1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
Next

Last
  1. NYanakiev
    @beemarman

Came back to life after following beemarman's advice. It took two minutes to bring it back to life. Annoying and a little scary...

2. Andreeas1978
    Did it show blue light after normally charging them together?

3. miketlse
    I don't own a poly, but I think that i have a right to talk!

• Some of the Poly owners who post, are posting through a haze of anger, frustration, disappointment, etc, and let this flow out into their posts
    • If you don't own a Poly, you don't have this anger and frustration, and so can post in a clear, rational manner - which i think is helpful in the current situation
    If you want to demonstrate your expertise by posting
    I think it is fair to point out the following context:
    • robots exploring planets, are usually the end product of scientific projects that started 20 or 30 years earlier, and required global teams of thousands of scientists/engineers/communications experts etc, to realise the project - so far more resources than Chord
    • Because the robots/orbiters are so far away, they are only able to communicate for a short period each day, when the ground based (earth) receiving stations are aligned - so no 24/7 wireless transmission, plus the receiving station is aimed to only look for radio transmissions from an arc of sky maybe only a couple of degrees wide (this is very different for any poly, which is receiving signals from an arc that is 360 degree wide)
    • The robots/orbiters have been designed to use only one or two radio frequencies, so the ground based (earth) receiving stations, have no need to scan a wide frequency range, or get confused by competing signals from a multitude of satellites (very different to the poly, being constantly bombarded by wifi/bluetooth from multiple sources phones/TVs/computers/nearby commuters, some of which could be located in your neighbours house/appartment)
    • In many respects, it is amazing that wireless/bluetooth works so effectively, in most cases
    Nevertheless, as you have pointed out, because I do not own a Poly, all the above rational information/factsexplanation are invalid.

I shall also add that I am not on Chords payroll.

:relaxed:

4. NYanakiev
    White currently as it is being charged.

5. NYanakiev
    A little Saturday fun!

6. NYanakiev
    image.JPG

carapau, mandrei83 and maxh22 like this.
  7. NYanakiev
    image (1).JPG

mandrei83 and rwelles like this.
  8. miketlse
    Maybe the top right corner could become "you have won the lottery - go to dealers and buy DAVE and BLU2"
    The bottom left hand corner could become the "hifi dealers"

Maybe others can propose other hifi/Chord themed squares.

:relaxed:

9. ubs28
    Why are people who don’t own a poly talking when they have no experience with this product? It adds no value accept adding noise.

If Apple released a product in the current state that the Poly is, it would be more than just a couple of negative posts on a forum that most people that don’t even read.

Anyway, Chord has recognised the issues so that is why I am a bit “complacent” for now and I will give Chord some time to fix it. However I have to side with the others who are angry as this is not acceptable for a product.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  10. JeremyLaurenson
    I think this is probably the known issue of discharging when plugged in overnight. Mine woke up on red, yours was further down.

11. joe28
    We don't have a dark theme yet, but we are considering adding one. The screenshot you're referring to is probably the now playing screen, which does currently display dark on both iPhone and iPad.

12. Andreeas1978
    Yep, but after charging both unplug charger and power on, was Poly blue?
    And I always had MojoPoly/Monopoly ringing in my mind :)))

13. Andreeas1978
    Very likely!

14. Andreeas1978
    Wasn't that supposed to mean "charging"..?

15. miketlse
    By noise, I presume you mean "views, opinions, facts, information, that differ from your own opinions.

First

Back
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270
Next

Last