Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 15, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #3,482 of 18,742
If you only want to listen to your DSD music from the SD card on the go and don't need internet access for streaming then use the hotspot inside Poly. You can then use MPDluxe on the go. Put Poly in access point mode, connect to the Poly WiFi and then set the MPD server IP address to 192.168.1.1.
Tried this but connection failed... is the standard port for this 6600 as indicated on the app?

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #3,483 of 18,742
Tried this but connection failed... is the standard port for this 6600 as indicated on the app?

Yes the port is 6600. Here are a couple of photos of it working on my setup.
IMG_5457[1].PNG
IMG_5455[1].PNG
IMG_5456[1].PNG

Nov 15, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #3,484 of 18,742
Thanks for that... Maybe it's the firmware on my iPhone, using iOS 11.2 beta 3, perhaps that's why I cannot connect.
I do get a popup saying that the Polyxxxx network has no internet connection, asking me for 2 options, A. use connection without internet or B. use other network.
Only when choosing option A. do I see my iPhone 6 plus connecting to the Poly's router mode and indicating the wifi icon.

Nov 15, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #3,485 of 18,742
Listening to my Aeon closed as I type this. They sounded great out of Mojo as I recall, but even better from my Hugo 2.

Good to hear.

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #3,486 of 18,742
Good to hear.

I‘m having alot of fun with my Sennheiser HD 700 hearing my music from Audirvana/mac rendered via mojopoly. Bought them for 350 used, best headphones i ever used. Gave back the new Sennheiser HD 660 S for them, the 700s are so much better then the new 660 S. Not to mention the big step up in wearing comfort the 700s provide.

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #3,487 of 18,742
Thanks for that... Maybe it's the firmware on my iPhone, using iOS 11.2 beta 3, perhaps that's why I cannot connect.
I do get a popup saying that the Polyxxxx network has no internet connection, asking me for 2 options, A. use connection without internet or B. use other network.
Only when choosing option A. do I see my iPhone 6 plus connecting to the Poly's router mode and indicating the wifi icon.

Yes could be. I'm currently using iOS 11.1.1 but it also worked on earlier versions. Yes you need to click the use connection without internet otherwise the
iPhone will disconnect and use cellular data instead.

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #3,488 of 18,742
What headphone is best with the Poly + Mojo? I'm thinking about ordering the Mr.Speaker Aeon (closed)

You'll enjoy your Utopia with Moly. As good as with Hugo2.
I am loving mine. Moly have MUCH more than enough power to drive Utopia.

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #3,489 of 18,742
Dear all,

I went to buy my poly as planned but during the test, we never managed to make work as hotspot. Is this feature only available with the app or can we do without?

When connecting theough the wifi it worked fine but we never managed to get the ball changes to anything else than res although we played hi res file.

Did we miss out something here?

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #3,490 of 18,742
Dear all,

I went to buy my poly as planned but during the test, we never managed to make work as hotspot. Is this feature only available with the app or can we do without?

When connecting theough the wifi it worked fine but we never managed to get the ball changes to anything else than res although we played hi res file.

Did we miss out something here?

You need to set the Poly in access mode so you can connect your pc/phone to it and open the poly.audio page to setup the options.

The name of the Poly must be changed/type as this can prevent the other changes getting accepted.
There is an option on the web to keep the Poly in hot-spot mode - you use the Poly as the wifi hub and connect your phone/pc to it.
Or use a hotspot on your phone and connect the Poly to that, in which case you need to add the wifi settings (you phone SSID and password) being careful to avoid having odd characters/spaces in the SSID name.

You may have seen the red light for hi-res audio files if the output was coming via airplay which only does up to 44.1 (red). This can be because you are still in the airplay access mode and need to switch back to another mode. All a bit tricky to master at first but you get the hang of it after a while and the launch of an app (much looked forward to by a lot of us) should make it a lot easier.

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #3,492 of 18,742
It has arrived! Though waiting 6 hours for this thing to charge now is going to feel like an eternity.

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #3,493 of 18,742
You need to set the Poly in access mode so you can connect your pc/phone to it and open the poly.audio page to setup the options.

The name of the Poly must be changed/type as this can prevent the other changes getting accepted.
There is an option on the web to keep the Poly in hot-spot mode - you use the Poly as the wifi hub and connect your phone/pc to it.
Or use a hotspot on your phone and connect the Poly to that, in which case you need to add the wifi settings (you phone SSID and password) being careful to avoid having odd characters/spaces in the SSID name.

You may have seen the red light for hi-res audio files if the output was coming via airplay which only does up to 44.1 (red). This can be because you are still in the airplay access mode and need to switch back to another mode. All a bit tricky to master at first but you get the hang of it after a while and the launch of an app (much looked forward to by a lot of us) should make it a lot easier.

Can't wait for that app! :)

Nov 15, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #3,495 of 18,742
It has arrived! Though waiting 6 hours for this thing to charge now is going to feel like an eternity.
Have the instructions changed? If you use a 2A charger and are not playing then charge time should be 4 hours (giving approx. 9 hours runtime).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back