Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 16, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #3,526 of 18,757
Finally got Personal Hotspot working on my iPhone 6 plus iOS 11.2 beta3...
For anyone wondering... and not sure if related to the beta... besides not using spaces and non alpha numeric / special characters don't use upper case in your SSID name.
I changed to all lower case and the Poly finally connected to my iPhone.

Unfortunately, I still cannot connect to the Poly with the MPDluxe app. Tried and alternative MPDjs and it shows the the IP 192.168.1.1 is correct but refusing connection :frowning2:
Do you have a correctly formatted card in there? Without that, the poly can't build it's database and so connections aren't allowed.

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #3,527 of 18,757
I have followed this thread closely since the beginning and even more so now when actual user cases are showing up. So far most people seem to use Poly to pair with Tidal, SD-card or Spotify. I am curious to hear user cases connecting to a NAS, especially when on a different Wi-Fi than the NAS.

Anyone?

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #3,529 of 18,757
Do you have a correctly formatted card in there? Without that, the poly can't build it's database and so connections aren't allowed.

I am having the same issue. MPDluxe is correctly configured but won’t connect. The SD card is being read just fine.

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #3,530 of 18,757
I believe so... I took the new fresh card out of its blister packing, inserted into my Mac and checked the format as indeed being exFAT.
Is there a specific naming convention for mSD to respect?

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #3,532 of 18,757
I am having the same issue. MPDluxe is correctly configured but won’t connect. The SD card is being read just fine.
I have never got MPDeluxe to connect properly. I gave up after reading that ALAC files were not supported.

BTW someone should start to collate the problems and solutions and add them to the first post in the thread. It's hard to keep track of everything with so many variables of apps, formats, connections etc. Would be really helpful.

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #3,534 of 18,757
I am speechless , i dont know what to say ,, its was a recommendation of chord engineer !!
as you can see he is ignoring anything regarding the SD apps play back , which i think is an after thought idea for them
i was going to order with my next paycheck ,, but now after seeing that there is almost none exciting appropriate way to play SD card files through playback app ,
Poly is useless for me ..

Ok so I seem to have upset you. You asked for advice on an app that will play via DLNA but also has the option for DSP and DLNA. Neutron is the only app that I know that has these
features so I will throw this out to the community for more help and advice. I've been using it on Android and it is ok but certainly not as slick as 8Player / BubbleUPnP or some of the other apps that are available.

However I don't understand why you are saying I have ignored you regarding apps that will playback from the SD card? There has been much discussion on here regarding the apps that can do this and as @emgeebee
has said you can use MPDeluxe, MPDRemote, M.A.L.P, 8Player, Sesam, BubbleUPnP to name a few.

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #3,536 of 18,757
Are you connecting using Poly's own hotspot? I posted the images of my connection a couple of pages back that should help.

Thanks, I wasn’t doing that through Poly’s hotspot.

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #3,537 of 18,757
Thanks, I wasn’t doing that through Poly’s hotspot.

The ip address of 192.168.1.1 will only work with Poly's own hotspot mode.
If you use another WiFi network then if you quickly press in the config button on Poly you can hear
the nice lady speak the mode and ip address. This is the address you need to put into MPD.

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #3,538 of 18,757
I have followed this thread closely since the beginning and even more so now when actual user cases are showing up. So far most people seem to use Poly to pair with Tidal, SD-card or Spotify. I am curious to hear user cases connecting to a NAS, especially when on a different Wi-Fi than the NAS.

Anyone?

Yes you can play from a NAS into Poly but you do need to have it on the same network. Most NAS devices will be wired onto the network and this is ok providing your WiFi router is also connected to the same wired network.

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #3,539 of 18,757
Yes you can play from a NAS into Poly but you do need to have it on the same network. Most NAS devices will be wired onto the network and this is ok providing your WiFi router is also connected to the same wired network.
Hi Matt
I am having trouble getting Airplay to work when using my phones hotspot. I can select Poly to Airplay on my phone but when I play something through either Apple Music app (music stored on my phone) or Tidal. Through the apple music app it plays with no sound at all. Occasionally I get a second or two of sound then it disappears again. and via Tidal streaming it starts and stops and never plays properly and drops the airplay connection as well. Should I be able to use Airplay via my phones hotspot?

Nov 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #3,540 of 18,757
Hi Matt
I am having trouble getting Airplay to work when using my phones hotspot. I can select Poly to Airplay on my phone but when I play something through either Apple Music app (music stored on my phone) or Tidal. Through the apple music app it plays with no sound at all. Occasionally I get a second or two of sound then it disappears again. and via Tidal streaming it starts and stops and never plays properly and drops the airplay connection as well. Should I be able to use Airplay via my phones hotspot?

Ok two things to check first.
1. Are you close to another stronger WiFi network or is this whilst you are outside 'on the go'?
2. Do you have good cellular coverage? Tidal will need a good 3G/4G signal to stream especially if you are using HiFi quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back