1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
Next

Last
  1. Signal2Noise
    Is there a Dark Theme available for Glider on iPad? I can't seem to find it in the sparse Settings menu. Screenshots on AppStore show Dark but looks like iPhone?

2. AudioBear
    Well, if not receiving a free case is punishment then all US buyers are punished too. Cases are US$110 and they don’t give them away here. Botton line, asking for free cases is a bit much to expect.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  3. AudioTransit9213
    I second this. I was disappointed to find out I did not receive the code for one. Especially since there was a comment by JF on here at the time that implied I, and others, had pre-ordered in time to still receive one. Regardless of that tho, I never expected one. The chord case and the coming Van Nuys case both appear to be premium products. Expecting these to be included with every poly would be equivalent to expecting Samsung or Apple to include an Otterbox case with every phone.

4. ubs28
    It is also 2017. We have robots currently explorering planets 33.900.000 miles away from earth, yet this device cannot connect to my home wifi? :p

And when Apple existed out of only 2 people, Steve and his friend created the first computer that would simply work with a keyboard and a display out of his parents garage, which might not seem special today but at the time it was revolutiary. So I wouldn’t use size as an argument about why Apple is so good.

Only with audio devices do I see these kind of funny things (which is why I stay away from DAP’s as it doesn’t really look professional)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Staxton likes this.
  5. jarnopp
    I think your last sentence proves the point. If it were so easy, why is the Poly the only mobile streamer? It’s not that it can’t be done, but no one else has created the platform at this price point. If/when successful, then we should see more competition.

6. ubs28
    Aren't iPhone's and iPad's the first mobile streaming devices? They can stream music, videos and pictures to AirPlay speakers, receivers and TV's.

Or do streamers do alot more than streaming content to other devices? (I never owned a streamer so not sure what the definition is)

It's super easy to make a high-end DAP. One smartphone maker simply has to include a high-end DAC/AMP and then they basically have killed the DAP market imo based on the quality that I have seen from super expensive DAP's.

Staxton likes this.
  7. NYanakiev
    @Mojo ideas @Matt Bartlett Poly won't start anymore- has been working without a hitch since release. Now P-light won't come on after charging. Waited for more than 20 minutes, restarted Mojo and waited for another 20 minutes- no luck.

It won't even come back on when on the charger.

EDIT: no light when charging Poly on its own either
    EDT 2: emailed support just now but the unit looks pretty dead to me

8. beemarman
    Detach the poly and charge it on it's own. After about 1 hour, put it it back together, and then see if it's working.

I have the same problem, and have to do the above in order to get the poly to work.

9. styks
    If one gets and others don't while the offer is running, just because they buy from Amazon in the UK, for what ever reason, and not knowing that that is the case, then that is plainly wrong.

This will be the reason many will be returned to Amazon in favour of buying from a high street retailer. It's
    Inevetible, I won't be the only one!

Of course supplying a case with every Poly for an extended period of time would not be expected. Most companies have promos for a short while to boost initial sales.

To be discriminated against based on where you buy, without prior knowledge, without it being widely known / plainly communicated, i say again, that is wrong!

In reply to the comment about being punished in the USA also, there are many deals country specific, we see that all the time. I myself have wished a deal availble over the pond was available here also, many times.

Staxton likes this.
  10. NYanakiev
    Thanks, will try.....

11. Superpong
    Hi there I just got Poly and I have a quick question about using these two apps with Poly.

AK Connect 2.0 : Can we set the playback to Poly/Chord? The music playback always comes from my phone.
    BubbleUPnP : The cover art image quality is so poor and blurry. Is there anyway to get sharp or crisp cover art?

I keep music files in microSD stored in Poly and enable hotspot wifi on my andriod phone with Poly connecting to it.

12. headmanPL
    Do you have Poly or are you just trolling?

13. ubs28
    Do you have a poly or are you trolling?

14. Superpong
    Hi Matt ---- without requiring wifi , meaning that it will use Bluetooth instead in this case?

15. Andreeas1978
    That's really bad news! Please update us! Anything out of the ordinary before this that you remember? Different charger, cable, dead battery or something else? Have you dropped it? Thx
    By the way, charging MojoPoly with a iBasso 5V 2.5 A charger and it's dead silent, just like 2.4 A Zenpower batt. So it kinda makes noises when not enough Amperage..I think. Supposing they all provide the specified 5V or very close

First

Back
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
Next

Last