know how to setup the profile page too.
1) what profile name should I put?
2) What hostname or IP should I put?
3) is port 6600?
4) Enable streaming?
5) Enable prefer http cover files?

I am using Bubble apps with hotspot. The issue for this apps is the playlist only allow around 16 songs.

Now using mojo with dap instead of poly.

Mar 21, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #7,778 of 18,775
Survey.png

Mar 21, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #7,779 of 18,775
How to setup MALP? Can anyone help me? I do not know how to setup the profile page too.
3) is port 6600?
4) Enable streaming?

I am using Bubble apps with hotspot. The issue for this apps is the playlist only allow around 16 songs.

Now using mojo with dap instead of poly.
Name the profile(s) whatever you want. I have 2 - named "Poly Home" and "Poly Mobile"

Put in Poly's IP address. When at home my router assigns Poly a fixed IP. Out and about my phone (using its own hotspot) assigns it a different (fixed) one. Then its a simple matter to switch between the 2 profiles depending on usage.

3) is port 6600?
Port 6600 is the standard comms port that MALP uses to communicate to Poly. Leave it as is. No password.

4) Enable streaming?
Nope

Nope

Save the profile - MALP should now connect and display Music Library of SD files. Unfortunately right now there is a bug in Poly so it won't display MP3 or DSD files in the library (FLACs show up fine). They will still play ok but you'll have to navigate to them using File browsing in MALP.
One immediate benefit you might notice - true gapless playback of SD files! It's the only way I know
right now.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #7,780 of 18,775
I added my data points to the survey.
One suggestion to Chord, the release of the gofigure app should be closely followed with a digital manual with embedded videos that incorporates all the knowledge gathered from this forum, the wiki, and other sources. Even with the app, stuff happens and we will all still need the paper clip hole at some point. Clear understanding of how the system works in various environments and how the baseline environments should be configured will be helpful. There will always be someone out there with the most convoluted environment imaginable, so we should not expect every case to be covered, but from the basics the outliers can be worked out. Those of us wth odd environments probably have a better understanding of the tech functions anyway. Those of us with dial up modems connected to a Lisa will always be challenged though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back