Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 22, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #3,796 of 18,784
I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to update your Poly to get the latest bug fixes, enhancements and allow it to work with the app. The first updates are essential but later on you will be able to choose via the app whether and when you want to update.
If updating really is a problem for you then I will investigate blocking individual Poly's from the server so they can't update. Just let me know.

That's fine like it is. My habit has always been hold back on updates until I see the net effect on other users, and then decide to go though with it or not. If I can opt out in the future via the app, that's fine. I just like to have options. No need to block my poly.

Nov 22, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #3,797 of 18,784
I've tried four iPhone apps: 8Player, Glider, MPDluxe and Neutron. My thoughts, for what they're worth...

Glider is nice - nicer and simpler than the others, but doesn't currently run on the iPhone hotspot. In my experience, it doesn't play gapless either, though I gather it should. I know Joe is working on both of these issues, and if they can be sorted, it will be my go-to app.
Im running a Glider beta that fixes hotspot.. stay tuned!

Nov 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #3,798 of 18,784
I've been searching!

I use micro SD for work regularly, so I am used to them.

Poly is getting the Wifi connection but then dropping it off and no longer recognizing it . We've been at it quite a while, reconfiguring, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,800 of 18,784
I've been searching!

I use micro SD for work regularly, so I am used to them.

Poly is getting the Wifi connection but then dropping it off and no longer recognizing it . We've been at it quite a while.
What source are you using? It will help posters to put your dropped signal in context.
Are you positioned close to a powerful router? I think Matt mentioned that if the wifi signal is very strong, then devices will reduce their signal strength, which can lead to a loss of connection.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #3,802 of 18,784
@Matt Bartlett Thanks for the update on the coming firmware revisions. Unfortunately I am in the camp of struggling to boot Poly when turning on my Mojo (only purchased in July this year), I have been discussing this with Mitch via email and he informed me that this issue was being looked into as part of the firmware rollout. I didn't see you mention it in your post, could you confirm if this is the case please?

I can honestly say I'm loving the poly when it's up and running but the fact I can't currently turn it on when I'm out and about is infuriating. If this can't be fixed I think I'm going to have to admit defeat and return my unit. I would appreciate a definite answer on this as my return window is quickly closing.

I somehow get the feeling that this topic is being avoided - perhaps because it will be the hardest to solve.

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #3,803 of 18,784
I somehow get the feeling that this topic is being avoided - perhaps because it will be the hardest to solve.

I'm also still suffering from the boot up issue and would love to know where we are with investigations and or observations please.

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #3,804 of 18,784
Glider is nice - nicer and simpler than the others, but doesn't currently run on the iPhone hotspot. In my experience, it doesn't play gapless either, though I gather it should. I know Joe is working on both of these issues, and if they can be sorted, it will be my go-to app.

As Jeremy mentioned, we do have the hotspot issue resolved internally. I'll follow up with you to make sure we get you a Test Flight build to try out.

Glider does support gapless playback as long as it's implemented on the renderer. I've reached out to Matt to see if we can clarify if the Poly does in fact support this over DLNA. Fingers crossed.

Nov 22, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #3,806 of 18,784
I spent an hour and a half in my car driving to our thanksgiving spot and in hotspot mode, Poly’s performance is “okay”.

I used Glider and 8Player as dlna apps and found:
Glider supports home screen and Apple Watch volume, next and previous tracks, which is great.
Currently it doesn’t see my playlists, I will be monkeying with those.
8player will only play the following track if its up and active, not if the phone is sleeping.
8player does see my playlists but the limitation above is crazy.

I also tried MPDluxe which basically is ‘horrible.

I suspect a decent MPD app will be best ultimately because if poly loses WiFi connection (dropouts seem guaranteed to happen) it should keep going through the playlist, and it supports DSD but for now the app support is terrible.

While things play, the quality is fantastic.

So, in hotspot mode I am underwhelmed, but happy with quality when it does play.
In network mode, aside from airplay, its a disaster for me at the moment.

Waiting for firmware updates! :wink:

Happy turkey day

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #3,807 of 18,784
@Matt Bartlett hello Matt, when the GoFigure app is eventually released, will I still need a 3rd party app such as MPDluxe to control the content on the SD card? I just wanted to manage my expectations because I'm under the current impression that with the release of the GoFigure app, the setup and playback of Poly through it's various mode will be a seamless affair - by that I mean you just need one single app to do everything that the Poly is built for. is my assumption correct?

my main use case for the Poly will be when I am outdoors without a wifi connection so what would be the best mode for the Poly to be in, for the best sound quality? my Mojo and Poly are both ready for collection but since I am out of town, I will only have them in my hands in early December.

thank you Matt for answering my questions :)

Nov 23, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #3,808 of 18,784
I've been switching back and forth between iPhone, iPad, lcd-3's and he400i's and the mojo/poly combo is amazing!!! I was worried about sound quality but it does wireless well. the only thing I don't like is to 16/24 bitrate on both bluetooth and wifi but the sound is really incredible for wireless. its great on the go and even at home watching movies on my iPad. it does the whole netflix, Hulu,tidal and Spotify thing really well!!!!

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #3,809 of 18,784
I've been switching back and forth between iPhone, iPad, lcd-3's and he400i's and the mojo/poly combo is amazing!!! I was worried about sound quality but it does wireless well. the only thing I don't like is to 16/24 bitrate on both bluetooth and wifi but the sound is really incredible for wireless. its great on the go and even at home watching movies on my iPad. it does the whole netflix, Hulu,tidal and Spotify thing really well!!!!

I suspect what you are doing is using it in "AirPlay" mode which is limited to 16/44.1

If you use the Poly in DLNA or Roon mode - it will do hires PCM. And will do DSD on Roon (once the new firmware is out)

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #3,810 of 18,784
I spent an hour and a half in my car driving to our thanksgiving spot and in hotspot mode, Poly’s performance is “okay”.

I used Glider and 8Player as dlna apps and found:
Glider supports home screen and Apple Watch volume, next and previous tracks, which is great.
Currently it doesn’t see my playlists, I will be monkeying with those.

New Glider beta fixes playlists. Woot! @joe28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back