Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #3,301 of 18,779
what MPD apps equal to 8player available on android to play SD card ?

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,303 of 18,779
If people "shake" their Poly, they don't hear something moving inside as if something is loose?

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #3,305 of 18,779
What does 'something' sound like? A loose screw, or maybe a cable connecting the battery to the circuit board, or something else?

Something big. Could be the circuit board perhaps? You hear something big moving inside the Poly when I shake it.

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #3,306 of 18,779
If people "shake" their Poly, they don't hear something moving inside as if something is loose?
No this is not to be expected. It’s possibly the battery has not been bonded securely in the unit please return the unit to your retailer for a replacement asking them to return the faulty unit directly to Chord for investigation.

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #3,307 of 18,779
Something big. Could be the circuit board perhaps? You hear something big moving inside the Poly when I shake it.
I would take the proper screwdriver, open it up and see what's all about. I know, warranty and other stuff, but it's just a few screws, no rocket science. Actually I love this about Mojo also, including the battery connection. The battery could be rattling a little, it's the only one that could feel "heavy"in that tiny space.

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3,308 of 18,779
I would take the proper screwdriver, open it up and see what's all about. I know, warranty and other stuff, but it's just a few screws, no rocket science. Actually I love this about Mojo also, including the battery connection. The battery could be rattling a little, it's the only one that could feel "heavy"in that tiny space.
If you feel you must do that I must advise you that it will invalidate your warranty. Also please note there is fine cable between the two halves of the unit and it’s possible you may damage the both the battery or the circuit board

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #3,309 of 18,779
Now that we are talking about getting into the thing, I port scanned Poly and in addition to 5000(upnp), port 111 is open. Since Poly is a little computer running some linux, it could be nice to have ssh and root access to it, to have my own scripts and things running, like a web interface to control mSD card playback. It accepted a telnet connection on port 111, but didn't get any further than that. Also if such root/dev access were to be available, if something gets ****ed up, you could provide firmware flashing tools to reset the system.

Nov 11, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #3,310 of 18,779
No this is not to be expected. It’s possibly the battery has not been bonded securely in the unit please return the unit to your retailer for a replacement asking them to return the faulty unit directly to Chord for investigation.

Many thanks for confirming. I will send it back next monday.

Nov 11, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #3,312 of 18,779
If you feel you must do that I must advise you that it will invalidate your warranty. Also please note there is fine cable between the two halves of the unit and it’s possible you may damage the both the battery or the circuit board
So..I understand now that Poly's battery is not that simple to replace as Mojo's, right? Does it have the connector like Mojo, or is it soldered?
And when it will be done, some of us that bought from Amazon can send it straight to Chord for service? Do we also have the possibility to buy ourselves replacement batteries? I'm not shy on electronics, I used to disassembly explosive devices in Afghanistan :)) Don't think I would send mine to Amazon and them to Chord.. Hope I won't have to. Please share the correct way to have service, even when we bought from far away or unreachable retailers, ex when traveling.. THX

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #3,313 of 18,779
A little update on my experience with Mojopoly. Things have been pretty reliable over the past few days with Poly happily switching from home wifi to mobile hotspot to work wifi.

Having gone through the early adopter growing pains of getting used to the product, I decided to invest in a pair of good IEMs and listened to a dozen different options -thanks for the awesome service at Audio Sanctuary headquarters @PhilW
Amazing buying experience!

I ended up going for the oBravo ERIB1A, which to my ears match Mojopoly perfectly from drum&bass to classical music to dance.

Which got me thinking that one of the things that I appreciate about Poly the most is that I now use that gem called Mojo on a daily basis, unlike before buying Poly.

Having Mojo at my disposal, while keeping things running smoothly, reliably and wire-free has been a revelation. Especially when thinking about the cable mess and space requirements that traveling anywhere with Mojo entails.

A big well done to Chord, I am glad to be onboard for the ride and can’t wait to see what the future will bring for Poly.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #3,314 of 18,779
Nov 11, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #3,315 of 18,779
Dear John Franks
Does poly support EQ from SD card play ?
really i cant figure it out ,, its very important for me , and i don't want to buy it and then discover that it doesn't support EQ
i am totally OK if it doesn't but please don't ignore my question
Thanks for all the work you are doing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back