Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #451 of 18,757
Why would you need Mojo/Poly for this use case??????

Using bluetooth from the phone directly to your bluetooth headphones is literally the same thing. All you are using Poly for in that case is as a repeater. You don't need it for such short distances... in fact, it's like the phone would be closer to the headphones than Mojo/Poly. 

I agree... If the Bluetooth headphone is the one converting the digital files to analogue... Why even have a mojo and a poly in the first place? :confused:

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #452 of 18,757

Using bluetooth from the phone directly to your bluetooth headphones is literally the same thing. All you are using Poly for in that case is as a repeater. You don't need it for such short distances... in fact, it's like the phone would be closer to the headphones than Mojo/Poly. 

So that I could store the music on the Poly? (???????)

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #453 of 18,757
I agree... If the Bluetooth headphone is the one converting the digital files to analogue... Why even have a mojo and a poly in the first place?
confused.gif

Because I might want to use it at different times in different ways? 

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #455 of 18,757

Re read what I'd said please!

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #456 of 18,757
Bluetooth compresses audio, ostensibly resulting in a loss in audio quality. The difference with the Poly is that you can use Wi-Fi (instead of Bluetooth, though you may use Bluetooth if you want as well) to have a lossless connection, so audio quality is not compromised. Poly makes your Mojo wireless. And it has an SD card reader. Those are the selling points.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #458 of 18,757
Lol how many memory cards alone could you buy for the price of the chord...

Sure. Same as for any expensive DAP. Not sure what your point is?  It's a use case. It's not the only use case. You and I can still stick our silver wires into the thing as much as we want. Flexibility is surely a good thing, no? Wasn't that a large part of the point of Mojo in the first place?

Tough crowd 

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #460 of 18,757
Not to mention miniscule DAPs with card readers and BT that can be used as a transport. 

But hey, those DAPs probably don't give you a triple core processor on a ten layer board with blind/buried vias. Even if they do probably sound the same. 
There a quite a few phone's that can't accept SD cards, I'm sure you know that but the chance of a snipping sarcastic comment is never to be missed eh!

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #463 of 18,757
There a quite a few phone's that can't accept SD cards, I'm sure you know that but the chance of a snipping sarcastic comment is never to be missed eh!

Well, you could shut me down pretty quickly by providing lab measurements and data that substantiate your claim that your product is better than alternatives in the market.

Endpoint throughput testing with something like IxChariot under various conditions (varying SNR in the 2.4GHz spectrum would be a start), measured noise performance at the output of Mojo with both transceivers active, etc. But you've declined to even acknowledge such requests thus far, so I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath, eh!

By the way, buying a phone which can support SD cards would be cheaper than buying a Poly. I'm sure you know that.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #465 of 18,757
Well, you could shut me down pretty quickly by providing lab measurements and data that substantiate your claim that your product is better than alternatives in the market.

Endpoint throughput testing with something like IxChariot under various conditions (varying SNR in the 2.4GHz spectrum would be a start), measured noise performance at the output of Mojo with both transceivers active, etc. But you've declined to even acknowledge such requests thus far, so I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath, eh!

By the way, buying a phone which can support SD cards would be cheaper than buying a Poly. I'm sure you know that.

For a while there we were starting to discuss features and uses...now we are back to price.  Not everyone needs to follow only one path or use case.  Let's please stick to the potential uses and benefits (many of which won't be known until we get more data and reviews), but there are a lot of currently possible cases already:

1) use phone with no cable between phone and DAC
2) wireless streamer from NAS (home system)
3) [let's keep adding]

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back