Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #3,496 of 18,821
Have the instructions changed? If you use a 2A charger and are not playing then charge time should be 4 hours (giving approx. 9 hours runtime).

No, 4 hours is the quoted charge time. But, the first charge instructions say to charge for 6 hours before use.

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3,497 of 18,821
You have worried me now - I thought GoFigure will include the ability to control playback of files on the SDCard via Bluetooth?

Not had a whole lot of luck today. Airplay won't recognise Poly even though it is on the same Wifi Network. And Audirvana seems to be having issues of its own.

Abrupt interjection:

What sort of issues have you run into with Audirvana? I'd like to compare with mine, the most notable being it not seeing mojopoly from time to time (despite restarting the app and even the restarting the MacBook pro).

The other issue is stability, when it works well it sounds brilliant, in fact so good that I want to become more and more reliant on it as my main playback method but sometimes if takes 10-15 seconds to start playback and at others playback stops and the app crashes.

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #3,498 of 18,821
I am trying to understand how us iOS users can go around the stupid 44.1khz limitation imposed by Airplay.

I am currently using 8player for sd card playback and only get a red light. Needless to say, this is exactly what I am seeing with Tidal hifi as well.

Is there any way around this other than using Roon/switching to Android?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #3,499 of 18,821
Moon audio buyers: They did manage to ship a ton of them yesterday but in the mad dash have not updated all accounts and sent tracking numbers.

Your Poly is likely on the way

Sure looks that way. Now have a FedEx tracking number! The long wait is almost over. Time to read the user guide!

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #3,500 of 18,821
Hello guys, this is my first post in Head-Fi.

I got my poly last week, and everything is fine. I spent at least 3~4 days to read through all the discussion in here (starting form page one hundred something ) before setting up my poly, to make sure i do right. And finally i did it! it works perfectly with both my home wifi and my iphone hotspot on the go. No charging problem, no connection problem. really thanks to guys in Chord.
I'm now using 8player via iPhone to control my poly to play my SD card. It is a pity that half of my music collection in DSD file cannot be played. I'm really looking forward to the GoFigure app to unleash MonoPoly's full power. And I won't need that much time to setup poly with GoFigure, too.

Ok, let's go to my question.
I'm now looking for a software to stream music from my Mac's music collection to Poly at home. Which one would you suggest, Audirvana or Roon? Or any other suggestion? Thanks.

Nov 15, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #3,501 of 18,821
I am trying to understand how us iOS users can go around the stupid 44.1khz limitation imposed by Airplay.

I am currently using 8player for sd card playback and only get a red light. Needless to say, this is exactly what I am seeing with Tidal hifi as well.

Is there any way around this other than using Roon/switching to Android?

You can’t get around the 44.1 limit on Airplay.

Tidal HiFi is lossless 16/44.1 so the red light is correct with Tidal HiFi.

Not sure about your mSD card playback.

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #3,502 of 18,821
Abrupt interjection:

What sort of issues have you run into with Audirvana? I'd like to compare with mine, the most notable being it not seeing mojopoly from time to time (despite restarting the app and even the restarting the MacBook pro).

The other issue is stability, when it works well it sounds brilliant, in fact so good that I want to become more and more reliant on it as my main playback method but sometimes if takes 10-15 seconds to start playback and at others playback stops and the app crashes.

Audirvana is pretty stable for me on my home WiFi network and at my in laws WiFi network. But I have had problems at a hotel and in my work place. The Poly usually shows up, but Audirvana has frozen and then stopped playback for no apparent reason. I have no idea why at this point.

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #3,503 of 18,821
I‘m having alot of fun with my Sennheiser HD 700 hearing my music from Audirvana/mac rendered via mojopoly. Bought them for 350 used, best headphones i ever used. Gave back the new Sennheiser HD 660 S for them, the 700s are so much better then the new 660 S. Not to mention the big step up in wearing comfort the 700s provide.

You mean Sennheiser HD 700? I am not aware of any HD 700S being released yet...
By the way, how do you feel the difference between HD 660S (newly released) and the HD 700? Which are your impressions towards these two model of headphones?
I was intending to buy HD 660S, but I am still oscillating in a comparison with HD 700.

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #3,504 of 18,821
So even though the manual said to charge for 6 hours on the initial charge, it's been just over 3 and my poly is now showing the alternating blue/green which should mean access point mode. Any reason to keep charging at this point or is it good to go? I assume it's fully charged since the white charging light isn't showing anymore.

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #3,505 of 18,821
Does that mean that the o
You can’t get around the 44.1 limit on Airplay.

Tidal HiFi is lossless 16/44.1 so the red light is correct with Tidal HiFi.

Not sure about your mSD card playback.

Does that mean that that there is truly no way around this? That would be a pretty big turn-off for people who want to use Mojopoly on the go...

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #3,506 of 18,821

Does that mean that that there is truly no way around this? That would be a pretty big turn-off for people who want to use Mojopoly on the go...

I have some hi-def FLAC files on the sd card in my Poly and using the DLNA option via 8player the coloured lights do go beyond red :) but that does not use airplay it reads the files from Poly via wifi.

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #3,507 of 18,821

Unless you lobby Apple, no way that I’m aware of. It’s just the way Apple implemented Airplay. From what I understand it should work fine from mSD card using higher sampling rates controlled from a DLNA player, just not with Airplay.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #3,509 of 18,821
BTW Just out of curiosity what firmware version do you have, mine shows as 1.04 (bottom left of web page where mac address of wifi & Bluetooth shows up)?

It could explain different responses if we have some older/newer ones - I have assumed we all have a release version as it's so new.

Nov 15, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,510 of 18,821
You mean Sennheiser HD 700? I am not aware of any HD 700S being released yet...
By the way, how do you feel the difference between HD 660S (newly released) and the HD 700? Which are your impressions towards these two model of headphones?
I was intending to buy HD 660S, but I am still oscillating in a comparison with HD 700.

The sound of the HD 700 is way more analytical and tends a bit more into the mids and highs, which is what i like. Bass are wow, try „I want it Darker“ from Leonhard Cohen, this is deep and black as night. The 700 are more like speakers, sound is not so direkt on or into the ear and therefore you get a wider soundstage. The 660 S is not a bad headphone, but it sounds not so wide, more warm, punchy bass, ok, but it is more clampy on the head and hurts a bit after half an hour or so, where the HD 700 is so much more convienient, i sometimes sit for hours without problems. Both are easy to drive with 150 Ohms and work very well with mojopoly. I got my 660 S direct from Sennheiser and therefore could return them within the first 30 days and i am glad i did. Saved me 150 Euros and paved the way for a HD 700. I think the 660 S is to expencive at the asking price of 500 Euros, i would rate them ok for around 300 euros and maybe they will go toward this price within 2 or 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back