Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 16, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #3,556 of 18,742
Hi Matt and John

So the new firmware will come out sometime this week right? If I read the previous post correctly. Also the go figure app too?
I guess the way to update the firmware is through the go figure app?
Does that mean the go figure app will launch this week?

Really can’t wait for the app to release soon enough.

Please correct me if I’m wrong .
Thank you

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #3,557 of 18,742
I am using my Poly to play via the SD card. The wifi settings on Poly are connected to my iPhone. On my iPhone I use 8 Player to control the SD card playback on Poly.

Everything is working fine, except I am getting a fair bit of noise in the background. The battery on the Poly is pretty low, but I'm not sure this would be causing noise. Anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it? Thanks!

Can you tell me what network setting you used on the Poly to connect to your iPhone?
I've tried various ways after I finally got my Personal Hotspot to work by using all lower case as the iPhone's SSID.
But still not seeing the mSD card in 8player :frowning2:
I even tried a different mSD card similarly formatted in exFAT

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #3,558 of 18,742
Tried using Roon again, it required some sort of an update (possibly due to new music having been added). Currently getting the purple lossless light on Roon (Poly still coming up as uncertified)

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #3,559 of 18,742
Tried using Roon again, it required some sort of an update (possibly due to new music having been added). Currently getting the purple lossless light on Roon (Poly still coming up as uncertified)

Roon has small updates regularly - nothing to do with the library.

And yes Poly is still uncertified and purple means it is converting/transcoding from the original signal IIRC.

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #3,560 of 18,742
Wow, it's never a Chord issue is it? I can tell you then when lining them up perfectly, they don't mate. At all, even vaguely. You can see that the metal from the plug hits cleanly on the shielding of the receptacles.

The Poly AND Mojo connectors are at an angle, clearly seen here where the bottom two connector pins clearly diverge:

And here:
I stand humbled and corrected I know early on we had an issues with the very early Mojo USBs and we’d tightened the design up considerably we though we’d caught all those and recycled them. What threw me was that, it seemed to my first reading that you were saying that the Polys USBs were out of line which would not have been likely due to the finer mechanical tolarancing of the Poly PCB, but of course it was indeed your Mojos that are out of line. Please return it and we replace your Mojo or fix the USBs promptly all current Mojos are jigged

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #3,561 of 18,742
I am having a pretty annoying issue. Using DLNA with 8player, I was only able to get Poly streaming, which resulted in a 96khz signal.

Upon following the same steps again I only get a red light on Mojo. I tried around 20 times with only two resulting in the desired signal.

During the two times when I got where I wanted, music was breaking up every few seconds with long pauses when switching tracks.

I have been following guidance provided by Mitch but no joy.

Mitch will reply to you. Just make sure you are not using Airplay by mistake.

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #3,562 of 18,742
I stand humbled and corrected I know early on we had an issues with the very early Mojo USBs and we’d tightened the design up considerably we though we’d caught all those and recycled them. What threw me was that, it seemed to my first reading that you were saying that the Polys USBs were out of line which would not have been likely due to the finer mechanical tolarancing of the Poly PCB, but of course it was indeed your Mojos that are out of line. Please return it and we replace your Mojo or fix the USBs promptly all current Mojos are jigged

The poly USB does seem out of alignment too. Please go take a pook at production in case theres an issue. If you look at the lower microusb pin in the picture you'll see it is at an angle, though not as much as the mojo

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #3,564 of 18,742
Update for anyone having mSD connection refused issues with their Poly... I received a replacement at the shop where I bought the Poly and it turned out the first one was faulty. The replacement is now working fine and as advertised.

Can someone make a list of DLNa apps that support DSD streaming?

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #3,565 of 18,742
Gents

Sent an email to Bubblesoft with regards to issues with Gapless Playback. Here's the response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in BubbleUPnP.

First, that MALP app does not control renderers using UPnP/DLNA but using the mpd protocol which is entirely different.

With UPnP/DLAN, gapless playback has to be supported by the renderer. Most do not support it.
You can check for a specific renderer if it may support it: go into top side menu > 3 dot menu on renderer > Info.
If the renderer may support gapless playback, a line stating "Gapless playback: potentially supported" will be displayed.
If this line is displayed, it means the renderer may support it, but there is no guarantee. If this line is not displayed, the
renderer does not support it at all.

if the info popup reports that at least one of your renderer may support gapless, you can try enabling gapless control in
'Settings > UPnP Tweaks > Gapless control' then try to play a gapless album. If it still does not work, disable this setting.

Cheers,
Bubblesoft

Hi

I purchased the licence last night. I like your app, needs few improvements which I am sure would be working towards anyway.

With regards to the gapless playback when sending off to a renderer it still doesn't do it gaplessly. There's a small delay. I have tried another MPD (M.A.L.P) and it doesn't have any issues with doing it gapless.

My renderer is Chord Poly module.

Can you please advise?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Ven

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #3,568 of 18,742
Update for anyone having mSD connection refused issues with their Poly... I received a replacement at the shop where I bought the Poly and it turned out the first one was faulty. The replacement is now working fine and as advertised.

Can someone make a list of DLNa apps that support DSD streaming?

I had the same with a brand new Kingston SD card. Lasted all of a fortnight. I recall someone on this thread mentioning Samsung as being more reliable. I swapped for a Samsung evo. Fingers crossed that lasts...

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #3,569 of 18,742
Dear Matt and John (@Matt Bartlett @Mojo ideas)

No one answered my question about Chromecast Audio support. I do appreciate the fact that you guys are tirelessly working hard to get people on board with their respective Polys. And there was a question raised on Android app which hasn't been answered either if I am not mistaken. Please give us an update on this.

Regards
Ven

Hi Ven,
Sorry for the late reply. We are not avoiding the question but it just can't be answered yet. Chromecast is far from straightforward and not something that Google have an immediate answer for but we are working on it.
Yes there will be an Android app but this will happen after the iOS release. Apple apps are far more complicated than the Android equivalent so we concentrated on the hardest first.

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #3,570 of 18,742
Just came across something pretty cool: an iOS app called Glider. The developer is pretty responsive, we are having a discussion on the app and the features we need to see for best interaction with our Polys.

Feel free to join in:
T.me/audiosanctuaryuk

EDIT: this is a Telegram group

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back