Separate names with a comma.
The Poly I understand there is firmware update for it.
What about Mojo?!
Mojo is mojo
There are no firmware updates for Mojo because all the code is on the FPGA, and the only way to update that would be to ship back to Chord to open and connect to the FPGA. I think there is only one revision since Mojo’s launch, which provides auto-shut-off on non-USB sources when no signal is detected. Not sure if any other changes.
Daft question time.
I have just moved back to iOS after a very pleasant experimentation with Android (ultimately it was the eco system not the phone that drew me back).
Can I just clarify that in ios, the best alternatives for my specific use cases are;
1. For items on poly SD card use the poly hot spot mode and glider as illustrated by Jeremy
2. For tidal 'hi-res' use airplay
1. For me, Depends if your on a safe WiFi network, then, have poly connect to it, and use your phone - as normal - no funny business. IF not on WiFi, use your phones hotspot, as poly has security concerns being an open WiFi access point.
2. Some people use the free app AK Connect, to use poly as a network renderer/speaker via WiFi, rather than through air play. I haven’t checked to see if I can’t notice any musical difference tho. Suppose you can use roon as well.
Does your case fit well?
I asked a similar question awhile back as I am also moving back to iOS after a 3 year experiment with Android. I was never going to convince my wife to transfer to Android and she usually gets my hand me down phones so I'm back to iOS. My new phone is getting set up tomorrow.
Re your question:
1. I too was looking at Jeremy's method with poly hot spot and some responded they use iPhone hot spot while others used poly hot spot as outlined in Jeremy's hybrid method. I've tried both with my wife's iPhone and they seem to work equally well.
2. I plan to use Tidal with airplay as I typically use tidal offline files and to my knowledge the tidal app with airplay is the only way (other than Bluetooth) to stream tidal offline music to poly on iOS.
Enjoy your new phone.
Jeremy's Travel Odyssey Part II:
So, I travel a lot and a significant amount of it is International. After a day here in Prague I have some feedback on just how portable MojoPoly is:
As a roaming international phone, my iPhoneX has no hotspot internationally.
As a roaming phone, cellular Data charges are high.
..and so I must use WiFi for data...
Wifi networks I am able to use such as hotel and such require me to log in. (Which can not be done from Poly)
So I can not get Poly to work in anything other than hotspot mode.
Even with my little hybrid trick I would be racking up all kinds of costs in the background as my phone got email and whatnot.
So.... Poly is no good internationally as she sits today.
I may need to get a WISP router which connects to hotspots and makes its own network... (WISP router)
You might want to consider renting a local WiFi egg... or like you said buy a portable router and get local prepaid data SIM cards that are way cheaper than roaming fees ...
I will likely use one of these....
I feel your pain. I have had the same experience on the one international trip I took with Poly (other than Mexico and Canada where my cell carrier works for a nominal daily charge). I use Poly in the fall back mode by playing my own music from the mSD card. I have enough there to last for a trip. Of course this got me to thinking I would be just as well off with a new DAP for the same or less money than Mojo/Poly. Except of course the SQ is very good from Mojo/Poly. @JeremyLaurenson can't you just use your stored music?
Wouldn’t this be limited to stationary use only?
Not familiar with that model... I usually bring a mobile battery powered WiFi egg and buy a local prepaid data sim so I can have my WiFi everywhere and even hide the SSID...
Now that 1.17 has been out a while, I have posted a redo of a basic survey to see how everyone's experience is now with Poly:
I have one of these and during the time when Poly was problematic with either Phone hot-spot or Poly hot-spot I found this little unit was a good solution and a power bank as well as a DLNA server too.
I am sure it says in Polys instruction postit, that Poly will not use your data when using your phones hotspot.
I maybe wrong but I am sure I read that in the manual when I first got Poly ? regardless, you just got raped for $200, so how’s Prague ?