Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 25, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #3,886 of 18,778
That's really bad news! Please update us! Anything out of the ordinary before this that you remember? Different charger, cable, dead battery or something else? Have you dropped it? Thx
By the way, charging MojoPoly with a iBasso 5V 2.5 A charger and it's dead silent, just like 2.4 A Zenpower batt. So it kinda makes noises when not enough Amperage..I think. Supposing they all provide the specified 5V or very close

@beemarman

Came back to life after following beemarman's advice. It took two minutes to bring it back to life. Annoying and a little scary...

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #3,888 of 18,778
People who don’t own a Poly should not even talk as they don’t know how faulty this product is.
I don't own a poly, but I think that i have a right to talk!

• Some of the Poly owners who post, are posting through a haze of anger, frustration, disappointment, etc, and let this flow out into their posts
  • If you don't own a Poly, you don't have this anger and frustration, and so can post in a clear, rational manner - which i think is helpful in the current situation
If you want to demonstrate your expertise by posting
It is also 2017. We have robots currently explorering planets 33.900.000 miles away from earth, yet this device cannot connect to my home wifi? :p

I think it is fair to point out the following context:
  • robots exploring planets, are usually the end product of scientific projects that started 20 or 30 years earlier, and required global teams of thousands of scientists/engineers/communications experts etc, to realise the project - so far more resources than Chord
  • Because the robots/orbiters are so far away, they are only able to communicate for a short period each day, when the ground based (earth) receiving stations are aligned - so no 24/7 wireless transmission, plus the receiving station is aimed to only look for radio transmissions from an arc of sky maybe only a couple of degrees wide (this is very different for any poly, which is receiving signals from an arc that is 360 degree wide)
  • The robots/orbiters have been designed to use only one or two radio frequencies, so the ground based (earth) receiving stations, have no need to scan a wide frequency range, or get confused by competing signals from a multitude of satellites (very different to the poly, being constantly bombarded by wifi/bluetooth from multiple sources phones/TVs/computers/nearby commuters, some of which could be located in your neighbours house/appartment)
  • In many respects, it is amazing that wireless/bluetooth works so effectively, in most cases
Nevertheless, as you have pointed out, because I do not own a Poly, all the above rational information/factsexplanation are invalid.

I shall also add that I am not on Chords payroll.

:relaxed:

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #3,889 of 18,778
Nov 25, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #3,890 of 18,778
A little Saturday fun!

Attachments

• Mojopoly.jpg
    Mojopoly.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #3,891 of 18,778
Nov 25, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #3,892 of 18,778
Nov 25, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #3,894 of 18,778
I don't own a poly, but I think that i have a right to talk!

• Some of the Poly owners who post, are posting through a haze of anger, frustration, disappointment, etc, and let this flow out into their posts
  • If you don't own a Poly, you don't have this anger and frustration, and so can post in a clear, rational manner - which i think is helpful in the current situation
If you want to demonstrate your expertise by posting

I think it is fair to point out the following context:
  • robots exploring planets, are usually the end product of scientific projects that started 20 or 30 years earlier, and required global teams of thousands of scientists/engineers/communications experts etc, to realise the project - so far more resources than Chord
  • Because the robots/orbiters are so far away, they are only able to communicate for a short period each day, when the ground based (earth) receiving stations are aligned - so no 24/7 wireless transmission, plus the receiving station is aimed to only look for radio transmissions from an arc of sky maybe only a couple of degrees wide (this is very different for any poly, which is receiving signals from an arc that is 360 degree wide)
  • The robots/orbiters have been designed to use only one or two radio frequencies, so the ground based (earth) receiving stations, have no need to scan a wide frequency range, or get confused by competing signals from a multitude of satellites (very different to the poly, being constantly bombarded by wifi/bluetooth from multiple sources phones/TVs/computers/nearby commuters, some of which could be located in your neighbours house/appartment)
  • In many respects, it is amazing that wireless/bluetooth works so effectively, in most cases
Nevertheless, as you have pointed out, because I do not own a Poly, all the above rational information/factsexplanation are invalid.

I shall also add that I am not on Chords payroll.

:relaxed:

Why are people who don’t own a poly talking when they have no experience with this product? It adds no value accept adding noise.

If Apple released a product in the current state that the Poly is, it would be more than just a couple of negative posts on a forum that most people that don’t even read.

Anyway, Chord has recognised the issues so that is why I am a bit “complacent” for now and I will give Chord some time to fix it. However I have to side with the others who are angry as this is not acceptable for a product.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #3,896 of 18,778
Is there a Dark Theme available for Glider on iPad? I can't seem to find it in the sparse Settings menu. Screenshots on AppStore show Dark but looks like iPhone?

We don't have a dark theme yet, but we are considering adding one. The screenshot you're referring to is probably the now playing screen, which does currently display dark on both iPhone and iPad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back