Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #7,757 of 18,815
Here are the responses minus one smart-ass.
Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.47.59 PM.png

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #7,761 of 18,815
I am sure it says in Polys instruction postit, that Poly will not use your data when using your phones hotspot.

I maybe wrong but I am sure I read that in the manual when I first got Poly ? regardless, you just got raped for $200, so how’s Prague ?

When roaming, hotspot is disabled unless you turn on Data - which lets the rest of iOS to use your data to go get emails, iCloud etc.

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #7,762 of 18,815
When roaming, hotspot is disabled unless you turn on Data - which lets the rest of iOS to use your data to go get emails, iCloud etc.

Ah I didnt know that, until Poly came out I had no use for iphone’s hotspot, If I recall, I tried it on my old draytek router with an android phone.

I could hook my old droid phone to one of the routers usb ports and I could “bond” 3g and VDSL together or use it as a failover/backup incase VDSL died.

Or I could just plug the phone into a usb port on the router and solely use 3g as my home internet connection. I have never needed to use it before, but from today I will know never to use hotspot mode in Prague.

Using your phones data in foreign countries is a problem due to the cost, I dont know where you are from but in the UK, if we goto certain countries in europe its just like being at home costwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 19, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #7,763 of 18,815
Got my replacement poly, charging now but was able to set up and have it recognize my iPhone hotspot in no time at all. Big difference. What I have never heard was what was the difference between the first polys and the ones that are beings ent out now that seem to work much better.

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #7,764 of 18,815
Got my replacement poly, charging now but was able to set up and have it recognize my iPhone hotspot in no time at all. Big difference. What I have never heard was what was the difference between the first polys and the ones that are beings ent out now that seem to work much better.

Are you experiencing drop outs?

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #7,766 of 18,815
This thread is as of now at 7765 posts and I find it hard to get to specific info I look for.
I got a replacement poly and it works nicely with roon, however, whenever I fully charge the m/p, poly stays on after I disconnect from the charger. I use the pin to enter config mode, green/blue flashing, waiting a bit, turning on and off again results in both, p and m status led off
now: what are the steps to get into playback from sd card using glider at home at my usual network I use it in roon mode, and what if I want poly to be fully portable, playback from sd card? what is exactly the hotspot mode? and why dont I ever see the network name as TomisPoly I enter in setup, and which is saved and shown consistently, but only something like the initial poly-534343434 SSID which gets me to the setuppage poly.audio?
I like the usage of roon, but something else, like mobile tidal playback, glider usage, sd card playback, and switching between modes, is a bit of guessing game for me, any help or sum up of the different types of usage and what to enter in the setup, would be highly appreciated.
thank you!
cheers,
tomi

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #7,767 of 18,815
This thread is as of now at 7765 posts and I find it hard to get to specific info I look for.
I got a replacement poly and it works nicely with roon, however, whenever I fully charge the m/p, poly stays on after I disconnect from the charger. I use the pin to enter config mode, green/blue flashing, waiting a bit, turning on and off again results in both, p and m status led off
now: what are the steps to get into playback from sd card using glider at home at my usual network I use it in roon mode, and what if I want poly to be fully portable, playback from sd card? what is exactly the hotspot mode? and why dont I ever see the network name as TomisPoly I enter in setup, and which is saved and shown consistently, but only something like the initial poly-534343434 SSID which gets me to the setuppage poly.audio?
I like the usage of roon, but something else, like mobile tidal playback, glider usage, sd card playback, and switching between modes, is a bit of guessing game for me, any help or sum up of the different types of usage and what to enter in the setup, would be highly appreciated.
thank you!
cheers,
tomi
You can use the search functionality located at the top right hand corner of the screen, but even then it can take a bit of trial and error to find the best search word. @JeremyLaurenson created a wiki to help poly owners - maybe there is some info in the wiki that will help you.

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #7,768 of 18,815
You can use the search functionality located at the top right hand corner of the screen, but even then it can take a bit of trial and error to find the best search word. @JeremyLaurenson created a wiki to help poly owners - maybe there is some info in the wiki that will help you.

Thank you for the hint with the wiki, I will search for that and check it out, probably the comprehensive information I seek is to be found there.
thanks again,
tomi

Mar 19, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #7,769 of 18,815
Are you experiencing drop outs?
I am still charging but to be honest, even my old Poly, using the iPhone as a hot spot rarely, if ever, had dropouts. I guess I was lucky.

Mar 19, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #7,770 of 18,815
thank you!
cheers,
tomi
I find that after being charged for a while when you remove the USB Poly stays on for a short while... I believe it turns off some period of time. I have not watched it closely because it seems to turn off and I do not see significant drain on the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back