Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 22, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #3,769 of 18,778
Matt

Can we look forward to a solution to the start up boot problem that is poisoning the Poly experience for so many?

Thanks.

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #3,770 of 18,778
BTW Just out of curiosity what firmware version do you have, mine shows as 1.04 (bottom left of web page where mac address of wifi & Bluetooth shows up)?

It could explain different responses if we have some older/newer ones - I have assumed we all have a release version as it's so new.

Hmm I already get the data mentioned on my web page - has mine updated recently or is this just placeholder text?

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #3,773 of 18,778
Hmm I already get the data mentioned on my web page - has mine updated recently or is this just placeholder text?

No not yet. You need to look for version 1.0.6 and above but I will confirm all these details.
Just to reiterate I will post when the update is available so don't worry about leaving Poly on at the moment as nothing will happen.

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #3,774 of 18,778
Will any of these updates by any chance fix the issue of streaming services on android seeing poly as a playback device? Hotspot connection works fine as is. Just would be nice to directly use Tidal, Spotify, etc interface as opposed to BubbleUPnP etc.

Not these updates but we are working with Google to get an answer for Android users.

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #3,775 of 18,778
Good to hear.

I would also like to add to the seemingly short list of positive feedback on this thread.
I personally have found it very enjoyable to use poly thru Bluetooth while out and about. I have used multiple Bluetooth receivers and headphones just due to my work environment. Compared to the Wi-Fi connection, yes the audio quality is noticeably diminished. Compared to basically every other option on the market for wireless mobile audio, the poly sounds amazing even in this lossy format. For a perfect example, try to use the Noble bts. That has got to be the worst sounding device I've ever heard in my life outside of Apple ear buds and ear pods.

I just feel that we should all be trying to find the positives, enjoy the device we've waited so long for, and be grateful for the level of response and service chord are providing, and just make the best of it til we have even more functionality to be grateful for.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #3,777 of 18,778
I too was surprised at how good the BT sounds. Another thing I don't understand but appreciate is the wired performance of my noise reducing Sony 1000MX2 headphones. I assume that when I send an analog wired signal from MojoPoly to the headphones, the signal is digitized, manipulated by Sony ESP and then sent through the headphone's DAC. I expected the phones to sound the same from any wired source given all the Sony processing. But not so, the MojoPoly wired output is better than any analog source I have tried (eg iPhone, etc), A pleasant surprise I don't understand.

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,778 of 18,778
I too was surprised at how good the BT sounds. Another thing I don't understand but appreciate is the wired performance of my noise reducing Sony 1000MX2 headphones. I assume that when I send an analog wired signal from MojoPoly to the headphones, the signal is digitized, manipulated by Sony ESP and then sent through the headphone's DAC. I expected the phones to sound the same from any wired source given all the Sony processing. But not so, the MojoPoly wired output is better than any analog source I have tried (eg iPhone, etc), A pleasant surprise I don't understand.
If I'm not mistaken, the processing in any wireless headphone like that is bypassed when a wired connection is established. I know this was the case with the old Soul by Ludacris sl300's. When plugged in they had a weaker sound and were far harder to drive because the internal amp and everything was completely bypassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back