1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
Next

Last
  1. Gr8h8m
    That's a neat, cheap little device! How did it work out for you - reliable?

2. JeremyLaurenson
    Here are the responses minus one smart-ass.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.47.59 PM.png

3. NaiveSound
    Very tight and snug, love it

4. Gr8h8m
    Might have been good to leave it up for a few more days to allow more to respond

headmanPL likes this.
  5. JeremyLaurenson
    Gr8h8m likes this.
  6. JeremyLaurenson
    When roaming, hotspot is disabled unless you turn on Data - which lets the rest of iOS to use your data to go get emails, iCloud etc.

7. Amberlamps
    Ah I didnt know that, until Poly came out I had no use for iphone’s hotspot, If I recall, I tried it on my old draytek router with an android phone.

I could hook my old droid phone to one of the routers usb ports and I could “bond” 3g and VDSL together or use it as a failover/backup incase VDSL died.

Or I could just plug the phone into a usb port on the router and solely use 3g as my home internet connection. I have never needed to use it before, but from today I will know never to use hotspot mode in Prague.

Using your phones data in foreign countries is a problem due to the cost, I dont know where you are from but in the UK, if we goto certain countries in europe its just like being at home costwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2018
  8. LeeMark
    Got my replacement poly, charging now but was able to set up and have it recognize my iPhone hotspot in no time at all. Big difference. What I have never heard was what was the difference between the first polys and the ones that are beings ent out now that seem to work much better.

9. NaiveSound

Are you experiencing drop outs?

10. Priaptor
    Got mine on Saturday. Turns on instantly. I have been using exclusively with Roon and haven’t had a dropout yet despite my first one dropping out consistently

I have my fingers crossed but if it works like this I am very happy and can wait for the app

11. tomi1976
    This thread is as of now at 7765 posts and I find it hard to get to specific info I look for.
    I got a replacement poly and it works nicely with roon, however, whenever I fully charge the m/p, poly stays on after I disconnect from the charger. I use the pin to enter config mode, green/blue flashing, waiting a bit, turning on and off again results in both, p and m status led off
    now: what are the steps to get into playback from sd card using glider at home at my usual network I use it in roon mode, and what if I want poly to be fully portable, playback from sd card? what is exactly the hotspot mode? and why dont I ever see the network name as TomisPoly I enter in setup, and which is saved and shown consistently, but only something like the initial poly-534343434 SSID which gets me to the setuppage poly.audio?
    I like the usage of roon, but something else, like mobile tidal playback, glider usage, sd card playback, and switching between modes, is a bit of guessing game for me, any help or sum up of the different types of usage and what to enter in the setup, would be highly appreciated.
    thank you!
    cheers,
    tomi

12. miketlse
    You can use the search functionality located at the top right hand corner of the screen, but even then it can take a bit of trial and error to find the best search word. @JeremyLaurenson created a wiki to help poly owners - maybe there is some info in the wiki that will help you.

13. tomi1976
    Thank you for the hint with the wiki, I will search for that and check it out, probably the comprehensive information I seek is to be found there.
    thanks again,
    tomi

14. LeeMark
    I am still charging but to be honest, even my old Poly, using the iPhone as a hot spot rarely, if ever, had dropouts. I guess I was lucky.

NaiveSound likes this.
  15. huangwan
    I find that after being charged for a while when you remove the USB Poly stays on for a short while... I believe it turns off some period of time. I have not watched it closely because it seems to turn off and I do not see significant drain on the battery.

First

Back
508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517
519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528
Next

Last